Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

It did mean we knew straight away who had pirated the game ;)
Although I think the Steam version was unpatchable as well.

It fixed a few "minor details":eek::rolleyes

Well, minor in the sense the core gameplay was pretty sound. But yeah, you're right there were a few obvious, more serious things that needed patching. But it wasn't an abortion of a game out of the box... that's what I'm getting at. I have a real affinity for the title... Rose tinted glasses n'all that...

Well, minor in the sense the core gameplay was pretty sound. But yeah, you're right there were a few obvious, more serious things that needed patching. But it wasn't an abortion of a game out of the box... that's what I'm getting at. I have a real affinity for the title... Rose tinted glasses n'all that...

Best game to date no doubt once patched and edited properly and a few cool add ons added like no hud, user replay, field editing of ai fields.....

Yeah, user replay is a blast... also that guy in the AC09 forum making all those accessories and kits, whatever his name is, that guy... he got it.

Couple of new pics...

Don't think it was posted before...

Time for biggs to shine again...

By the way .... These guys are unnervingly cheerful there...borderline creepy...

1098093_564301370283157_90536169_n.jpg

972306_564300063616621_243387341_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ross wakes up, laughs and takes the team to America for a weeks holiday:rolleyes. PS We will see in September but looks almost like ic2010 camera with a yellow line I guess you move from left to right for line. :spy

I am inclined to agree but am willing to give Mike the benefit of the doubt if he can come on here and confirm that all the features mentioned there except career mode are in his game.......let us see what he says......

......one finds it strange however to imagine that a game still buggy and full of memory leaks on Monday is suddenly crammed full of features on Wednesday....but hey, what do I know about programming.....

I have tried to get the "honest" answers from Mike but failed to get answers. I can tell you the answer will be "just wait for it" we will tell you in "few weeks" :facepalm

It did mean we knew straight away who had pirated the game ;)
Although I think the Steam version was unpatchable as well.

Actually, I'm not sure we ever made it to Steam at the time. I think it was on "Boonty" or something like that to start with. I think it got there eventually.

Honestly I feel a bit bad for Mike. Cowardly guys would have hidden. The internet is against him, yet still, he tries his best to produce a good game.

I think that many strategies have been wrong with this game, and I would be happy to discuss these.

But I am purely against the strategies of Trickstar, not of Mike.

I would honestly like to understand the decision behind making every player body the same. I agree that animating players for different bodies is difficult (believe me, i've tried) but surely there is a way beyond this. To me cricket is second only to basketball in having an importance with height, yet even basketball games 10 years ago simulated different heights.

I think that any piracy talk is horrible.

Above all, it is hypocritical. You guys want a good game. Even if Ashes 2013 isn't good, how will pirating help it? If you want a better Ashes 2015, support the game :)

Well said on the piracy front and it just rob's all game developers of the livelihoods and in the end everyone loses.

----------

Mike, apparently you've mentioned on Facebook you'll have all the features of DBC13 "...and more" was apparently the language used. Can you elaborate on that because that's a MASSIVE 360 departure from what we've heard will be included in the game thus far. Does this mean you'll have "Cricket Academy" style player building feature and nets? Different player heights, etc?

Also, can you elaborate on what exactly "Captain Mode" is and how it differs from say a Career mode?

We will be revealing all aspects of the game in early September as soon as we resolve an number of technical issues that have been holding us back on the production side. As soon as we are confident that these are indeed resolved we can move forward and reveal all. As I have stated before I'm afraid you are going to have to be patient with us throughout the month of August to we get to where we want to be with the AC2013 game.

----------

Mike, apparently you've mentioned on Facebook you'll have all the features of DBC13 "...and more" was apparently the language used. Can you elaborate on that because that's a MASSIVE 360 departure from what we've heard will be included in the game thus far. Does this mean you'll have "Cricket Academy" style player building feature and nets? Different player heights, etc?

Also, can you elaborate on what exactly "Captain Mode" is and how it differs from say a Career mode?

As per my previous post we need the month of August to get the game where we want it to be including all the DLC content and other features. We will then reveal all and you can make an informed judgement from there. Sorry no "leakage" until then :)

Thnx for your valuable reply Mike. I really want to know the special features of game . I know its been a wild side throughout the net. Im happy that you are still in your gear. I dont wanna see it losing.
:)good luck

Thank you and believe me we are working very hard here to redeem ourselves by delivering to our publisher a cricket game that we can all enjoy.

----------

I have tried to get the "honest" answers from Mike but failed to get answers. I can tell you the answer will be "just wait for it" we will tell you in "few weeks" :facepalm

Answers will come, just hang in there!

Let's wait and watch... September will come soon enough.

Thank you and believe me we are working very hard here to redeem ourselves by delivering to our publisher a cricket game that we can all enjoy.

----------

Answers will come, just hang in there!

Well thats better. Wait for september. Will look forward to see it!.

We will be revealing all aspects of the game in early September as soon as we resolve an number of technical issues that have been holding us back on the production side. As soon as we are confident that these are indeed resolved we can move forward and reveal all. As I have stated before I'm afraid you are going to have to be patient with us throughout the month of August to we get to where we want to be with the AC2013 game.
Well no - you just did reveal 'all aspects' of the game by stating without qualification that the only exception to a feature list posted of Big Ant's game was a career mode.

This is a lie pure and simple. You have recently defended making game design decisions that preclude many of the features, such as interactive fielding, you do not have any community created players - except for a long bow that some on here assisted with stats - in which case the number is still not near 4000.

In addition, previous information revealed about the game, including not being able to do the work on player size variation, not having nets, not having online save and being surprised that Big Ant could work it out, and previously implying you don't have hot spot, which means you don't have a review system.

Considering you have four weeks at most to work on the game, and most of that is getting the thing running, it is absurd to be suggesting people should believe that you were able to redress all of the above to match them on features.

Either you aren't revealing all aspects of the game - in which case you should withdraw the statement on matching features until you are in a position to reveal; you stand by the statement and have now announced all the features listed in that comment - or you're lying to the community.

Users who are viewing this thread