Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what we know or don't know about release dates, EB probably shouldn't be telling customers that the game won't be out this month. That's like reverse marketing - putting off the people who might have considered buying it.

I can't control them any more than Amazon saying Ashes 2013 is still on the way.... so many retailers, so many staff.....

In which case why are they saying it won't be March. I don't know how official the announcement on here was and it may be that until they get an "official" release date they're just going to say not yet.
I think it's poor though; EB staff shouldn't be saying it's not going to come out this month if it is.

I also think EB games staff know nothing about anything other than huge games, talking cricket games is not easy as many of them are not cricket fans or just don't care. There customer service can be below par sometimes, the reason why I buy most of my games from JB not them. I only preordered the game from them to get the bonus steelbox.

I can't control them any more than Amazon saying Ashes 2013 is still on the way.... so many retailers, so many staff.....

Other than EB in Melbourne what do you think of the rest of aus ross ?

PS God warner is a run machine these days.:D

Yes but it's a consequence of the very short lead-out strategy. Tru Blu could still have run a short campaign but holding back the official release date seems counter-productive to me.

Yes but it's a consequence of the very short lead-out strategy. Tru Blu could still have run a short campaign but holding back the official release date seems counter-productive to me.

Which throws up the question, "has the exact release date been decided upon yet?".

My feeling on this is that late March is a purely unofficial date put on here to shut people up and that until the campaign starts we won't get an official date.
Has it been decided on? Probably. I think people have already listed the potential dates that tie in with regular Aussie releases. I just think that although this very short campaign marketing strategy may work for Tru Blu it has to be questioned if it results in retailers providing inaccurate information.

Which throws up the question, "has the exact release date been decided upon yet?".

Only one way to find out...to the Tru Blu mobile.
Trublu.jpg

Aus seem to be ok as far as I can see*

*unless you're Israr :p

----------

People have short attention spans, we'll be fine.

I still think the release date is up the air - either 20th or 27th*. Given it could be as little as two weeks between the announcement and the release date the former is still possible. It's easy to jump to the conclusion that because we're hearing nothing there are still dealings to be done (and therefore a delay could happen) but the possibility of a two week window certainly instills much confidence.

*No citation, just the hope that we will be pleasantly surprised by a 20th March release.

Last edited:
I am willing to put my first born child on the date being the 27th. (Don't worry, the first born is the one I dropped)

I just think that although this very short campaign marketing strategy may work for Tru Blu it has to be questioned if it results in retailers providing inaccurate information.
And if it does work - it has so far worked in the context of a very different type of game - a licensed sports game. Selling AFL Live in the middle of the AFL season quite obviously doesn't need as big of an advertising campaign lead time - and a few ads on Friday Night Footy gets you the bulk of the target audience in a short space of time.

I would have thought even if the marketing campaign itself was short, that's still not an argument for the release date not being known until the last few weeks - what good does uncertainty do? Trying to make people impulse buy a $90 game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread