Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...some peeps get so serious, I bet everyone will buy the game regardless of the costings.. I am buying it for ps3, xbox360 and PC cos I love the sport so much:)

Same and i don't even have a ps3 ! haha Also get the next gen one too if/when they arrive

Again you have chosen to interpret it the ya you want to.

Sentence 1: FIFA is huge is India. It is very popular in India compared to other games in India.

Sentence 2: 10k sales is not huge compared to other markets.

Consider the analogy where Ryan Ten Doeschate is huge in The Netherlands, but insignificant in the global scheme.

I really do give up if all you choose to do is find faults by misreading. You aren't even attempting to believe in the possibility of some grain of sense coming from someone other than your list of popular members.

Not to enter your debate but to point out regarding "1", FIFA is indeed huge in India, yet it sells less legitimate copies in all of India than the City of Melbourne - and it's not even close.

----------

I think indian fans should have been saving since sep and all of them would have surely saved enough to buy it.

Good Night guys I hope to wake up with good news.

good point - perhaps further delay is required so as to give more time to save up :p

Pheeeuw!!! Took da whole day here for da dust to settle,,,going to sleep now, also hope to hear another good news when I wake up...

Thanx Ross and your team, all the best leading to da big day

Sentence 1: FIFA is huge is India. It is very popular in India compared to other games in India. The reference point here is other Indian games.

So pick an accurate comparison then. FIFA is produced by a AAA studio with near unlimited resources and a deep well to draw from and they're releasing the amount of discs in an entire country that would cover, say, the North Island here in NZ. There's little to ZERO risk for EA in that scenario if there game doesn't sell and therefore, it's priced below cost to simply move units and establish a demand for their product which as the economy improves in India they'll take full advantage of. Again; They have the resources to be able to do this.

In comparison, BigAnt is a boutique studio that produces niche sporting titles for a predominately Australian market-place. Their win/loss ratio in a market like India is much more damaging to them if they price the game at say, rs 500 or something because you'll get people throwing it up on ebay (or similar) for rs 1000 and posting it back to Australia, NZ, UK, South Africa and will undercut the cost-price they've established. Furthermore, they wouldn't undercut the VALUE of the product they've spent making the thing because they're paying salaries to people in Australia. Therefore, their costs are much higher than say a studio like EA that can absorb costs better due to their global reach.

If you wanted an equal-comparison in India, find a boutique studio that has released a niche title in India and tell me what price-point it was sold at. That's your best comparison. I don't know of any small studios that have done that for a sports title... Rugby sell there?

it's priced below cost to simply move units and establish a demand for their product

And yet Fifa14 was priced at Rs 3500 for PS3 in India :p (which is only abt 700 bucks lesser than DBC14)! Fifa 13 was priced at 2500 or 2700 I think. So even EA realized that the sales in India (or lack of it) is not worth reducing the price :p!! I think BigAnt is fully justified in keeping the price that they have.

On a different note, COD: Ghosts (along with the previous COD game) released in India at....guess what.... Rs. 4299, i.e. the same price as that of DBC14. Yet it sold pretty well (COD games sell well in India along with Fifa. Again Fifa14 did not sell well due to its higher price and emergence of the new gen which doubled with the fact that you couldnt upgrade the game you bought for PS3 to PS4 ensured that people did not buy enough of it). So people are willing to spend that amount for a game which they really want. I think DBC14 would sell decently in India....it just wont be in the first 3-4 months!

And yet Fifa14 was priced at Rs 3500 for PS3 in India :p (which is only abt 700 bucks lesser than DBC14)! Fifa 13 was priced at 2500 or 2700 I think. So even EA realized that the sales in India (or lack of it) is not worth reducing the price :p!! I think BigAnt is fully justified in keeping the price that they have.

On a different note, COD: Ghosts (along with the previous COD game) released in India at....guess what.... Rs. 4299, i.e. the same price as that of DBC14. Yet it sold pretty well (COD games sell well in India along with Fifa. Again Fifa14 did not sell well due to its higher price and emergence of the new gen which doubled with the fact that you couldnt upgrade the game you bought for PS3 to PS4 ensured that people did not buy enough of it). So people are willing to spend that amount for a game which they really want. I think DBC14 would sell decently in India....it just wont be in the first 3-4 months!

Yet people still comparing DBC to Established AAA titles :facepalm

Yet people still comparing DBC to Established AAA titles :facepalm

The post is not about comparison but more about the fact that:

a) Sales in India is not big enough for even big publishers to discount their game
b) People are willing to buy a game they want, irrespective of the price.

:facepalm

So pick an accurate comparison then. FIFA is produced by a AAA studio with near unlimited resources and a deep well to draw from and they're releasing the amount of discs in an entire country that would cover, say, the North Island here in NZ. There's little to ZERO risk for EA in that scenario if there game doesn't sell and therefore, it's priced below cost to simply move units and establish a demand for their product which as the economy improves in India they'll take full advantage of. Again; They have the resources to be able to do this.

In comparison, BigAnt is a boutique studio that produces niche sporting titles for a predominately Australian market-place. Their win/loss ratio in a market like India is much more damaging to them if they price the game at say, rs 500 or something because you'll get people throwing it up on ebay (or similar) for rs 1000 and posting it back to Australia, NZ, UK, South Africa and will undercut the cost-price they've established. Furthermore, they wouldn't undercut the VALUE of the product they've spent making the thing because they're paying salaries to people in Australia. Therefore, their costs are much higher than say a studio like EA that can absorb costs better due to their global reach.

If you wanted an equal-comparison in India, find a boutique studio that has released a niche title in India and tell me what price-point it was sold at. That's your best comparison. I don't know of any small studios that have done that for a sports title... Rugby sell there?

No rugby doesn't sell there. I can't think of any other examples, but that's a good way of looking at it from a pricing perspective, and it would be interesting to see if anyone can think of a comparison. Maybe there's a Japanese fighting game. What about Pro Evolution Soccer back in the day - they also had a superior product, were they not a small studio (albeit not as small as BigAnt might be)?

Just to clarify once again - my point of comparing DBC to FIFA, like I said before, was from a unit sales perspective and not a profitability perspective. I just wanted to point out that DBC has strong ambitions of being a top-selling game, even surpassing the mighty FIFA in India. It therefore seems to have goals of being a mainstream product in the Indian gaming market, even if India is not the overall focus of the company at all. As Ross and you Biggs pointed out, these sales are insignificant in the global market today.

The post is not about comparison but more about the fact that:

a) Sales in India is not big enough for even big publishers to discount their game
b) People are willing to buy a game they want, irrespective of the price.

:facepalm

Yet they have a proven record as they are sequels & are well known around the world.

And yeah i probably read your post wrong my bad just been a long day on here as everyone can see :rolleyes

You little ripper, 3rd of April, thats Unreal, Im very happy, time to ring EB and pre order my copy!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread