Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy: Ashes 2013 :spy

I would think that Ashes 2013 was full of MF's... and that's not what you're thinking, it's not Mike Fegans it's "Must Fixes" (effectively 24 pointers).

----------

So Ashes was so bad it got 24 points? Sheesh.

Don't really want to go over the old ground but I think you'll find that they said they were happy with their submission... I call bullshit on the idea that they ever submitted that dog to a console manufacturer, you'd never live it down or be able to look your account managers in the eye ever again.

Expected price of INR 3499 is very high...But lets hope that's just expected price and the final price comes to about INR 2799-2999...Which is the usual rate....I have suggesting this game to everyone I meet [Gamers] that a really great game is coming up which is totally different and deserves appreciation all around the world...:)

So Trublu are kind off trying to control the press here. First they didnt allow any recording yesterday and now they have instructed Sam to hold off his preview till UK retailers have had a chance to look at the game. They sound more and more like corporate mongrels that EA is.
On a serious note, i think they want UK publishers to have a unbiased opinion of the game. Even though Sam had all the positives about the game, still Tublu is taking a safe path. @BigAntStudios , Any idea when are UK publishers getting a chance to see the game?

So Trublu are kind off trying to control the press here. First they didnt allow any recording yesterday and now they have instructed Sam to hold off his preview till UK retailers have had a chance to look at the game. They sound more and more like corporate mongrels that EA is.

Yes they are controlling it, but not for nefarious reasons: It's normal to make sure that there's a level playing field for all press reports...
So, say, you do two weeks of global showcases and ask people not to write about it until the end of those two weeks so everyone has had a chance to see it/write about it.

There's also still print publications to think of: you set an online embargo so that print can also feature it simultaneously: if everyone has already read about it online then there's not much appeal for them to write about it.

This also allows you to give any one outlet an "exclusive" window (usually no more than a day or two).
Very much normal practice.

Yes they are controlling it, but not for nefarious reasons: It's normal to make sure that there's a level playing field for all press reports...
So, say, you do two weeks of global showcases and ask people not to write about it until the end of those two weeks so everyone has had a chance to see it/write about it.

There's also still print publications to think of: you set an online embargo so that print can also feature it simultaneously: if everyone has already read about it online then there's not much appeal for them to write about it.

This also allows you to give any one outlet an "exclusive" window (usually no more than a day or two).
Very much normal practice.

We people only buy games but this forum has taught many things and the work that goes behind every game to make it a success....Thanks to all and Planet Cricket...:thumbs:cheers

On a serious note, i think they want UK publishers to have a unbiased opinion of the game. Even though Sam had all the positives about the game, still Tublu is taking a safe path. @BigAntStudios , Any idea when are UK publishers getting a chance to see the game?

I am sure they have plan of there own and they dont want others to spoil it. I guess they will have there own marketing strategy and proper media release to showcase this all that's why.

I am sure they have plan of there own and they dont want others to spoil it. I guess they will have there own marketing strategy and proper media release to showcase this all that's why.

Aye: I should that the OTHER important reason you might want to control when people write about it is so that you can coordinate all of them doing it at the same time: much better all round for eyeballs to have loads of coverage in one big lot, rather than dribs and drabs everywhere.

I suspect they are waiting for submission results, then will announce an official release date (which would probably be 3 or 4 weeks on) at which point all the press previews will start to appear. Momentum is ever so important.

That is exactly what i deduced. Sometimes a previewers slams a game for absolutely no reason and if someone else read that preview before playing the game then he already has a negative impression in the mind. Thus asking all previews to be put on hold prevents that.

That is exactly what i deduced. Sometimes a previewers slams a game for absolutely no reason and if someone else read that preview before playing the game then he already has a negative impression in the mind. Thus asking all previews to be put on hold prevents that.

I don't think that's the issue here.

Very rarely (I can't think of one) does a preview slam a game. Even a cricket one. Reviews are a different kettle of fish, but they only come out at launch, so everyone does those at the same time anyway.

This control is about ensuring everyone has the chance to write a preview at around the same time. Nothing to do with the content of it.

Reading Sam's comments on IVG is whetting my appetite even further for this game. It seriously sounds outstanding.

Am really hoping the submission and distribution issues are resolved for the targeted release because i'm very keen to get my hands on this!

Hopefully they do a better job of exclusivity than the trailer with IGN - which they not only posted well after the embargo time, but still have not posted the interview that supposedly happened at the same time.

Hopefully they do a better job of exclusivity than the trailer with IGN - which they not only posted well after the embargo time, but still have not posted the interview that supposedly happened at the same time.

I have no idea what happened with IGN - exclusive video and interview... they just didn't use it.

Welcome to Cricket games and the top tier games press. Most of the time they just don't want to know... :noway

The weirdness is that they chased us and spent ours at the publishers offices in Sydney capturing video and they set out a very lengthy Q&A... but yes, Cricket is not on the radar with many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread