Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Lol.....some people just don't get it (except MattW it seems). Mike Fegan posted on Facebook that AC13 has

1) Batting and bowling controls without marker
2) A fully featured fielding system where you can run down the ball and stop it from boundary (manual fielding)
3) A complete player physics system with different heights and weights
4) Nets
5) Dynamic weather
6) online save
7) A player editor with more than 4000 created player

And

8) MORE

Then he comes here on these forums and answers those querying him about whether it is true by saying we cannot reveal anything yet please stay tuned till September?

What kind of rubbish is this? Again a guy from AC13 is taking us to be fools here or what? If you have revealed the facts on fb them why not own upto them here on planetcricket? Or just say whether these facts you stated are true or just lies like before?

Or maybe you are just trying to mislead people away from Don Bradman Cricket 14 by telling them you have the same features and even more.....and in September 'after' BigAnt release their game, you would then come out and say you couldnt put in those features as technically it didn't work?

What is it Mike? Request you to come out in open and clear this out right away.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno Mike... Not sure what a few weeks difference will make on this one... Benefit of the doubt but this is a huge departure from everything we know to date about the game. It's um... rather hard to believe, shall we put it like that. I'll be the first one to be happy about a pound-for-pound features list that has an awesome tour creator and the like... oh... AND MORE ...but I um.. well... that's certainly quite different from everything we know to date.

But then, Christmas isn't far away...

Features:

Totally Dynamic Gameplay: no game is ever the same.
Live Pitch: play to the pitch and the changing weather and light condition.
New Batting: 360? control over shot placement and analogue power ? hit the ball exactly where you want it!
New bowling: line and length bowling system that allows the player to experience the choices and interactions that are faced by a real bowler.
New fielding complete freedom of fielder positioning and layouts, as well as options for intelligent automatic field placements.
Varied Game Modes: play the complete Ashes Series, as well as exhibition matches, limited overs tournaments and leagues, and test series
Top Class Commentary: leading channel 5 (UK) and channel 9 (AUS) host Mark Nicholas, legend David ?Bumble? Lloyd, and leading Aussie commentator Michael Slater ? list may increase.
Official licenses: England and Australian licensed teams with player likenesses - or play as one of 24 other unlicensed teams.
Officially licensed to provide the ultimate in tracking technology.
Officially Licensed Kit Manufacturers included.
Licensed Stadiums: includes key England and Australia Ashes stadiums, and unlicensed stadiums from around the world.

As far as we know that's the features AC2013 has. Unless everything else from Big Ant's game was being implemented in 4-6 weeks (which is short of miracle)

Please be honest with us and don't fool us again.

I guess this will happen;

In september......we did have all those features but due to technical issues we had to remove bla bla bla, but they will be added in future additions. We remain committed to bla bla bla........

Lol.....some people just don't get it (except MattW it seems). Mike Fegan posted on Facebook that AC13 has

1) Batting and bowling controls without marker
2) A fully featured fielding system where you can run down the ball and stop it from boundary (manual fielding)
3) A complete player physics system with different heights and weights
4) Nets
5) Dynamic weather
6) online save
7) A player editor with more than 4000 created player

And

8) MORE

Then he comes here on these forums and answers those querying him about whether it is true by saying we cannot reveal anything yet please stay tuned till September?

What kind of rubbish is this? Again a guy from AC13 is taking us to be fools here or what? If you have revealed the facts on fb them why not own upto them here on planetcricket? Or just say whether these facts you stated are true or just lies like before?

Or maybe you are just trying to mislead people away from Don Bradman Cricket 14 by telling them you have the same features and even more.....and in September 'after' BigAnt release their game, you would then come out and say you couldnt put in those features as technically it didn't work?

What is it Mike? Request you to come out in open and clear this out right away.

As I have said all along you are going to have to wait until next month to ALL is revealed on the AC2013 game. We are using the month of August to stabilise the game and turn on ALL the stuff we have built. When we are 100% sure that everything is indeed working and the game is at the standard we require then will will unveil it to the world. I simply don't want to make the same mistakes we have made over the last few months by releasing information and game assets before they are ready to be shown at an acceptable level for TG and 505 Games and above all the general public. Please be patient.

I simply don't want to make the same mistakes we have made over the last few months by releasing information
So saying you have all Don Bradman Cricket 14's features except career mode isn't releasing information?

So saying you have all Don Bradman Cricket 14's features except career mode isn't releasing information?

No I'm not saying that at all and will not certainly confirm anything taken out of context. They are different cricket games and our focus is squarely on Ashes first and foremost. As I keep saying and the message hasn't changed ALL will be revealed next month and right now we are totally focused on the tasks at hand and when we are satisfied we will release all details of the game, actual in game screen shots, game play videos, etc.... No amounting of goading or trying to associate me with Megan Fox will make me release this information until ready :yes

No I'm not saying that at all and will not certainly confirm anything taken out of context.

I hope you saw the screenshot from your FB post fellow forum members have posted here. Now, how exactly is that 'out of context'? That screenshot has has ALL the context there is.

Why can't you accept you tried having a one-up over the BA game and in the process was caught lying? It is just another screw-up from the big ol' list of TS screw-ups.. innit?

No I'm not saying that at all and will not certainly confirm anything taken out of context.
If it's out of context, what is the context?

Is there another post you were replying to - Facebook unhelpfully won't do a simple sort by time, but about the only post I can find that was detailed that was before yours was
Don't forget that in BA Cricket you can play the full ashes, complete with the warmup matches. You can even customise it if you want. Want to go back to the 4 month long tours of the past where you play 6 test and a million warmup games? Sure. Do whatever you want!

It doesn't mention career mode, so your specific exclusion of that certainly makes it clear to me you were responding to the initial post.

I think you have mentioned there's now a tour editor - but the game doesn't have the domestic and 'A' sides of Australia/England so you cannot do a full ashes tour - because you can't play the tour matches that would entail.

If it's out of context, what is the context?

Is there another post you were replying to - Facebook unhelpfully won't do a simple sort by time, but about the only post I can find that was detailed that was before yours was

It doesn't mention career mode, so your specific exclusion of that certainly makes it clear to me you were responding to the initial post.

I think you have mentioned there's now a tour editor - but the game doesn't have the domestic and 'A' sides of Australia/England so you cannot do a full ashes tour - because you can't play the tour matches that would entail.

The message remains the same ALL will be revealed next month :)

@Mike ferguson : I really feel Ashes 2009 & IC10 are the closest that we've got a truely real cricket experience with good graphics & over all presentation of the game.
But, some of the screenshots from u were shocking .They are way below ur standards . At the same time DBC14 has been announced with great features .
How do you motivate your self & your team to produce the best out of you . Ashes series almost over. You have to fight with the reputation & time. People had so much expectation in 2013 just because of their previous games quality . What should we expect from you ?

@Mike ferguson : I really feel Ashes 2009 & IC10 are the closest that we've got a truely real cricket experience with good graphics & over all presentation of the game.
But, some of the screenshots from u were shocking .They are way below ur standards . At the same time DBC14 has been announced with great features .
How do you motivate your self & your team to produce the best out of you . Ashes series almost over. You have to fight with the reputation & time. People had so much expectation in 2013 just because of their previous games quality . What should we expect from you ?

We are totally focused on making the best AC2013 game we can and the team is working hard to achieve this so please stick with us over the next 10 weeks and you can then make an informed judgement on our game.

----------

And again, you made claims regarding a feature list today :)

No feature list promised today and as I have previously stated ALL will be revealed next month. Thanks for your interest in the AC2013 game.

Users who are viewing this thread