Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't said you have asked if it was for the public or not. My original post was a blanket statement aimed at no-one in particular to avoid confusion and to stop everyone asking where to go for the 'event'.

You called me out and kept saying 'it is an event', as if I had denied it was an event, which I hadn't. I had denied it was an event for the public. Two different things.

Didn't know that since I saw it following my query. I'm more concerned about the time of the media event as there will likely be more videos & assets following it and would want to know whether it might happen tonight or tomorrow as I'm in EST and the event will happen in India.

----------

Handbags away guys. Just a little miscommunication one feels...

No worries, we are good :thumbs

Didn't know that since I saw it following my query. I'm more concerned about the time of the media event as there will likely be more videos & assets following it and would want to know whether it might happen tonight or tomorrow as I'm in EST and the event will happen in India.

----------

No worries, we are good :thumbs

I would have quoted you. But it's cool, no point falling out over it. My handbag is well an truly away.

Prepare for some broken ****in.... Oops, wrong context. :p

It was me who suggested supressing the "event" thing, just to see if we could avoid everyone clamoring for an invite. I rescind and apologise.

What we know is:
Some media and retail are going to an unknown location (somewhere in India) at an unknown time to see the PS3 version of the game.
They will be able to play it. We don't know if they will be able to take anything away (It is apparently up to Tru Blu).

The last 3 pages was some beautiful hysteria... Top work.

It was me who suggested supressing the "event" thing, just to see if we could avoid everyone clamoring for an invite. I rescind and apologise.

What we know is:
Some media and retail are going to an unknown location (somewhere in India) at an unknown time to see the PS3 version of the game.
They will be able to play it. We don't know if they will be able to take anything away (It is apparently up to Tru Blu).

Yup, for the first time in months, even Ross was pretty unclear about it. They were really open about recording videos at Melbourne play session but this time i guess Tru blu is handling the private meet with retailers so they may or may not allow. Although i cant see a reason why not. People have already seen the product and it is pretty damn good. So they have no quality control issue. If they allow retailer to record the vids they can later show it to some of other retailers they are in contact with and they may also get interested in buying the game and keeping it on the shelf. So basically it would do a free word of mouth publicity of the game.

...perfect timing.

Business. Meeting. #endof

Yup, for the first time in months, even Ross was pretty unclear about it. They were really open about recording videos at Melbourne play session but this time i guess Tru blu is handling the private meet with retailers so they may or may not allow. Although i cant see a reason why not. People have already seen the product and it is pretty damn good. So they have no quality control issue. If they allow retailer to record the vids they can later show it to some of other retailers they are in contact with and they may also get interested in buying the game and keeping it on the shelf. So basically it would do a free word of mouth publicity of the game.

With the game so close, I'd imagine they have their own assets ready to go very soon. If that's true, then there's a case to be made for controlling what the mainstream public see: you probably wouldn't want amateur assets going out alongside your slick stuff.

Yeah, I was meant to be in Mumbai today but had issues with my Visa - had I been in town I would have certainly looked some of you up.

I love the place and am bitterly disappointed I couldn't make this trip, being a Veg it's like heaven - so much good food and interesting people :yes

Welcome to India, Ross. With summer yet to kick off, if you find some time - you are welcomed to visit some seashore places in south like Cochin or Chennai(outside business trips).

Have a pleasant stay in India. :thumbs

@Chief. That actually made some sense. Wow, Can't believe you worked for you know who. :p

With the game so close, I'd imagine they have their own assets ready to go very soon. If that's true, then there's a case to be made for controlling what the mainstream public see: you probably wouldn't want amateur assets going out alongside your slick stuff.

In that case you will distribute the assets yourself at the event. You don't invite the press at an event and don't allow them to record anything of the event without providing them official media assets.

Chief knows what he's talking about.

Sorry Chief. I need to get over it all once and for all.

In that case you will distribute the assets yourself at the event. You don't invite the press at an event and don't allow them to record anything of the event without providing them official media assets.

Actually, that happens fairly regularly. Especially when there are multiple events in different territories. You do your presentations and gameplay demos/hands on, and then provide them with a link to where the assets WILL be when they can use them.
It saves having to set embargoes etc to make all press have level dates.

Maybe they will only allow audio recordings? Yes. Yes, I did. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread