Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure on the Jimmy Anderson thing, but there's a huge difference between a player sledging and a captain getting caught on stump microphone sledging.

Fans are irrelevant - both countries will have nobhead fans and non-nobhead fans.

Not much of a difference. Captain is a player too and this type of banter goes on all the time. What would have been unacceptable was if Clarke had uprooted a stump and broken Anderson's arm with it, but simply uttering that statement is sledging which happens all the time.

----------

Urinating on a pitch many hours after a match has finished, whilst drunk and celebrating, is worse than a head-coach leading the attack on Broad with person insults? REALLY??!! Why?!

Is this you Martyn?!

A coach calling on fans to make life difficult for a key opponent player on the field is definitely a lesser offence than a team pissing on a pitch in my books.

Not much of a difference. Captain is a player too and this type of banter goes on all the time. What would have been unacceptable was if Clarke had uprooted a stump and broken Anderson's arm with it, but simply uttering that statement is sledging which happens all the time.

And sadly this will happen for years to come. With a racist head-coach, a captain stupid enough to get caught swearing and sledging on stump-mic and an opener who loves to go round punching people the next generation of Aussie cricketers have some great role models there.

And sadly this will happen for years to come. With a racist head-coach, a captain stupid enough to get caught swearing and sledging on stump-mic and an opener who loves to go round punching people the next generation of Aussie cricketers have some great role models there.

Warner punching Root was unacceptable and if that happens again he needs to be benched for a long long time. However I don't see anything wrong with Clarke sledging Anderson. It's akin to SA players talking up chin music and targeting Indian batsmen with short pitched stuff before India's tour to SA. Happens all the time and it should. These players are representing their nations in Tests and not playing for peewee cup.

This message is hidden because duded64 is on your ignore list.

Come the end of the series they'll look stupid and Englands cricket will have done al the talking for them.

How's that working out for you?

A coach calling on fans to make life difficult for a key opponent player on the field is definitely a lesser offence than a team pissing on a pitch in my books.
These seem like professional comments from the Australian coach:

Darren Lehmann said:
I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole summer. And I hope he cries and goes home. I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard... Certainly our players haven't forgotten, they're calling him everything under the sun as they go past so I would hope the Australian public are the same because that was just blatant cheating
I would like to point out that Broad edged it to Haddin, at keeper. A massive deflection off Haddin took it to Clarke. He didn't hit it to first slip. He got a small nick that the keeper dropped.

It will be this week.

Stream it Ross and preferably open a conference bridge so we can jump in as well. Would definitely make the meeting "interesting" :D

----------

These seem like professional comments from the Australian coach:

I would like to point out that Broad edged it to Haddin, at keeper. A massive deflection off Haddin took it to Clarke. He didn't hit it to first slip. He got a small nick that the keeper dropped.

I have absolutely no issue with Broad not walking. It's umpire's job to give Broad out and Broad is well within his rights to stay there. I don't condone Lehmann's statement and if I were working at CA I would have had a word with him regarding the same. But I still find England team's pissing on the pitch more offensive. Maybe it's just me but I did find English team's behavior more disturbing than Lehmann's statement.

I have absolutely no issue with Broad not walking. It's umpire's job to give Broad out and Broad is well within his rights to stay there.
Thank you for being sensible on this matter.

But I still find England team's pissing on the pitch more offensive.
I'm really sorry, but I don't understand. How in any way is it offensive?

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand. How in any way is it offensive?

As I said earlier maybe it's just me but the thought of a group of men, international sportspersons at that who are supposed to be role models for kids, huddled around a pitch and having a communal "piss off" does seem offensive disturbing to me.

----------

When someone has bladder issues like he does, rubbing their pissing abilities in his face can be very distressing.

Lol :lol

As I said earlier maybe it's just me but the thought of a group of men, international sportspersons at that who are supposed to be role models for kids, huddled around a pitch and having a communal "piss off" does seem offensive disturbing to me.

I haven't seen any children pissing on cricket pitches since that "incident", but maybe I haven't spent enough time around the children in your area.

I haven't seen any children pissing on cricket pitches since that "incident", but maybe I haven't spent enough time around the children in your area.

I'm glad kids have more sense than the English cricket team.

It's not as if it was televised live in front of 10 million kids. It was something reported in the papers.

I don't think there is too much wrong with it but saying: "Get ready for a broken f***ing arm" to a number 11 is surely a worse message for kids. As is the repeated abusing of dismissed opponents from both sides.

I'm glad kids have more sense than the English cricket team.
Warner? Harris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread