Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all retailers outside Australia might get the "official" listing at the same date and time?
South African and New Zealand retailers have been listing it for a while now and taking pre-orders, the UK therefore gets to be unique among the major markets - hence the concern.

South African and New Zealand retailers have been listing it for a while now and taking pre-orders, the UK therefore gets to be unique among the major markets - hence the concern.

Hence my using the word "official", that and New Zealand and Australia share the same retailers.

There really aren't enough markets to talk of being unique.

Maybe all retailers outside Australia might get the "official" listing at the same date and time?

----------

I have an Amazon account, maybe I should list it*

*and have Tru Blu want to kill me!

I thought you did not fear anything Ross.:p

----------

Hence my using the word "official", that and New Zealand and Australia share the same retailers.

There really aren't enough markets to talk of being unique.

Ross being Soccer season in the Uk maybe Tru Blu don't want to waste to much money till very near the release when ever that happens.:spy

----------

Between my bat, Blockers hat and Matt's unlockable created-player groin ajuster, PC.net has made the important additions to this title...

Don't forget Nets in the game Biggs, who idea was that.;)

Between my bat, Blockers hat and Matt's unlockable created-player groin ajuster, PC.net has made the important additions to this title...

Yes, too true, I've clearly been able to separate the wheat from the chaff and include only the most important.

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to that groin-adjuster. Definitely the most anticipated feature of the game

I don't think we should read too much into the fact that Amazon don't have the game listed... after all, the still have this listed.

i look at it the other way, tbh. if they don't mind listing a product that's never coming, why aren't they listing a product that is. and why is no other retailer listing it through their market?

however, as Ross' previous post indicates there may be a valid reason for that, so I can accept that. For now.

----------

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to that groin-adjuster. Definitely the most anticipated feature of the game

you only get it if your career player beats Bradman's average on Legend...

^ Or when playing The Legend Mode

you only get it if your career player beats Bradman's average on Legend...
I just assumed the umpire would come over to you if your test average was on track to be more than 99.93 and tell you that it would be best to retire hurt.

the thing about it not being on amazon that i find odd is not only does it mean amazon the retailer isn't listing for whatever reason, but even no retailer who uses amazon as a market isn't listing. and i genuinely find that baffling.

i look at it the other way, tbh. if they don't mind listing a product that's never coming, why aren't they listing a product that is. and why is no other retailer listing it through their market?

Could it be, just maybe, until they did their road show the other week, they did not have a UK distributor lined up (due to Ashes 13)? Unless that road trip was purely for preview by gaming media, etc, however coincided with the road show in India (and probably the same with South Africa) that was definitely aimed at distributors. You keep talking about 'Why has a retailer not put it up on Amazon'.. assuming there was someone who was promised the game on release who could put it up.. and that since they have been set up, they had been expressly informed not to announce release information until the marketing start date.

The only reason why Aus/NZ have had pre-orders available for months was due to the fact that Aus and NZ was the initial release countries back in July/November/Boxing Day.. but we kept getting pushed back to satisfy the rest of the world (don't hate me for thinking that way).

Could it be, just maybe, until they did their road show the other week, they did not have a UK distributor lined up (due to Ashes 13)? Unless that road trip was purely for preview by gaming media, etc, however coincided with the road show in India (and probably the same with South Africa) that was definitely aimed at distributors. You keep talking about 'Why has a retailer not put it up on Amazon'.. assuming there was someone who was promised the game on release who could put it up.. and that since they have been set up, they had been expressly informed not to announce release information until the marketing start date.

The only reason why Aus/NZ have had pre-orders available for months was due to the fact that Aus and NZ was the initial release countries back in July/November/Boxing Day.. but we kept getting pushed back to satisfy the rest of the world (don't hate me for thinking that way).

i keep talking about that, because they were going to release last year, so one would assume they already had at least somebody on board.

keep talking about that, because they were going to release last year, so one would assume they already had at least somebody on board.
I study for my engg exams the day before the exam, if the exam gets postponed to im still going to study it the day before.

like wise these guys seems to do everything in one month, even though the release got delayed they are still going to do it only in the month of release.

i keep talking about that, because they were going to release last year, so one would assume they already had at least somebody on board.

Did they definitely say they had someone lined up to release it in the UK? Was the UK markets guaranteed to get the game on the previously hopeful release dates? I honestly cannot remember, hence my statement.

Did they definitely say they had someone lined up to release it in the UK? Was the UK markets guaranteed to get the game on the previously hopeful release dates? I honestly cannot remember, hence my statement.

i am fairly sure they didn't say they had anyone lined up, but it was implied that UK was part of their last year's release plans. though honestly i can't remember exactly either*, i think Ross kept fairly shtum about the UK release last year, although I do semi-recall him pushing back quite strongly on my assertion that Dec 26 didn't make sense for the UK.

*this is why we have @ChinamanSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread