Status
Not open for further replies.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah I guess if the aim is to drive the other company out of business or release the game at a time where people won't buy both makes sense.

But another question then, if the aim is to release the game at a time so people don't buy both...why does that matter? If BA release early people would have bought their game anyway so why does it matter if they buy AC13 as well?

Like i said....big ant probably would want to be the only one making a cricket game. Competition cuts profit...specially in a small market like this when customers become "fans" and "loyal" to one of the two only.

Less profit or losing money will cause either company not to try cricket again leaving the other company with a monopoly on the market.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its in our interest for there to be competition though. To use an example; in 2005, both EA and 2k sports released NFL games. ESPN NFL 2k5 was released at $19.99/?19.99 at launch and was easily better than Madden 2005; and is still the most realistic NFL game ever. EAs reaction was to eliminate competition by getting an exclusive NFL licence; instead of making their game better. That's why I get annoyed when people are like "I hope Trickstar go out of business!" Sure, I don't think that AC13 will be as good as DB14; but if they are both still in the market in the future, then BigAnt are less likely to get complacent if they have competition...

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
Ross, how much more are you willing to wait for Mike Fegan to reveal AC13 features??

As the statement "All will be revealed in September" is pretty vague and can mean "All will be revealed on 30th September"..

What if they are stalling??

saif258

Club Captain
if you ask him this and he gives away his intentions on a public forum mf will see it and change his plans delaying the game further.so lets keep these debates as secret.in our minds only.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, how much more are you willing to wait for Mike Fegan to reveal AC13 features??

As the statement "All will be revealed in September" is pretty vague and can mean "All will be revealed on 30th September"..

What if they are stalling??

Not vague:

We will be revealing all aspects of the game in early September

Why should I be the only one that delivers on promises? The hit & run approach of putting out some glib one liners and then running away and hiding works with the folks on FB but surely shouldn't work on here.

Last edited:

Oscar

Club Cricketer
Early September also only extends until the 10th IMO

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I can't believe a smart guy like Ross is falling for this ----. They could not deliver the game on promised date. How the hell can we expect them to meet a less significant deadline? I do believe Ross knows the "and more" comments was just to hoodwink competitor and us alike. If it weren't for those comments, we might have had a play session feedback from MATTW and a release date announcement :facepalm.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I can't believe a smart guy like Ross is falling for this ----. They could not deliver the game on promised date. How the hell can we expect them to meet a less significant deadline? I do believe Ross knows the "and more" comments was just to hoodwink competitor and us alike. If it weren't for those comments, we might have had a play session feedback from MATTW and a release date announcement :facepalm.

I think Ross himself is skeptical of the fact that MF will reveal anything today. Infact MF himself stated that he will 'try' to get a 'WIP' for us today.....so unless he sticks to not sticking to his word, we wont get to see anything today but a WIP that states:

Alliswell.gif

itzeddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Seems to me that its like a cowboy stand-off, both waiting for the other to shoot first. I just wish I could fast forward time and skip all this boring bit to the actual playing the game.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Seems to me that its like a cowboy stand-off, both waiting for the other to shoot first. I just wish I could fast forward time and skip all this boring bit to the actual playing the game.

Maybe we should be a bit more demanding from now :p!!!

funny-gifs-want.gif

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Well the fact that Ross and BA love their Friday surprises as we all do also, I'm guessing 28 September 2013. But I've been wrong before

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Remember that the Friday thing was only a reaction to the Friday 'weekly' Q&As from Mike Fegan.

Games usually release on Thursday in Australia.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Want dbc14 release date??? Break into mike's office and spill the ac13 'reveal all' features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread