Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly. They've been desperate to get Matt in to try it again...

----------

I think we gave them a free pass on that but yeah the implication was certainly before the end of October. That assumed a June release for Ashes.

I think we all wanted Matt to see the game again but if the game is out by the end of march maybe that's to late now or it's the memories of Veg curry or Biggs Cakes.

Bigant know how much we all care for this game and will wait as long as needed, sure we will have are bad days as it's been a lord of the rings journey that's for sure.

late March makes reasonable sense in the context of the WT20... the "best" date would certainly have been late october/early november last year but that boat sailed.

as i posted yesterday, i feel if March wasn't hit the Aussie summer makes more sense than any date in between, but Ross was fairly emphatic that isn't going to happen.

regarding telling us the exact date, regarding the short attention spans etc. i can understand why they don't make that official.

not telling the retailers i find baffling, and i can't believe it makes selling the game to them any easier. if someone comes to you and says "will you sell our game", your first question is gonna be "ok, when is it out?" if they respond with "we're not telling you" i can imagine the rest of the conversation being fairly awkward.

what's the worst that happens, they tell the retailers e.g. "27 March but please don't go public yet"... 9 out of 10 retailers abide by their request not to go public, one tells people. STFW?

or they don't tell the retailers, and you get people at the chain that held their premiere and has the steelbook exclusive telling potential customers "it's not coming out this month, spend your money on something else"...

the release date thing has almost become a sort of big willy contest, where they seem scared of losing face if they announce it "early". short marketing campaign - yeah, fully behind that. release date as state secret - weird.

I think you need to also consider that we have to spend with retailers to go into the catalogues etc. We think this will be a game that sells slow and steady after word of mouth. It requires a different campaign.

If we got a free pass then the other guys got out of jail!! :yes

I do wonder what the Trickstar boys are doing right now Ross, do you hear anything from them as you are so close to them or just leave it be and let's try to move on ?

I do wonder what the Trickstar boys are doing right now Ross, do you hear anything from them as you are so close to them or just leave it be and let's try to move on ?

They're still around :spy

I think you need to also consider that we have to spend with retailers to go into the catalogues etc. We think this will be a game that sells slow and steady after word of mouth. It requires a different campaign.

this is true, and not something i was particularly aware of before you mentioned it previously. but surely just telling them a "it releases on x of y" doesn't cost a cent, and you avoid the misleading info coming out of retailers?

but it still doesn't stop the "official" campaign being short, sharp etc.

----------

They're still around :spy

guy on my train looks a bit like Fegan... I've been considering trying to sneak a pic of him and creating some sort of "wanted" poster

We're getting awfully close to the end of the catalogue lead times for a March release aren't we?

Will we be finding out the release date in an early copy of a Big W catalogue?

If we got a free pass then the other guys got out of jail!! :yes

... and continue to do so.

I don't agree with that. They were slammed widely for releasing a shoddy untested piece of rubbish and were forced to withdraw it from sale. They ruined their reputation and damaged the reputation of 505 games. Everyone involved in the project has been vilified and will certainly not be adding it to their CV.
I really don't see how that's "getting out of jail".

Just think Avatar just not the marketing budget, slow start and keep selling plus a pick up around cricket season in Uk and Aus.:cheers

Interesting comment. Don't see how slow and steady fits with a two week campaign though. Slow and steady is announcing the release date as early as possible.

this is true, and not something i was particularly aware of before you mentioned it previously. but surely just telling them a "it releases on x of y" doesn't cost a cent, and you avoid the misleading info coming out of retailers?

but it still doesn't stop the "official" campaign being short, sharp etc.

----------

guy on my train looks a bit like Fegan... I've been considering trying to sneak a pic of him and creating some sort of "wanted" poster

He was walking across Southbank the other day so he's not been deported yet :p

Tru Blu are conservative, they will only let the date out when they are 100% of every territory having stock, they have never dealt with some of these territories before so it's not a surprise to that we are yet to see a specific date.

----------

Interesting comment. Don't see how slow and steady fits with a two week campaign though. Slow and steady is announcing the release date as early as possible.

"Word of mouth" after playing the game.

We had this with AFL Live, people thought all AFL games sucked previously so we had to have a short campaign before launch and a long one after to allow the market to understand the difference in quality.

I don't agree with that. They were slammed widely for releasing a shoddy untested piece of rubbish and were forced to withdraw it from sale. They ruiend their reputation and damaged the reputation of 505 games. Everyone involved in the project has been vilified and will certainly not be adding it to their CV.

I hope you don't feel sorry for most of them Barmy, they have eyes and ears like the rest of us. You can tell the difference between a turd and and gold nugget like the rest of us. Ashes 2013 should have never been released, it's there fault. I still do wonder what they are doing now, if Trickstar are no more or they work for KFC or something.

I don't agree with that. They were slammed widely for releasing a shoddy untested piece of rubbish and were forced to withdraw it from sale. They ruiend their reputation and damaged the reputation of 505 games. Everyone involved in the project has been vilified and will certainly not be adding it to their CV.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Haven't seen any of their representatives come on here and apologise for the blatant deception so I believe they got out of jail.

That, and as far as I know they are still blaming everyone else and are still trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread