Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After more time at the nets, I think this game is very deep and nuanced for a batsman.

There is a tremendous range of shots and I had to hold Left Trigger + Left Stick up + Rt Stick left + RB to get the guy to advance down and smack the ball over leg side in the air.

It is a lot to do in the 100ms you get to do it so sometimes you have to premeditate it. But at least you can do such shots.

I also played a late cut and it felt like I actually did it opposed to a canned shot kicking it. Not sure if that is how it works but I couldn't replicate it easily.

Still, this game might have a steeper learning curve and most people will get out very soon because the batting is indeed tough because you have to do a lot in very small time.

Lets see when the game releases. It definitely looks very promising.

After more time at the nets, I think this game is very deep and nuanced for a batsman.

There is a tremendous range of shots and I had to hold Left Trigger + Left Stick up + Rt Stick left + RB to get the guy to advance down and smack the ball over leg side in the air.

It is a lot to do in the 100ms you get to do it so sometimes you have to premeditate it. But at least you can do such shots.

I also played a late cut and it felt like I actually did it opposed to a canned shot kicking it. Not sure if that is how it works but I couldn't replicate it easily.

Still, this game might have a steeper learning curve and most people will get out very soon because the batting is indeed tough because you have to do a lot in very small time.

Lets see when the game releases. It definitely looks very promising.

Alot more real and it comes down to playing every ball differently

Alot more real and it comes down to playing every ball differently

I think it is a testament to how great a game cricket actually is. A even bigger testament is how Bigant were able to pull it off. I think we have all played sports games before from bigger developers but I really feel DBC14 is going to be something special. Especially in terms of cricket and what we are being given here in scope.

One minor yet major example:

I remember so many times wishing I could setup a tour. Cricket 2007 allowed this but overall the gameplay was weak. Here we are getting a game where nearly every facet is customizable. :thumbs

From my experience, using bumpers (RB or LB) overrides any trigger you may use. So, for example, you cant get to advance down the wicket and defend the ball (RT + LAS + RAS + RB) because RB (bumper) overrides RT (trigger). There is still no official confirmation from BigAnt on whether this is possible or not but I think it's not possible.

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Doesn't matter! -_- :spy

Don Bradman Cricket 14 Videos

Hi,

I have seen nearly every one of the DBC 14 videos but have got some mates that havent. So can people put all of the videos up on this thread for me please? Thanks

Jamo :cheers ;)

There are two threads dedicated to videos of the World Premiere and then Nets yet this thread is still created. Mind-boggling :facepalm

PS3 controller with DS3 Tool dont let you leave the ball pressing R3 just dont do anything is this the right way ?? or something needs to be fixed.

How many new members since DBC came into the picture?

I signed up looking for some Cricket 07 mods. And then my eyes gazed towards "Big Ant Cricket 14"; I think it was named such at that time. The rest, as they say, is history.

I signed up looking for some Cricket 07 mods. And then my eyes gazed towards "Big Ant Cricket 14"; I think it was named such at that time. The rest, as they say, is history.

I have been on this forum since the good old cricket 2004 days for any update on cricket games.. Last year i was looking at modding my cricket 2007 (with a heavy heart) when i came across DBC and AC13 and i told myself hey AC13 will be fun DBC is just an experiment from one of the developers.. Over the last 6 months or so i have been proved wrong every single day and i was like 'Kudos' to BA for coming up with such an exciting title.. Infact everyday in office i check these forums for atleast 5 times..

So far Nets are looking very good and PS was also very encouraging.. i wish them all the best for what they will come up with.. There are a few big projects i personally have to execute January onwards so a release mid Jan would be ideal considering the work load at the end of the project (Ross knows all about it)..

----------

We just count the banned members...

We should update that anyway. 65,000 members and 2.3m posts. :)

So thats an easy 65k sales for Ross there.. Wondering if DBC will sell more than 2 Million Copies world wide.. BA will make a fortune.. Even if BA has $40 for each copy after publishers cost, retailers cost, transport and GST.. thats a lot of money ofcourse there was the hardwork as well..

Considering no cricket game has ever sold a million copies (according to Ross), there is basically 0% chance of that happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread