Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the figure ross has given of legitimate sales of fifa in india is 10k. you're talking utter nonsense.

What are you talking about? I know he mentioned legitimate sales of FIFA in India as 10k, and he expects to sell more legitimate copies of DBC in India than 10k. That's what I said. What is wrong with you today?

What are you talking about? I know he mentioned legitimate sales of FIFA in India as 10k, and he expects to sell more legitimate copies of DBC in India than 10k. That's what I said. What is wrong with you today?

Think its the lack of Uk release info ... it's getting to us all :'( lol

The only thing i can say is DBC will do better than any other game in India so far regardless of the price point, but it will remain relatively much smaller compared to other markets as of now.

Please quote that post. I'm extremely interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

because you refer to the "mighty" fifa, huge in India, when it's an irrelevance. selling 10k legitimate copies, and 3m pirate copies is no good to a developer.

Big Ant may expect to "sell more than fifa" in india, but i could make a text cricket adventure to run on DOS and sell more than 10k copies in India, it's cricket... yet you seem to think them selling more than fifa is amazing.

if they sell more copies of DBC in the UK than Fifa, that'd be something to write home about.

because you refer to the "mighty" fifa, huge in India, when it's an irrelevance. selling 10k legitimate copies, and 3m pirate copies is no good to a developer.

Big Ant may expect to "sell more than fifa" in india, but i could make a text cricket adventure to run on DOS and sell more than 10k copies in India, it's cricket... yet you seem to think them selling more than fifa is amazing.

if they sell more copies of DBC in the UK than Fifa, that'd be something to write home about.

I fail to see why you are bringing UK into this repeatedly. I just said that DBC expects to sell more in India than one of the most popular games, FIFA, which is an admirable goal.

There's no point arguing with you. I just wanted to discuss their strategy in India as I was curious about it, I didn't want to get into a heated argument about FIFA and UK and piracy. I am sorry I bothered to post I this forum today. Please continue to showcase your superiority. I will follow humbly along.

Can you please quote the post where Ross thinks they will have more legitimate sales than FIFA in India?

Can you please quote the post where Ross thinks they will have more legitimate sales than FIFA in India?

I read it in this thread from someone who cite Ross.

Before you say that this does not construe an exact and accurate quote from Ross, I agree. Which is why, if you read my earlier posts, you will notice I mentioned clearly that my discussion is based on the assumptions that those statements are true.

I will try and find those posts from the other users, and maybe even from Ross, tomorrow.

Ross has never said he's expecting anything in India. Certainly not to out-sell FIFA! He's selling the game there because; Cricket. There's an order from the distributor for 10,000 copies, that's what we know. Big Ant Studios gets paid for those 10,000. If they sell, it doesn't matter to him because he's got the money for 10,000 copies already. If a miracle occurs and he sells 10,000 in the first month, then he'll get excited I imagine...

Ross has never said he's expecting anything in India. Certainly not to out-sell FIFA! He's selling the game there because; Cricket. There's an order from the distributor for 10,000 copies, that's what we know. Big Ant Studios gets paid for those 10,000. If they sell, it doesn't matter to him because he's got the money for 10,000 copies already. If a miracle occurs and he sells 10,000 in the first month, then he'll get excited I imagine...

What happens to the copies not sold? Do distributors eat that cost or the publisher and developer also share the loss?

My limited understanding is the retailers buy from distributors, whatever the retailers sell it at is up to them. If the units aren't sold, they're either discounted by the retailer to get them outta the warehouse or sent back to the distributor/publisher. I could of course, be entirely wrong. But that's my understanding from my limited knowledge.

If the game starts to sell like hot cakes, HES will need to start printing more discs and most likely, there's a scenario that once the product hits certain benchmarks Big Ant see a bigger share of the revenue, but I don't think any of us really care about that.

Success will be determined by enjoyment from the fanbase, Ross has been pretty clear about reviews and user-feedback being reasonably important to how they determine success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread