Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say 79c I am with you. I could so go for some time off at the moment, but I'm holding out for a release on DBC14. My missus gets it thankfully... She did the same with Skyrim. Haha

Like I said to my wife, this game is that important to me. It's like getting a new pet or console or dare I say it a Baby. I hope Bigant/Tru Blu don't wait to long. :spy

----------

Not safely no.
It's a half serious point. The original release date made sense. Late March with a two week campaign does not.

I agree with you Barmy, end of the year makes the post sense or early next year. Still as Ross has said I do think this game will sell well anytime but how well who knows.:spy

----------

if anybody knows then plz answer my question...

Please read the thread dude, you need to PM Ross to get the answer or ask 10 more times in different threads.:p

I think it's amusing that Ross is experiencing a Chief in being somewhat constricted in what he can say about decisions taken by others... ;)

The original release date made sense. Late March with a two week campaign does not.
Ya its no ashes fever, but this is the best time frame in this quarter with WCT20 and also sitting on top of a finished product for long is not a good thing.while there is no competition as of now you never know, those licensed games often get cooked up in 6 months.*

* just making stuff to get my hands on game:p.

Last edited:
I think the beauty about the game is that it won't go out of date quickly. Release in March, just in time for the World T20, also close to the start to the English cricket season.

But the game will still be relevant later in the year. Maybe with a renewed marketing push or even a special World Cup update (fingers crossed).

Especially with the Academy, it doesn't go out of date with rosters or anything like that and BA have a history of supporting their games with patches. I feel confident that a March release can work just as well even though it isn't in cricket season, but it will be again and we aren't exactly spoiled for choice with cricket games are we?

I'm not sure my PC is going to be able to run it. It's suddenly decided that it needs to use all of its memory and cpu for fairly simple tasks...

As Ross has said he just wants to get the game out at this point. Ergo they're going to take a hit on sales.

Every week that goes past is costing him and his company money so yeah it makes sense to just try to get as much back from what the game has cost them.

----------

Also Barmy Bigant want to see what people think of the game, it's there baby and they want to see it walk.

I think @Ross has mentioned that with the benefit of hindsight he'd have released in October - but I certainly don't think it's worth waiting for it to come around the second time.
This is the bit I don't understand. When I first arrived on this forum everyone was going mad over the "XX/0X/13" or "before October" date (I have no idea what the original post was). Now it seems that the plan was to release in October all along.

Was the "before October" thing out of context/made up?

Also Barmy Bigant want to see what people think of the game, it's there baby and they want to see it walk.

Clearly. They've been desperate to get Matt in to try it again...

----------

This is the bit I don't understand. When I first arrived on this forum everyone was going mad over the "XX/0X/13" or "before October" date (I have no idea what the original post was). Now it seems that the plan was to release in October all along.

Was the "before October" thing out of context/made up?

I think we gave them a free pass on that but yeah the implication was certainly before the end of October. That assumed a June release for Ashes.

I think it's amusing that Ross is experiencing a Chief in being somewhat constricted in what he can say about decisions taken by others... ;)

I don't feel too restricted, indeed I'm pretty content with the situation really. I'm just not going to make stuff up for the sake of it, I've given the release window and given it hasn't changed there isn't anything for me to say.

In any case I've said a lot over the time, especially about the game itself, I will deliver what we have promised, no BS and no front page news for us ;)

late March makes reasonable sense in the context of the WT20... the "best" date would certainly have been late october/early november last year but that boat sailed.

as i posted yesterday, i feel if March wasn't hit the Aussie summer makes more sense than any date in between, but Ross was fairly emphatic that isn't going to happen.

regarding telling us the exact date, regarding the short attention spans etc. i can understand why they don't make that official.

not telling the retailers i find baffling, and i can't believe it makes selling the game to them any easier. if someone comes to you and says "will you sell our game", your first question is gonna be "ok, when is it out?" if they respond with "we're not telling you" i can imagine the rest of the conversation being fairly awkward.

what's the worst that happens, they tell the retailers e.g. "27 March but please don't go public yet"... 9 out of 10 retailers abide by their request not to go public, one tells people. STFW?

or they don't tell the retailers, and you get people at the chain that held their premiere and has the steelbook exclusive telling potential customers "it's not coming out this month, spend your money on something else"...

the release date thing has almost become a sort of big willy contest, where they seem scared of losing face if they announce it "early". short marketing campaign - yeah, fully behind that. release date as state secret - weird.

I think we gave them a free pass on that but yeah the implication was certainly before the end of October. That assumed a June release for Ashes.

If we got a free pass then the other guys got out of jail!! :yes

... and continue to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread