Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have been a better first post. I hope they do well too and wish them all the best :)

I have been listening to a podcast with the lead developer for The Golf Club, this is a game that is being made by HB Studios and is out in next couple of months.

They had an interesting discussion re Self Publishing, he was saying that the PS4/Xbox One offer great opportunities for small developers to self publish their games if they are prepared to do it digitally, which in turn allows them a lot more control of the game, sounds as though this is what they are going to do with their game.

If there is a future PS4/Xbox One version of DBC, maybe that is a route that Big Ant will take? Certainly listening to that discussion it seems that in this generation we could see a lot more smaller developers releasing games digitally.

Well you look at the mobile app developers. So many developers have become big names overnight (a lot haven't though) because now it's so much easier to put your game out there as you don't have to go through the step of getting shops to stock and so on. Big Ant's mobile developer, HalfBrick, is already a big name so I assume that that's a nice earner. I was wondering, Ross, if you release a mobile version of DBC would it be under Halfbrick or Big Ant?

Big Ant's mobile developer, HalfBrick, is already a big name so I assume that that's a nice earner. I was wondering, Ross, if you release a mobile version of DBC would it be under Halfbrick or Big Ant?
Halfbrick aren't related to Big Ant as a company - Big Ant just did some porting of games developed by Halfbrick to consoles.

Halfbrick aren't related to Big Ant as a company - Big Ant just did some porting of games developed by Halfbrick to consoles.

Thanks for that Matt. I thought they were part of Big Ant due to Jet Pack Joy Ride being advertised on BA's website. I'll stop spreading false information now :facepalm

Thanks for that Matt. I thought they were part of Big Ant due to Jet Pack Joy Ride being advertised on BA's website. I'll stop spreading false information now :facepalm

We've made versions of Jetpack Joyride and Fruit Ninja under license from Halfbrick, the owner and I have been very good friends for more than a decade.

Halfbrick are a huge company with amazing revenues, undoubtedly one of the most prolific developers of all time with more than a billion downloads to date.

Ross if you merged with Halfbrick would both companies benefit or is it too much of a logistical nightmare and/or there's no point? I assume both companies would benefit from more expertise but then again as I said earlier it might not be worth it.

Ross if you merged with Halfbrick would both companies benefit or is it too much of a logistical nightmare and/or there's no point? I assume both companies would benefit from more expertise but then again as I said earlier it might not be worth it.

We are so much smaller then Halfbrick, I can but dream of having 10% of their reach and power.

Do you have any aspirations to start making mobile game. They seem to make a lot of money. TBH I didn't relise just how much potential money there is making apps. I would've assumed you were bigger than most popular app developer. But I guess mobile games don't cost nearly as much to develop and if you manage to sell a million $1 apps there's a million.

You guys are coming to Mumbai to show off the game tomorrow and you are not telling anyone here. You have been a naughty boy ross. No cookies for you. :p

----------

So the roadshow in India will start. I guess release is imminent. :thumbs

Last edited:
You guys are coming to Mumbai to show off the game tomorrow and you are not telling anyone here. You have been a naughty boy ross. No cookies for you. :p

----------

So the roadshow in India will start. I guess release is imminent. :thumbs

Yeah, I was meant to be in Mumbai today but had issues with my Visa - had I been in town I would have certainly looked some of you up.

I love the place and am bitterly disappointed I couldn't make this trip, being a Veg it's like heaven - so much good food and interesting people :yes

Any plans for a roadshow in Bangalore?

Yep, that was to be my next stop. Kane will be there.

I should say that it isn't a public play session, it's for the retail buyers and press.

Was totally unaware of that. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread