Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true that comment was kind of dumb, but the reality in this day and age is that if a game was fully licences by the ipl it would outsell a don Bradman game by more than I care to think about. It wouldn't mater if the don bradman game was better, it's just a sign of the times. Sad but true.
We have a fully licensed IPL game - it's a mobile phone/tablet thing (android example). Free, ad supported, and suited to the realities of the market for that game.

Major features:
* Watch the cheerleaders dance to your shots.
* Score more than 36 runs in an Over. Explore the Power-ups!
* Celebrate special match events with the "Replays"

We have a fully licensed IPL game - it's a mobile phone/tablet thing (android example). Free, ad supported, and suited to the realities of the market for that game.

Fun fact: That one (and many other versions of the same game under different names for various events/brands etc) was in fact made by the mobile wing of the company I went to after I left Codemasters...
I never worked on it, but I certainly am very familiar with it.

Fun fact: That one (and many other versions of the same game under different names for various events/brands etc) was in fact made by the mobile wing of the company I went to after I left Codemasters...
So I suppose they didn't run "Experience the first and the best ever multiplayer cricket game in full HD 3D graphics." past you?

So I suppose they didn't run "Experience the first and the best ever multiplayer cricket game in full HD 3D graphics." past you?

Ha. You would be correct in that assumption. :)

Worth pointing out that both Chief AND Ross "thanked" my post. Biggs: Bringing People Together.

attachment.php

I'm like PlanetCricket's version of Kofi Annan...

Attachments

• JustSayin.png
    JustSayin.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 199
It's not a "Generic" title (Cricket Live), it's not about a current hot player (Insert Whomever Here), it's about what it means to us, the feeling we get of seeing a legend of the game in the palm of our hands when the console switches on, the ability to play as him (or with him) and experience that both physically and emotionally. That's the message they're sending. It's forward-planning and they mean to OWN the sport with that title. It's a tiny step towards establishing a consistent brand that isn't built around a moving goal-post of who's a hot player or what series is popular. It's a brand established around one of international sports most important, most iconic people of the last hundred years, in any sport. ANY.

There's no ambiguity in that title.

Yet another hypocritical comment. One minute everyone here is preaching "they need to market the game correctly to appeal to the not so hardcore fans too" now all of a sudden everyone wants to play as bradman in the palm of their hands? Funny you are making such a statement after just saying I don't have any factual evidence to back up mine...sure I don't and nor do you so please listen to mr.casanova down there who's butt is the most hurt and don't post any of your opinions ktnx

EDIT: I just read that again and look at it, you're literally saying what YOU feel so what makes that statement any different from mine? Or does everyone feel like this?

Yeh but Biggs....you're just butthurt

hjahaha look how hurt your butt is hahaha u mad br0? brah breh?

I think Punk Sk8r probably missed the posts around the time it was announced but there were certainly some "Bradman? Really?" reactions from English fans I know. The title is aimed predominately at Australia but the features on the back of the box are more important to the gamers I know that the license.
I think in the UK without knowing the features most people would opt for Ashes over Bradman in terms of brand.
Doesn't look like it will be a problem anyway as Ashes show no sign of actually having a releasable game.

Yeah I agree my whole point was just a topic of discussion and a rather valid one imo, which I have found out you're not allowed to do here unless you're on a close nit circle of people that post...funny how the same people say exactly what I say when tendulkar or someone is mentioned by an indian...some have even gone as far as having slightly offensive sigs about dhoni and his poor indian cousins rofl doesn't really bother me but I guess that has been the theme of this forum for YEARS now if you know what I mean

Worth pointing out that both Chief AND Ross "thanked" my post. Biggs: Bringing People Together.

attachment.php

I'm like PlanetCricket's version of Kofi Annan...

:lol

HAHAHA

oh yeah maybe I should quote the post by ross where he actually legitimately understands the topic of discussion I was trying to make, so instead of just mindlessly brown nosing try to actually understand it.

Might photoshop it too

I can see it now, new forum members lining up online to get a taste of Biggs online. How many times did you hit him in the head and so on. The Biggs Fan club.:p PS Biggs your still ok in my books but giving your ass a kick online well how could i not.:clap

Their last two sports games:
Rugby League Live 2 - Announced 19th September for 11th October - 22 days
AFL Live - Announced 27th March for 21st April - 25 days

As long as it is announced in 'early' October, it can be released in late October, it wouldn't be odd for them.

What's your guess October or November??:)

Mid-November is probably the ideal time to release the game - so that it is on the market in time for Christmas and their marketing can run during the Ashes.

But obviously, that's why it matters what is happening with AC13 - if they are still on for a release, mid-November before the 1st test would be the target release date, so Big Ant would want to release with enough time before that so their marketing is in clear space.

The fact we heard nothing out of 505 this month would make me suggest, with my vast experience of releasing cricket games, that the 24th October is the best hedge between the two outcomes with Ashes. If that date is right, I'd expect the announcement next week.
^ That.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread