Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least PC gamers will get DBC14...

*cough*IC2010*cough*

Really, if you think about it. PC gamers are being a little greedy. You guys go Ashes Cricket 2013. :lol

Firing squad NOW 79c...

I was meaning the boxed versions dude, not everyone has a console and waiting 2 more months when us console users just get special treatment. I do feel for them, still life sometimes does this. Choice is to wait or get a console, they are not that much.

PS Look for second hand ones in your town guys if you can't wait.:(

Why no to steam ? Steam is very good IMO .
because steam takes up more space thats not needed and uses more ram thats not needed. All you want running is the game not a dam 3rd party software to launch it from and if your using steam just to reduce the illegal copies then you prob best of removing the pc version. Iam with matt on this one iam not sure what to do with my pc pre ordered copy either as he said $90 for a hard copy cd that is now not needed if its on steam. What makes this rant so hard is the fact the game is self looks and feels awesome :facepalm

The one thing that Big Ant did not take in consideration is that Steam is completly useless in South Africa. Sale from Steam for SA is going to be nearley zero, appart from the few lucky ones staying in Jozy or Cape Town. O well it looked like a nice game.
There are games that release on discs that you then activate on Steam, so it uses your disc to install from and then might grab a patch from the online server. Obviously not ideal, but doesn't make it impossible either.

It runs it perfectly. A shitty non-gaming HP which I have never played a game on.

true. i have a pretty poor laptop that runs CA and nets fine. i have to be careful not to be in it too long or it overheats (even with my laptop cooler).

i do have a more powerful work laptop that plays it even better with no overheating. it's a good laptop, but it's certainly not a gaming laptop.

-------------

Have to say I am a little disappointed to have been given a "window", however narrow that window is, rather than an exact date, and it'd be interesting to know the reasons for that. End of March is not bad for me personally, I'm skint right now and it gives me more paydays to save up :)

Not that I am or ever was planning to buy it on PC (for reasons above), but I have to say the PC release information is disappointing. It's not like Steam just launched this month, but is a longstanding platform, and anti-piracy DRM is obviously a hot issue that you would assume forms a vital part of planning a gaming project from day zero. Of course I don't know all the logistics and other issues involved to get something released particularly using the online rankings etc. Ross mentioned, but surely it's something that either should have been resolved long before now, or at least flagged up as a possible issue to avoid the "nasty surprise" bit.

Very glad to have some release info, and it's not too far away. Would really have preferred and expected more concrete info in respect of date, price, retail channels etc.

All good, it's just that not everyone goes on here as well and we already have cut and pasted it over. Just a quick question why can't you get on the other forum.

Not on my PC, I will be soon.

I don?t know that much about Steam and reducing piracy, but I know Football Manager went down that route and this year?s version was pirated within a couple of days of release.

Ross, can we, North Americans, order the game from anywhere as its region free or will we be getting special sites to order from?

I don?t know that much about Steam and reducing piracy, but I know Football Manager went down that route and this year?s version was pirated within a couple of days of release.

I think other than piracy, it also gives an option of having regional pricing which is crucial in some markets ;) Not sure if this was also factored in the decision of PC release on Steam.

because steam takes up more space thats not needed and uses more ram thats not needed. All you want running is the game not a dam 3rd party software to launch it from and if your using steam just to reduce the illegal copies then you prob best of removing the pc version. Iam with matt on this one iam not sure what to do with my pc pre ordered copy either as he said $90 for a hard copy cd that is now not needed if its on steam. What makes this rant so hard is the fact the game is self looks and feels awesome :facepalm

I get that it uses more space but that space is not much and it doesn't even take that much RAM , it is running in background in my pc all the time and it only uses 30-60 Mb . Moreover the download in steam are quick and the games are organized in one place , if its anything its like the consoles . But I get where you are coming from and I think its justified what you say .

The final waiting game (I Hope) begins :D

Steam is the best method of distribution, we were also looking at Origin, and if course using our own servers (which was our original plan).

Steam will get pirated, for sure, but linking in the CA makes it harder.

There are games that release on discs that you then activate on Steam, so it uses your disc to install from and then might grab a patch from the online server. Obviously not ideal, but doesn't make it impossible either.

I agree but those games normally takes 4 to 6 hours to register and update online, that is if you are lucky to get Steam downloaded at all. The people in Johannesburg and Capetown normally dont have a problem but elswhere Steam is a no go zone

Disappointed about the PC delay. :( My xbox only gets used by my 3 y/o for his Just Dance play.

I can guess the reasons for the staggered release but, 2 months??? :facepalm

Anyway, there's not a lot I can do about it. I am stoked that its coming soon but also disappointed we have to wait 2 months after consoles.

not a question of eliminating piracy, but reducing it.

possibly easier to identify the cracked copies and so hit them with the various piracy bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread