Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence or anything but no one cares about don bradman, half the people who watch and play cricket these days don't really care about him no matter how much they love the game of cricket..

Absolutely and utterly wrong. Have a look back to people's responses on here when the licence was announced. If you don't respect and revere Bradman you know nothing about the history and tradition of the sport.
Sorry mate but that's a shocking thing to write

Yeah he is a timeless master but my point is no one cares, majority of the people haven't seen him play, some portion won't even know who he is,

What a load of absolute, unmitigated rubbish.

Don't confuse YOU not caring with 'NO ONE' caring

The Don was the pinnacle of quality, he represented all that was good about the game and is a legend if the sport. Pele, Ali, Bradman are names associated so highly within their own sports, and the mention of those names brings the feeling or genius and quality. The fact that the Bradman family have allowed the use of his name suggests this game has quality, form is temporary class is permanent, like Ross said, once the ashes series finishes AC1? Will be outdated whereas with DB14, we have an in depth, quality game that along with the academy etc could really set up a franchise to stand the test of time. It seems to me Ross loves cricket, he's proud if this game, and has Bradmans family's approval, anyone who doesn't think that's a great selling point should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeerrrmm!! :rolleyes. I'm guessing you've not played assassins creed then?!

This game won't sell well if it's aimed at just genuine cricket fans. There simply arnt enough of us. It has to be aimed at the casual cricket fans to. And if you think someone that's 50/50 on a cricket game is going to pass up assassins creed/call of duty/battlefield/next gen consoles to play any cricket game then you quite simply are mad!
I have 7 people on my xbox friends list that I managed to talk into getting this game, however only 1 of them now will get it due to all the other aaa titles out this year plus the next gen consoles!

I used the phrase very loosely!

casual cricket fan = not casual gamer. You're mixing them up now. You totally missed the point about rental game industry. DBC is a game you buy and play for months. Where as COD/Battlefield/assassins creed is a game which you finish at most in easily two weeks so you can easily rent them. Also you don't have to be a die hard cricket fan to buy choose cricket game over the other games. It's all about marketing and reviews.

I don't believe Punk is right in what he asserts about Don Bradman not holding an interest for current cricket fans, however it is reasonable to have a discussion about the merits of the Ashes License vs the endorsement of the Don Bradman foundation.

Absolutely and utterly wrong. Have a look back to people's responses on here when the licence was announced. If you don't respect and revere Bradman you know nothing about the history and tradition of the sport.

Punk Sk8r! brings up a great point though. When I tell my friends or acquaintances, who are cricket fans and are into gaming, about the cricket game(s), one of the first questions I almost inavraiably get is regarding licensing along with when is the game coming out. It surprises me no end most folks care about licenses more than the gameplay. Other common questions usually are related to tourneys & T20 Leagues (World Cup, IPL, Champions League, BBL etc.) and whether those tourneys & leagues are licensed in the game. After all these queries come questions about online gameplay and career mode.

Unless someone specifically points out Cricket Academy's relevance regarding licensing most of the casual fans would happily lap up AC13 instead of DBC14. We are hardcore cricket gaming fans, who would buy any cricket game regardless of the game title, but majority of the target base of cricket games are different. They are more likely to play T20s instead of Tests.

One of the drawbacks of having Bradman as the title of the game is people perceive the game to be focused on Tests. But OTOH the positive is that plenty of folks who didn't intend to purchase a cricket game in the first place will buy it for their kids/nephews/grand-kids as the name "Don Bradman" is recognizable just like Pele, Mohammad Ali, Babe Ruth or Wayne Gretzky.

IMO DBC14 will have to make a serious push on three key points...

1. Cricket Academy to counter licensing claims and to educate casual gamers that licensing won't be an issue.
2. DBC14 is not just for Tests and it supports T20 & T20 leagues.
3. Career Mode, i.e. it is the first cricket game to have the mode.

I don't believe Punk is right in what he asserts about Don Bradman not holding an interest for current cricket fans, however it is reasonable to have a discussion about the merits of the Ashes License vs the endorsement of the Don Bradman foundation.

Current cricket fans should know who Don Bradman is. If your a a fan of Cricket then its that simple that you should know one of the greatest legends of the sport. Its just non-cricket fans that might not get as much exposure to Don Bradman as say they get to the Ashes.

Games often have a player in their name. From all I've seen, this is solely for marketing + branding purposes and nothing else; Stacey Jones Rugby League wasn't all about Stacey Jones, Brian Lara Cricket wasn't all about Brian Lara, and Don Bradman cricket isn't all about Don Bradman.

In other words, I see a name in the game title, and I don't really pay any attention to it.

If I see a game called Ashes Cricket, I would expect it to be all about the Ashes series.

Thus, if I were basing my decision on the title only (which is stupid anyway), I wouldn't go for one based solely on a single test match series, regardless of who you named the other one after, because I'd want a game equally focused on all types of cricket.

Last edited:
Missed my point about the window, no wants to buy things considered "old"... FIFA World cup is half price immediately when the WC finishes, London Olympics was less than that two weeks after the London games were complete.

If you are to sell an event base game then the optimal time is before the event, during and after die pretty damn quickly.

Especially if players are dropped, retire, "get into trouble", etc.. and you can't edit the squad... then you're certainly in trouble with the game being aged quickly.

Yeah I 100% agree a event based game won't last, but thats after the dust has settled, as many of the opinionated know-it-alls of this forum have said that we here at pc are the small minoroty of buyers. So the main bulk of the buyers aren't going to buy ashes then buy dbc, thats why I think this is a downfall of the title.

Also as you said the two main markets are england and aus...ashes interests england as well as australia whereas bradman is just inciting australians. It's funny people are getting so butthurt over my opinion because it doesn't agree with there's.

The Don was the pinnacle of quality, he represented all that was good about the game and is a legend if the sport. Pele, Ali, Bradman are names associated so highly within their own sports, and the mention of those names brings the feeling or genius and quality. The fact that the Bradman family have allowed the use of his name suggests this game has quality, form is temporary class is permanent, like Ross said, once the ashes series finishes AC1? Will be outdated whereas with DB14, we have an in depth, quality game that along with the academy etc could really set up a franchise to stand the test of time. It seems to me Ross loves cricket, he's proud if this game, and has Bradmans family's approval, anyone who doesn't think that's a great selling point should

Yep, was waiting for all of you butthurt people to come along and start spouting your nonsense. Not once did I say I don't care about bradman....which in all honesty I don't really but thats not why I said what I said. If you could stop being so ignorant and butthurt for a second then maybe you will realize what my actual standpoint was from a buyers perspective.

Also people saying look how good the reaction was to the title, yeah it was great and I personally don't have a problem with it being DBC I couldn't care less if a potato was on the front cover, but people on here have said many a time that the PC market isn't the main market so just because us lot are happy doesn't mean everyone else will care just because YOU care. But this is completely beside the point I was making. But as so often on this forum if you make a point against anything the experts get very med. :lol

Thank you :)

The fact of the matter is if you mention any other cricketer in the history of the game there's an argument that somebody was better and stats to back it up, but Bradman was head and shoulders above anyone. Also neither if the current Aus/Eng teams are among the greatest teams to have played the game, and the 2013 series wasn't a classic either! To me ashes cricket is the test series I get most excited about, but I'm English and love cricket, but with regards to a video game, the ashes license doesn't mean much, especially when you put it against what DB14 seems to offer, and won't be played after the series is over. As a francise, there will be no call for a sequel for 4 yrs either!!

The fact of the matter is if you mention any other cricketer in the history of the game there's an argument that somebody was better and stats to back it up, but Bradman was head and shoulders above anyone. Also neither if the current Aus/Eng teams are among the greatest teams to have played the game, and the 2013 series wasn't a classic either! To me ashes cricket is the test series I get most excited about, but I'm English and love cricket, but with regards to a video game, the ashes license doesn't mean much, especially when you put it against what DB14 seems to offer, and won't be played after the series is over. As a francise, there will be no call for a sequel for 4 yrs either!!

The average consumer doesn't think like this, fact of the matter is the ashes is happening and there is a ashes game coming out which = people buying blindly, hence why I said there could be a turd in the case and they'd buy it. Think of all the little kiddies and teens who are going to be getting the game via mummy and daddy...most kids don't know the "history" of cricket and don't need to know it thats just a stupid elitist view.

Unless anyone actually has some hard data to back up what they're saying, there really is no point having this discussion.

It is just a bunch of people thinking they actually know what they're talking about, when in reality they are just making assertions based on purely anecdotal evidence.

And I'm guessing there is only one person who actually has data to back up their claims...

Unless anyone actually has some hard data to back up what they're saying, there really is no point having this discussion.

It is just a bunch of people thinking they actually know what they're talking about, when in reality they are just making assertions based on purely anecdotal evidence.

And I'm guessing there is only one person who actually has data to back up their claims...

Bit like you then?

You obviously lack how to have a discussion in a civil manner as someone else's opinion can make you so butthurt lol...keep your tits on.

Bit like you then?

You obviously lack how to have a discussion in a civil manner as someone else's opinion can make you so butthurt lol...keep your tits on.

Yep, exactly like me, and you, and anyone else who has literally nothing to back up what they say. At least I avoid making utterly stupid claims like "no one cares about Bradman'. Presenting opinion as fact is a waste of time and gets us nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread