Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you joking? First of all that didn't answer Barmy's question, and second it is an outrageously low price. The cost of producing and selling each disc would probably be way more than that.
if you are targeting the casual market here yes.Im talking about what will sell here not what is reasonable first point.But with the right trend you can sell in millions.
Yep: you'll sell millions: everyone in the rest of the world can then import it for $6 plus shipping and you'll lose about $6 per copy, rather than make any of your money back at all.
look cricket is the only major sport here, 80% of the people here would have played cricklet at one point oftime or other.if you no how to market to even 5% of that populus you will be rich and yes if you are selling in millions here it wont matter how much you make it in other countries would it, how much are you expecting to get putting both eng and aus together, surely will it exceed say 15 mil, do it right you willl exceed that here, its all about making profits on the whole right.

But im also sure its too much of a risk / financial strain for a med size dev n pub to do

Last edited:
1. We don't burn the disks, the platform holders do
2. Platform holder charges more than what many here are proposing as the price
3. Volume discounts are in the 100,000's of units
4. There is no "special India price" from the platform holders

The public may hear about number if units sold as a measure of success, those close to it care much more about the margin.

If there is a discount then it will be the retailer that is taking the brunt of the cut. We won't be discounting.

----------

This should help you understand the difference a little better. Ther difference between cost of living is outrageous.
Cost Of Living Comparison Between India And Australia

Earn $a spend $a, once conversion is applied it is not like with like. Oil is the same price everywhere - what's up with that?? Outrageous!

If you're in Oz earning Rs then you'd have a point.

Ross, have you thought off/ implemented some way to completely block pirates from CA? It would be a shame if they could still access that stuff. Maybe put a unique online pass like WWE does, where you need to enter before you can access online features.

Online generally allows protection.

im not asking you to ross. the topic just got there, so just said my points on price reduction here.

I remember in Ashes Cricket 09 there was a lot of crowd online but once beta patch came only handful of people were there. Only the ones with legit copies. So pirates could still play online on PC that time.

Ross, have you thought off/ implemented some way to completely block pirates from CA? It would be a shame if they could still access that stuff. Maybe put a unique online pass like WWE does, where you need to enter before you can access online features.

if you pirate you you should be forced to play with @kasabian21 's Jimmy Anderson, instead of mine. i know @SpitfiresKent and @isrararrafi would approve of this measure. it would be a terrible punishment.

Lol...some peeps get so serious, I bet everyone will buy the game regardless of the costings.. I am buying it for ps3, xbox360 and PC cos I love the sport so much:)

ya we really need a homage to BA thread were our members can show of their DBC books on multiple platforms.

EDIT:NO one here was talking about not buying the game, it was just a price discussion truly subjective from each's perspective, would really help if pseudo mods let this one slip by without making a hyperbole.

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming that there is no point in having a conversation with you.

Again you have chosen to interpret it the way you want to.

Sentence 1: FIFA is huge is India. It is very popular in India compared to other games in India. The reference point here is other Indian games.

Sentence 2: 10k sales is not huge compared to other markets. The reference point here is the global market.

Consider the analogy where Ryan Ten Doeschate is huge in The Netherlands, but insignificant in the global scheme.

I really do give up if all you choose to do is find faults by misreading. You aren't even attempting to believe in the possibility of some grain of sense coming from me even when I've been trying to explain and discuss things with genuine interest and appreciation as a fan of the game.

Last edited:
I think indian fans should have been saving since sep and all of them would have surely saved enough to buy it.

Good Night guys I hope to wake up with good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread