Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet you 30 cents that he will snap and hit a four within the first 40 overs.

I would happily pay you one dollar per run he scores in the first session (off the bat, I don't trust my bowling)

I floated the idea somehwere a while ago of having the ability to compress Tests by reducing the overs per day.

For it to work though you would need to accelerate various elements such as pitch/ball wear, stamina depletion, changes in plyer confidence etc to try and simulate the effects of the passage of time on players and conditions. So if you select 45 overs/day instead of 90 then everything would happen twice as fast; not a perfect solution but one that could work well if implemented correctly.

I know that CA lets you select how many overs in a days play but I don't think thatimpacts on other gameplay factors (unless the AI bats more agressively to try to get a result in the horter period of time).

I don't think that impacts on other gameplay factors

It does....this was confirmed by Ross a long long time back!

Some examples:

Yes. Pitch degredation plays a big part and the ball will be effected.

There is also an option to also accelerate the pitch wear for shorter games.

Yes, the AI will bat and bowl with regard to game type and game context (ie run rate required, deliveries wickets remaining, etc...) - it is a risk/reward balance.

In terms of run-rates etc.. they might not reflect the real world as we have compressed games, but we are trying to get it as close as we can.

"Compressed" is a term I use to describe there being less overs but with the anomally of having the same number of wickets. A decrease in time/overs increases risky behaviour of batsmen and the agression/conservatism of the field/bowler.

Last edited:
I hope that the game is able to simulate realistic scoring rates. Sure, if you chose to play with 45 over days instead of 90, scale up the scoring rates, but if you want to play 90 over day test matches then the game should behave like a real test match.

I can't see there ever being a cricket game that people can enjoy playing at 2 runs an over.

if there is a good challenge n if survival is challenging, people will enjoy it. i remember a scenario in blc 99, were u have to play at 8 down as two tailenders and win it was incredibly fun seeing of spinners in that dirt bowl pitch.

if there is a good challenge n if survival is challenging, people will enjoy it.

I agree!!! In previous cricket games, neither surviving on the wicket nor scoring runs was a challenge, hence the whole concept of 'Test Match Cricket' went down the drain. However, what excited me the most about DBC14 (specially after batting in nets) is the fact that this game makes it quite challenging to stay on the wicket, and as soon as you lose focus, you end up losing wickets in bulk. And we haven even got stuff like momentum, stamina, match situation etc included in the nets.....so it would be really interesting to see how the different variables come together to create a different experience everytime you play!

Also no realistic test matches are played at 2 runs per over for the whole game, but there may be the odd session at that rate. I'd like to see that in the game.

It would really be cool if we could play out a opening session with Top fast bowlers bowling on seaming conditions or 5th day final session with spinners looking for the last few wickets. If we could see edges falling short, close LBW's this would be a gem.

I ordered the game from ebay today... I hope thats going to be steelbook edition too....can someone shed some light?

PS: supporting the game I love and also saving some bucks, aint that bad :)

I ordered the game from ebay today... I hope thats going to be steelbook edition too....can someone shed some light?

Steel Book so far confirmed only for pre-orders from Flipkart and Amazon.

Steelbook for ebay not confirmed yet.

For India, Ross has only confirmed about Amazon.in and Flipkart for steelbooks. For all other retailers, the chances of getting a steelbook are almost nil due to the stipulations put in by the distributor (cant tell you the exact stipulation due to personal reasons, but its something like you need to have atleast 'X' non-steelbook confirmed orders for 'one' steelbook....and that 'X' is a huge number!!!).

Last edited:
I get that...but as far as I am concerned, a pre-order is a pre-order irrespective of from where...

Yes....its a pre-order...but not all pre-orders have steel book edition confirmed in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread