Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

We are totally focused on making the best AC2013 game we can and the team is working hard to achieve this so please stick with us over the next 10 weeks and you can then make an informed judgement on our game.

----------

No feature list promised today and as I have previously stated ALL will be revealed next month. Thanks for your interest in the AC2013 game.

Thank you for the response Mr.Mike.
Are you considering to remove any features of the previous version of ashes cricket game?

The message remains the same ALL will be revealed next month
So next month you'll be announcing the 4000-players in the community player creator/sharing platform, online saving system, detail the controls for fielding after the ball has been hit, showing the pitch marker free batting/bowling, showing the hotspot in the full implementation of DRS and showing off the new variance in player models?

Or is the idea that we will forget by next month what you've said here, and then be delighted about minor additions on top of the items previously promised for DLC?

I honestly don't care if half of that list is missing - online saving is the only one I think is essential and I'm probably glad there will be a game with some more visual feedback on batting/bowling.

But - I do care if you're going to make claims about features at this point to 'keep people interested' but refuse to back them up. You could have easily responded to the Big Ant feature list with the stock standard answer that you'll be revealing next month - it wouldn't be an issue then, we've waited months already, we can wait another one. But you did answer, you chose to answer by saying you'd match them everywhere else except career mode and have 'more'.

You do not have all of their features except Career mode - you made specific and justifiable decisions not to in many cases. In others, you clearly didn't have the time to match them but would want to.

Oh Dear Me! Oh deary, deary me!
So on Facebook you can reveal to someone all the features and more, i.e. Everything DBcricket has plus more but here we have to wait until September for the full feature reveal......

......on Monday we are told there are technical problems and memory leaks stopping everything from working......then we are told the game will be better than DBCricket in terms of features......now we are told that WE are taking things out of context and that WE are trying to goad something out of you.......

......I didnt think this sorry saga could get worse.......it just did.....

.....sorry Mike, but brave as you are you really are not doing a good job of convincing me of sincerity and honesty......

.....twists and turns, twists and turns and then blame us for making the road so crooked.......really not cool at all.

What I think has happened here is that 505 has set it as a condition of delaying the game that you have to apologise and react with the community. Perhaps you dont really want to but have to.

No feature list promised today and as I have previously stated ALL will be revealed next month. Thanks for your interest in the AC2013 game.

I dont understand....if you have already made that particular statement on FB that means you have already revealed that AC13 will have all those features and MORE, then why this "all will be revealed next month' crap?

Mr. Fegan were you high while posting that on facebook?

Asking a Serious question with a serious face...only that you cant see my serious face.

Okay maybe i am enjoying it a little...

Maybe i am smiling a little too...

Other than that i have a very serious expression right now...

I dont understand....if you have already made that particular statement on FB that means you have already revealed that AC13 will have all those features and MORE, then why this "all will be revealed next month' crap?

he's not that guy :p

Mike is ther anything you can say that will at least help us understand what is going on here. You said you wanted to be honest and sincere with the fans. Come on man.

I really hate all the personal abuse you are getting and can only imagine you sitting behind that screen thinking what a bunch of ?&@)?&.

The truth is most of us a re decent, adult cricket fans who do actually want this game to succeed but what is the point of coming on here if you wont give clear straight answers.

It just becomes another page where the same rubbish as facebook, the forum and twitter is reproduced.

----------

I would like to remind members that although it may be legitimate to be critical of certain aspects of this process, personal abuse for the sake of it will not be tolerated.

Mike. We aren't falling for it. You said that "Ashes has all this plus more", relating to the feature list of Bradman Cricket 14.

There are either two possibilities here:

1) Ashes doesn't have all of those features (different body heights, online save, community player sharing, fielding etc) and you lied
2) Ashes does have these features, despite originally being told it doesn't.

Which is it? We aren't being fooled by this "turned on" crap. Perhaps you can turn on higher quality textures if you were previously having frame-rate issues but you can't just turn on players of different body shapes or a non-automated fielding engine.

Interestingly Mike is declining to answer the questions being raised here. Questions that have come about by the information that he himself has given. I see a pattern emerging that is rife throughout both the Ask Chief thread, their own so called forum, the twitter page, the facebook page.

Perhaps I am asking the wrong question.......

Does anyone know where to get a decent kitchen?

Interestingly Mike is declining to answer the questions being raised here. Questions that have come about by the information that he himself has given. I see a pattern emerging that is rife throughout both the Ask Chief thread, their own so called forum, the twitter page, the facebook page.

Perhaps I am asking the wrong question.......

Does anyone know where to get a decent kitchen?

Guys I am more than happy to answer your questions but you not listening to my answer. ALL will be revealed next month you will just have to be patient and wait to see as I am simply not going to show you or confirm anything until it is ready as I have learn't from our mistakes. The personal abuse stuff doesn't bother me as I know you guys are passionate about cricket and cricket games and that is fine.

The personal abuse stuff bothers me and I will continue to delete posts and infract anyone who crosses the line.
The issue Mike is that, deliberately or not, you "confirmed" on facebook that AC13 has the "same features and more" as Don Bradman Cricket with the exception of career mode.
I think it would be better if you clarified your comments now rather than said wait till September.

Guys I am more than happy to answer your questions but you not listening to my answer. ALL will be revealed next month you will just have to be patient and wait to see as I am simply not going to show you or confirm anything until it is ready as I have learn't from our mistakes. The personal abuse stuff doesn't bother me as I know you guys are passionate about cricket and cricket games and that is fine.

But Mike we have been hearing this soooooooooooooooo many times now.......and you have to admit that it is a contradiction to what you pasted on your FB page.........surely you can understand all these questions being raised about the features you indicated would be in the game? Do you stand by your FB comment or not? Simple question that can be answered with a simple answer.

The personal abuse stuff bothers me and I will continue to delete posts and infract anyone who crosses the line.

Not me guv! You'll notice I've been a good boy and not posted! My mum always said: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Its almost impossible to bite your tongue and remain quiet with this game! You claim something on facebook then say we on PC have to wait till August!

Alot of us and some who already paid have been waiting since June. Then we are asked to be paitient till August. I reckon we have all been very patient!

I think it would be better if you clarified your comments now rather than said wait till September.

This guy gets it.

You can't just say something in an "official" forum (in this case, Facebook) and then not back it up in an unofficial capacity on a fan site (here). It just adds to the confusion and mistrust. I mean, if they really have added in a bunch of new features I'll be first in line to pick the game up if the features match dollar for dollar another product...

But yeah, lets keep the discussion civil because we want community interaction and we don't want to come across like assh#$es... well, I mean... I'm happy coming across like that, but some of you others prolly don't need to.

Addendum: The community creation thing is the smoking gun though... I wonder what community is creating things, cause it aint this one!

EDIT:

Perhaps it's time for a parable...

So, there was this SUPER hot girl in college, everyone knows her... the one you always wanted to date but knew she was waaaaaaay outta your league. So think of her, then think of this new girl who calls your house one day... she's calling from out of town, but she's got this friend (the SUPER hot girl) and she says she's a dead ringer for her, but she's got even MORE going on... she's fully keen to date you and no bases are off limits. You just gotta wait until next month for the date. Until then, you've always got the super hot girl to stare at every day who's started to like you a little, notice you around the place and you know you MIGHT be in with a shot before next month. So what do you do? Believe the random girl from out of town, or go with what you know, can see and (potentially) feel... Fast forward 20 years, I married the hot girl... never heard from the random chick on the phone again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread