Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit where its due; Blocker gets that Amazon nugget into every discussion... It's a hard to argue point, really. Amazon list anything with even the faintest whiff of a release date... That's how you do it, kids.

He single handedly got a hat added to the game.

If only I had enough will power to keep asking for the ability to give bowlers sweatbands (in the form of already existing arm guards)

Is that reasonable given the evidence of previous Tru Blu releases being announced with a range of five to two weeks?

the flaming poop thing? well i'm not sure it'd ever be entirely unreasonable. (i've been watching a lot of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on netflix, is my excuse.)

so you're suggesting i'd have to wait until 17th of March before resorting to the poop thing. that's gonna be a struggle.

if you meant the concern about the lack of UK visibility isn't reasonable, i am literally the opposite of a retail expert (i'm great at buying, not selling) but I would have thought stores have a certain lead-time between making the wholesale order and it being on sale and i would think we're at that window now... so I think it is reasonable to be concerned that the game is invisible at all of the major UK retailers.

full disclosure: and this is not to "make shit up" or provoke an argument, but the lack of visibility doesn't make me overly confident of seeing the game in March in the UK. I hope to be eating my words in a few short weeks.

----------

Credit where its due; Blocker gets that Amazon nugget into every discussion... It's a hard to argue point, really. Amazon list anything with even the faintest whiff of a release date... That's how you do it, kids.

it's a form of tourettes...

Between my bat, Blockers hat and Matt's unlockable created-player groin ajuster, PC.net has made the important additions to this title...

Yeah, being on one crap website that no one has heard about in the UK less than a month before release is a little strange with Amazon adding pretty much anything that is hinted at, including pretty much every other TruBlu game... "Being on Amazon" is completely different to having a PR campaign, because there is no harm being there with no release date for a few months if you're not campaigning...

Still 4 weeks to go in end of March so I am not that worried. I must say it is a bit strange approach to marketing by not doing any.

the thing about it not being on amazon that i find odd is not only does it mean amazon the retailer isn't listing for whatever reason, but even no retailer who uses amazon as a market isn't listing. and i genuinely find that baffling.

it's bonus discussion time here in a week or two so maybe i will make Ross a wholesale offer and set up an amazon retailer account ;)

the flaming poop thing? well i'm not sure it'd ever be entirely unreasonable. (i've been watching a lot of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on netflix, is my excuse.)

so you're suggesting i'd have to wait until 17th of March before resorting to the poop thing. that's gonna be a struggle.

if you meant the concern about the lack of UK visibility isn't unreasonable, i am literally the opposite of a retail expert (i'm great at buying, not selling) but I would have thought stores have a certain lead-time between making the wholesale order and it being on sale and i would think we're at that window now... so I think it is reasonable to be concerned that the game is invisible at all of the major UK retailers.

full disclosure: and this is not to "make shit up" or provoke an argument, but the lack of visibility doesn't make me overly confident of seeing the game in March in the UK. I hope to be eating my words in a few short weeks.

It is reasonable to argue what is best for the game.

It is not reasonable to argue that the lack of visibility is out of the ordinary for Tru Blu/HES releases.

On the "retail expert front", smaller titles need to pay for all exposure at retail and often will not be listed at all until that is sorted out.

if you meant the concern about the lack of UK visibility isn't reasonable, i am literally the opposite of a retail expert (i'm great at buying, not selling) but I would have thought stores have a certain lead-time between making the wholesale order and it being on sale and i would think we're at that window now... so I think it is reasonable to be concerned that the game is invisible at all of the major UK retailers.
Rugby League Live 2 World Cup Edition slipping a week in the UK compared to the Australian release (which itself slipped a week) would give a relevant justification for thinking that way.

If only we could find out when it was listed on Amazon.

I think the problem, as Big Ant have pointed out, is the 'false' grey area that we perceive to exist, when in fact it doesn't. BigAnt handed the baton over to TruBlu, who have carried on running the race, but have yet to cross the finish line.

The majority on here (myself included), however, because of the fact nothing is really happening, view it as if Ross dropped the baton short, turned round, walked off and Tru Blu are running towards it and will soon be picking it up and then continuing the race.

Fear of the unknown. Even if it's just a cricket game.

It is not reasonable to argue that the lack of visibility is out of the ordinary for Tru Blu/HES releases.

On the "retail expert front", smaller titles need to pay for all exposure at retail and often will not be listed at all until that is sorted out.

OK, point accepted. Until the 17th (evil laugh)

That must be a right ball-ache when any Tom, Dick or Harry can list a new product on Amazon for the princely sum of a UPC, i.e a quid.

Maybe all retailers outside Australia might get the "official" listing at the same date and time?

----------

I have an Amazon account, maybe I should list it*

*and have Tru Blu want to kill me!

Maybe all retailers outside Australia might get the "official" listing at the same date and time?

----------

I have an Amazon account, maybe I should list it*

*and have Tru Blu want to kill me!

Not if i get there first. Should be live in about 20 mins...

Is that reasonable given the evidence of previous Tru Blu releases being announced with a range of five to two weeks?

Well, probably not, but when are people ever reasonable? Especially on PC where making shit up is our specialty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread