Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So went into my local EB Games to switch my pre-order from PC to PS3.

Guy behind the counter - 'It will be great to see a game with Don Bradman's name on it'
Me - Yep.
Guy - 'After that Ashes Cricket 13 fiasco, would be good to get a good game'
Me - Yep, this game is nothing like Ashes, in every possible way. The demo shows that.
Guy - 'There's a demo?'
Me - 'Yes, free to download, allows you to bat in the nets and create players.. 10,000+ players already created and shared'
Guy - I didn't know that. I guess if they have a demo out the game should be releasing soon'.
Me - Yes, April 3rd.

Seriously.. you'd think these people would know a little bit about the products that are being sold or even look at the screen at what he's doing to see when the release date would be on their system, not let the customer tell him. :facepalm

Once again, another classic example of why you can NEVER trust what the salesperson is talking about, always go straight to the source.

Think how many games there are, think how little they're paid. You're lucky you got more than a grunt from them

Guy behind the counter - 'It will be great to see a game with Don Bradman's name on it'
Me - Yep.
Me - Yep, this game is nothing like Ashes, in every possible way. The demo shows that.
Guy - 'There's a demo?'
Me - 'Yes, free to download, allows you to bat in the nets and create players.. 10,000+ players already created and shared'
Guy - I didn't know that. I guess if they have a demo out the game should be releasing soon'.
Me - Yes, April 3rd.

Seriously.. you'd think these people would know a little bit about the products that are being sold or even look at the screen at what he's doing to see when the release date would be on their system, not let the customer tell him. :facepalm

Once again, another classic example of why you can NEVER trust what the salesperson is talking about, always go straight to the source.

Not surprising, I doubt he even cares, he's just paid to serve people. It's not as if this is EA or anything, if I wasn't on Planet Cricket I probably wouldn't know about this game until I saw it on the shelf. That's not a dig at anyone by the way, I'm just saying a small Australian developer making a niche title isn't going to be widespread knowledge.

Think how many games there are, think how little they're paid. You're lucky you got more than a grunt from them

I dunno about you, but I always go to EB Games staff for information on anything first. Their personal hygiene is above reproach, english skills are doctorate level and I usually get them to check the prostate while I'm there because the hiring process usually requires all staff to have had a medical science based education, at minimum.

How do I buy this game in USA??

Hey guys, so I live in the United States. As great a nation it is, it's not a very great when it comes to cricket. So how do I go about buying this game in USA?

Hey guys, so I live in the United States. As great a nation it is, it's not a very great when it comes to cricket. So how do I go about buying this game in USA?

If it was so great it would have started playing cricket by now...

Me - Yep.
Guy - 'There's a demo?'
Me - Yes, April 3rd.

I went to a number of EB Stores yesterday and many had put stickers on the coming soon boxes ("3 Wides") with the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread