Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10k sales is not huge, if it's huge it's because of piracy, and that is why the market is insignificant.

I didn't say it was huge. I also didn't say it was a significantly large portion of the global market. Where are you getting this from?

Don't kill discussions on a discussion forum.

Blocker mentioned that Ross mentioned that break even is the best case scenario in India. If that is true, I wonder if what you are saying is completely true. On the face of it, you're right, the high price indicates that they are targeting The enthusiasts. However, no one would enter a market just to break even if that is the ultimate goal - it is profitability either today or tomorrow. So, I think DBC is looking at India from a long tier perspective based on the results of this outing. It will be very interesting to see how big it becomes, and I wish them luck.

I disagree with that mate. In business you have to look at long term goal. Even if you start your own business as an entrepreneur. Your first and foremost target would be break even. Then you think about earning profits. BA are doing the same. They want to breakeven first, establish a name in the market and then earn profit from the subsequent versions. With the kind of robust engine they have, I wont be surprised if after the success of DBC 14, they would go on to release a DBC World Cup edition next year.
I really hope that they somehow manage to block the pirated copies access to CA servers. That should deter piracy to some extent.

I think @arjwiz is making some very good points. I suspect that Big Ant are expecting their reach in India to be high once the game can be pirated on PC. In the interim they may as well not lose money on sales they do make.
Volume of sales is important but for building a franchise word of mouth and pirated versions will also do that. I don't think the high price will have a significant effect on piracy (and the staggered release helps that).
I think someone said that the Indian pricepoint is about 40% of monthly wages. Perhaps someone could confirm that but if DBC was priced at ?800 in the UK market I would be complaining as well.

I agree on the "value" of piracy, for the lack of a better word. (People on this forum - I'm waiting for you to misinterpret this into thinking I a condoning piracy).

Prices are all relative, as a few have said. It may be half a person's wages (which seems utterly mental!), but what are the prices of everyday life things?

Pink of milk?
Loaf of bread?
A chicken breast?
A piece of fish?
Rent?
Bills?
Taxes?

Genuine questions.

I disagree with that mate. In business you have to look at long term goal. Even if you start your own business as an entrepreneur. Your first and foremost target would be break even. Then you think about earning profits. BA are doing the same. They want to breakeven first, establish a name in the market and then earn profit from the subsequent versions. With the kind of robust engine they have, I wont be surprised if after the success of DBC 14, they would go on to release a DBC World Cup edition next year.
I really hope that they somehow manage to block the pirated copies access to CA servers. That should deter piracy to some extent.

That is exactly what I said. You chose to not bold the words after the ones that you did bold, thereby reading only part of a sentence as misrepresenting what I said.

I clearly mentioned FIFA sales in India. FIFA is huge in India, and BigAnt expects DBC to surpass that in terms of units

I didn't say it was huge. I also didn't say it was a significantly large portion of the global market. Where are you getting this from?

Thank you for confirming that there is no point in having a conversation with you.

A middle class family will live on 7000 to 9000rs approx in India.
in the nineties, now your house rent alone will be around
there
And what is the expected price again?
im going to bear getting flamed here and put an outrageous price of 300 rs (6$)
but if done properly you can sell in millions.
Anything higher piracy, price issues , parents all come into play and you will get into the enthusiast level./
The cost of burning the CD is I suspect a vanishingly small percentage of the cost of sales... I guess you meant the whole production cost, but you didn't word it well at all.
ya what ever costs to get it here, just excluding the dev cost as its being covered by other markets in this context.why not try to exploit it by selling more numbers at reduced cost and gain more than sell very less at a high price.
Don't kill discussions on a discussion forum.

Blocker mentioned that Ross mentioned that break even is the best case scenario in India. If that is true, I wonder if what you are saying is completely true. On the face of it, you're right, the high price indicates that they are targeting The enthusiasts. However, no one would enter a market just to break even if that is the ultimate goal - it is profitability either today or tomorrow.
Im the thread killer, from hereon you shall refer as such.

you are missing the strategy here, they are trying to make profit per copy sold rather mass sales strategy in which case price has to be low and sales has to be very high #repeating myself

Prices are all relative, as a few have said. It may be half a person's wages (which seems utterly mental!), but what are the prices of everyday life things?

litre of milk? 0.28
Loaf of bread? 0.33
A chicken breast?
A piece of fish?
Rent?150$
Bills? 90
Taxes? *

Genuine questions.
im a veggie

Last edited:

1 litre of milk? $0.26
Loaf of bread? $ 0.46
A chicken breast? no idea:p. Order mostly from KFC. 2 pieces of chicken wings cost $1.62
A piece of fish?
Rent? Studio apartment: $81.74, 1BHK: $147
Bills? Electricity : $10
Taxes?

Genuine questions.

There you go. Prices may be 5 to 10% lower in other parts. Those prices are for Bangalore.

----------

Even though price is outrageous, I'm not sure how much a cheaper price would have made a difference. Few years back when GTA IV was launch for pc. They used regional pricing thus in india it was priced at 460 INR. I was at a cyber cafe and there i saw some teenagers buying the pirated copies for 500 to 600 bucks. :facepalm

Anything higher piracy, price issues , parents all come into play and you will get into the enthusiast level./
Are you joking? First of all that didn't answer Barmy's question, and second it is an outrageously low price. The cost of producing and selling each disc would probably be way more than that.

Yep: you'll sell millions: everyone in the rest of the world can then import it for $6 plus shipping and you'll lose about $6 per copy, rather than make any of your money back at all.

Bills $10 a month?!
Rent $90 a month?!

Or is that a week?

Yup that is monthly mate for a studio apartment. Electricity is low because its just me who lives there. Although my brother lives in a 2BHK and his electricity comes around 20 to 25 dollars. His rent is $204
So is it cheaper according to your expectations or expensive :spy

@gkrama,
Surely you can't expect the game to be priced at $6! I can understand if you float a number in the ballpak of $20-$25 but $6 per copy wouldn't even cover the cost of development even if you sell a million copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread