Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

However, I'm up at a godforsaken time to prepare myself for the next test where England will come at Australia harder than ever and win the double Ashes 8-8 on away wins with a sturdy middle order of Ballance, Stokes and Bairstow.

:noway

Anyway, that's my last off topic post. I'll stick to the relevant forums in future.

Well... England aren't relevant so I guess you're finally headed in the right direction :p

DBC 14 Forum members & viewers increasing as the new year and Christmas celebration is over now the focus is on main topic W**n i* T** R****** D***(WITRD)......

May be ross is trying to get license of any team or may be something bigger license of world cup.... Lol

May be ross is trying to get license of any team or may be something bigger license of world cup.... Lol

Not Now I guess.....It will be later in 2014 ending or nearer to WC 2015 ....as its happening in Australia and Zealand.....So Ross has support of home crowd and can pull super sales.....ICC World Cup 2015 licenses is a great idea , but have to bear with Budget too....I think Ross is the one who has better ideas than us.....

The release will be at the time that is most advantageous to the profitability and sustainability of the franchise which is in the best interests of everyone

Yes, that suits the line,
The release will be at the time that is most advantageous to the profitability and sustainability of the franchise which is in the best interests of everyone - BigAnt

Yes, that suits the line,
The release will be at the time that is most advantageous to the profitability and sustainability of the franchise which is in the best interests of everyone - BigAnt

Good Edit...But the above post you are saying is the one i have to think.....I have to go back to 2013 and say.....I Know What You Did In 2013

The case obviously has room for one, I simply have no need whatsoever for it.

Games don't come on discs any more, drivers and software are all available to download online, the OS can be installed from a USB drive (very quickly with USB 3.0) and I have no plans to watch DVDs through my PC and no reason to burn CDs/DVDs.

Asking why I won't have a DVD drive is like asking why I don't have a floppy drive, or why I don't have a VHS player under my TV - both of those are cheap, but to me they're obsolete so I wouldn't buy them.

I figured I'd post the same questions in here because of the lack of real response there and also because this thread is probably a more relevant place for it as this is a Q&A thread regarding the release of the game.

Genuinely amused by the lack of self-awareness in this post.

"Games don't come on discs any more... I simply have no need whatsoever for it... They're obsolete..."

I'd say, 'almost' obsolete. Certain games to still rely on a physical release in the first instance, such as this particular game that you want to buy. I'd say you still do need a DVD drive based on this evidence.

And if the game was digital only on PC, plenty of people on slower connections would complain about that.

The best of both worlds would be if the PC disc release was a Steamworks game, which would mean you could just activate the key on Steam and download it if you don't want to put the disc in - it's certainly my preference to be able to not need to put a disc in for verifying if I'm using a legal copy each time I run a game, though it's nice to have a physical case/disc of the game.

Genuinely amused by the lack of self-awareness in this post.

"Games don't come on discs any more... I simply have no need whatsoever for it... They're obsolete..."

I'd say, 'almost' obsolete. Certain games to still rely on a physical release in the first instance, such as this particular game that you want to buy. I'd say you still do need a DVD drive based on this evidence.
No lack of self-awareness I'm afraid, you're wrong. Oh, and nice one Snowy for jumping on the bandwagon once again against anyone who says anything remotely negative about the game.

You say "certain games", but I don't know of and haven't come across a single PC game that I'd even be even slightly interested in that is sold solely on a disc. It's so unusual and unexpected.
I'm not going to buy a DVD drive based on playing just one game a bit early and then have it otherwise sit there idle and unused for years.

Okay, I didn't include "except this one game" in my post, but that really should have gone without saying and there's no "lack of self awareness", so next time try to think before you get "genuinely amused" by your misunderstandings.

Also, Ross said here that there will be digital releases after the retail release, which MattW pointed me to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madman, just understand that I'm trying to assist you in any way I can. I'd hate for you not to be able to play the game due to this.

Do you have any computer at all that has a DVD drive in it that you could perhaps network up together and use the optical drive via network? I'll be doing the same thing to install the game on my tablet, as it does not have an optical drive, and I don't have a external DVD drive.

Take off the tin foil hat, you'll have more fun that way. Can't even like a post without people coming up with shit...

I didn't think you were slagging the game...you're not even talking about the actual game, just a distribution method. Nor am I jumping on a bandwagon. I just liked his post.
Yeah it's a distribution method, but it is one that (partially) Big Ant are employing so it is related to the game. I love the product though from what I've seen so far, the nets gameplay is superb.

Fair enough though, I was probably a bit harsh.

I seem to remember you being a bit dismissive of someone (Punk Sk8r?) when he had raised a couple of genuine issues, that's where it stemmed from.

Madman, just understand that I'm trying to assist you in any way I can. I'd hate for you not to be able to play the game due to this.

Do you have any computer at all that has a DVD drive in it that you could perhaps network up together and use the optical drive via network? I'll be doing the same thing to install the game on my tablet, as it does not have an optical drive, and I don't have a external DVD drive.
Thanks, I misunderstood your intent and I was in a bit of a pissy mood (dealing with a dodgy landlord...), apologies.

My laptop has a DVD-RW drive, so perhaps I could figure something out - maybe creating a .iso image of the disc, transferring it to the PC and mounting it using some virtual drive software. Not sure of the legality of this though.

I think it's a concern that a pirated version could offer a more convenient service than purchasing the game. The game could well be cracked and available for download well before a legitimate digital download version. I'm not condoning this and I wouldn't do it, but it's something Big Ant should probably bear in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread