Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea is to wait until the newest gen consoles have a bit more 'market share' before releasing. Official word is not until after PS3, XBox 360 and PC release has been done will anything be advised.

Thanks. That would be a shame if nothing is going to be advised (doesn't have to be a release date, just a yes or no as to whether it will happen would be good) until after the PS3, 360 and PC releases as it makes it hard to decide whether to get it on PS3 or wait and not everyone can justify paying out for the same game twice.

Ah well, I haven't actually played a cricket game since the last EA Sports effort anyway so holding off for a few more months and continuing to practice with the nets won't hurt.

Last edited:
My issue is that the game loads and works fine, but whenever Iam batting in the nets with my controller, the screen goes black as if to say no one is using the machine so sleep..I have to move the mouse to get the screen on again...

why is this?

^ can you check your power saver settings, your probably having switch off monitor after x mins option enabled.Ideally this shouldn't happen since you are playing the game,but i think it may be CA problem were the inputs are not recognized by the sys and it switches the monitor off for power saving

Last edited:
Change your power usage settings, most have "Game Mode" where your PC never sleeps and your fan works a bit harder to keep it cool and disables power-hungry background apps that you don't need.

Thanks. That would be a shame if nothing is going to be advised (doesn't have to be a release date, just a yes or no as to whether it will happen would be good) until after the PS3, 360 and PC releases as it makes it hard to decide whether to get it on PS3 or wait and not everyone can justify paying out for the same game twice.

Ah well, I haven't actually played a cricket game since the last EA Sports effort anyway so holding off for a few more months and continuing to practice with the nets won't hurt.

I guess it really depends on how popular the initial current gen release goes and also how the next few months of sales of other games onto the next gen consoles perform. Big Ant (ok.. Ross) has invested alot of money into this project and probably want to know they have gotten close to covering the outlay before investing more time and money into releasing the next gen versions. I'm leaving it open for interpretation as to if they have already done most of the work for 'porting' (term used loosely) to XBONE and PS4 as it is a possibility.

What has Ross got to say about the resubmission for console and the possible delay this may mean for release as per the article?

If (note I say if) the game could not be released in one region by late march, will that mean a delay for all other regions in which the game was set to release....hypothetically. Oh what the hell- if the release were to be delayed in India would the Australian release also be delayed.

What has Ross got to say about the resubmission for console and the possible delay this may mean for release as per the article?

The submissions are not an issue.

We previously passed with only 1 point taken from an allowable 24 points.

----------

If (note I say if) the game could not be released in one region by late march, will that mean a delay for all other regions in which the game was set to release....hypothetically. Oh what the hell- if the release were to be delayed in India would the Australian release also be delayed.

This is a local issue for the distributors/retailers as the game is ready, except on PC where there is the Steam integration and resulting QA.

@Ross- just out of interest are all decisions now regarding release date out of BA's hands and up to the distributors, publishers etc. or do you still get the final say.

I have a "say" however our involvement has diminished greatly as the game is out of our hands.

My understanding is that end of March is the target, that has not changed.

I have a "say" however our involvement has diminished greatly as the game is out of our hands.

My understanding is that end of March is the target, that has not changed.

If thats the case anyone bitching at you for release concerns or issues is really barking up the wrong tree. I may have been guilty of this myself- apologies. Having just read some of the reviews on the IVG page this game is sounding more and more like one of the best sporting games produced in this country. Just hope all goes well in AUS for that late march console release.

Well I played it in 2013.... MattW did too... haven't you?

If thats the case anyone bitching at you for release concerns or issues is really barking up the wrong tree. I may have been guilty of this myself- apologies. Having just read some of the reviews on the IVG page this game is sounding more and more like one of the best sporting games produced in this country. Just hope all goes well in AUS for that late march console release.

I'm a part of the team, if things go wrong then I need to be prepared to cop it.

Are the "reviews" you speak of just on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread