Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it does work - it has so far worked in the context of a very different type of game - a licensed sports game. Selling AFL Live in the middle of the AFL season quite obviously doesn't need as big of an advertising campaign lead time - and a few ads on Friday Night Footy gets you the bulk of the target audience in a short space of time.

I would have thought even if the marketing campaign itself was short, that's still not an argument for the release date not being known until the last few weeks - what good does uncertainty do? Trying to make people impulse buy a $90 game?

If it wasn't for the fact that this forum would combust and we'd have to ban most of our members I would recommend that the game be released in November/December 2014...

I am willing to put my first born child on the date being the 27th. (Don't worry, the first born is the one I dropped)

I am going to take a week of work just to play this game, going to be epic but I will not do my annual leave till I know the day of release. Waiting.:spy

PS My wife thinks i'm crazy and maybe she is right, god she married me guys.

Have to say 79c I am with you. I could so go for some time off at the moment, but I'm holding out for a release on DBC14. My missus gets it thankfully... She did the same with Skyrim. Haha

If it wasn't for the fact that this forum would combust and we'd have to ban most of our members I would recommend that the game be released in November/December 2014...
Early September would be the obvious date.

I think @Ross has mentioned that with the benefit of hindsight he'd have released in October - but I certainly don't think it's worth waiting for it to come around the second time.

If you were going to wait as late as you suggest, you'd have the risk of there being an officially licensed competitor being released for the proper World Cup in very late 2014 or early 2015, which would overshadow even further an unlicensed game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread