Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don't feel sorry for most of them Barmy, they have eyes and ears like the rest of us. You can tell the difference between a turd and and gold nugget like the rest of us. Ashes 2013 should have never been released, it's there fault. I still do wonder what they are doing now, if Trickstar are no more or they work for KFC or something.

I would certainly feel sorry for anyone who was just doing their job and lost it as a a result of the debacle.

The T20 in SA is going well :yes

That cash they received to build a cricket game must have made for an awesome Christmas party.

They clearly didn't spend it on a game.

Plus that cash they received from the government to build a game :spy

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Haven't seen any of their representatives come on here and apologise for the blatant deception so I believe they got out of jail.

That, and as far as I know they are still blaming everyone else and are still trading.

You can still sent to jail whilst proclaiming your innocence. They are still trading which does surprise me but as I said above I wouldn't wish their staff to all lose their jobs anyway.

I would certainly feel sorry for anyone who was just doing their job and lost it as a a result of the debacle.

I've said many a time that I feel for those on the floor.

I do not feel for anyone that was a part of the marketing campaign and deception that was the trademark of Ashes 2013 from start to finish.

That cash they received to build a cricket game must have made for an awesome Christmas party.

They clearly didn't spend it on a game.

Plus that cash they received from the government to build a game :spy

It went on a very good family holiday.

Staff, not so much...

Well I dont want to see people losing their jobs but there were obvious a lot of people on the floor who were also incapable of making a decent game or draw or animate or understand basic cricketing principles let alone business and moral ones.......I would certainly have lost my job if I had made such a mess of my current work.

I hope you don't feel sorry for most of them Barmy, they have eyes and ears like the rest of us. You can tell the difference between a turd and and gold nugget like the rest of us. Ashes 2013 should have never been released, it's there fault. I still do wonder what they are doing now, if Trickstar are no more or they work for KFC or something.
I thank them for one thing - it was so bad that it was visibly and memetically bad.

If the game was exactly the same in terms of missing features, terrible AI, buggy scoring, ugly graphics, terrible performance, etc. but didn't have things like fielders spinning around randomly and never ending running - it might well have slipped past with the 'we will patch it soon' that plagues bad Steam games.

If it had a few months more polish, it would have strayed into only being terrible to people who understand cricket - gotten the 6/10 reviews that all cricket games get and survive.

I'm glad it was so awful that it could never have been defended.

"Got out of jail" would have been releasing AC13 and it not being withdrawn from sale.

"Got out of Jail" was being paid for the development regardless of release/withdrawal.

That's why I said most of them Barmy as I agree there but the people who released the game get nothing from me. After playing the Nets for 2 minutes I could see a huge difference.

PS Ross used to say they had a better product a lot and as I said once before they never had a game just a good licence. Anyway back to DBC14, I hope the Aussie team gets there stats upped as they are playing good cricket of late.

I have to say Ross that I really admire your ability to shift the topic to AC13 whenever the questions are getting a little too searching :spy

:D

I think you'll find that you actually did that with your mention of Chief - nothing to do with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread