Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I forgot to pay Matt the monthly ransom on my account... you'll get your money, W... you'll get it real good...

I forgot to pay Matt the monthly ransom on my account... you'll get your money, W... you'll get it real good...

Dammit, Matt is such a double crosser. I have been paying him big time to keep you out of here.......he said he has sent you to Mongolia......last pack of Jammy Dodgers he gets from me.....

Does he even answer at all? laughed so much when i seen his facebook comment all these features and more hope they go bankrupt from this massive mistake i preorderd long ago ready for june then july now 2019 ashes tour its looking like cant believe the lies keep coming

Does he even answer at all? laughed so much when i seen his facebook comment all these features and more hope they go bankrupt from this massive mistake i preorderd long ago ready for june then july now 2019 ashes tour its looking like cant believe the lies keep coming

Surely we dont want them to go bankrupt do we? I mean competition and innovation go hand in hand. Two games being developed, each with its own merits has to be a good thing right?

I would honestly rather ea made another one after this the lies are getting to much

Then you've clearly got a short memory. EA were far far worse than this.

TBF they did introduce innovations like "first person view" and "century stick" while batting, which the newer games are building on. IMO EA's first priority would be to break into the baseball market and once they have a game equivalent to "MLB 13 the show" or "MLB 2K13", they can reuse the same engine to get into cricket gaming.

Nope. Codies beat them to both iirc.
EA were absolutely dreadful about engaging with the community for a couple of Q&As in the month before release and then offering zero support or presence afterwards. They would then trot out the next version of their game still containing bugs from 3 editions ago.
EA were not a positive force in cricket gaming. Even now they're not. They're got the licenses but refuse to use them.

Nope - cricket_online is right, EA had 360 degree batting and first person view in Cricket 07, which came out a few months before 360 degree batting in BLIC07 and years before first person in IC2010.

The execution by Codemasters was far better however - EA just had a semi transparent batsman and flipped controls for their 'first person' batting.

I haven't spent much time with the Century Stick because I never had a controller that worked with the PC version of the game, and after seeing it on PC, I can't stand looking at the PS2 version. It seemed to work okay - just didn't have the visual feedback of the aiming triangle in the Codemasters games.

EA were absolutely dreadful about engaging with the community for a couple of Q&As in the month before release and then offering zero support or presence afterwards. They would then trot out the next version of their game still containing bugs from 3 editions ago.
EA were not a positive force in cricket gaming. Even now they're not. They're got the licenses but refuse to use them.

Pardon my ignorance but wasn't EA Cricket 2007 the first game to have "century stick control" and the first person view? Codies' gamess (BLIC 2005 and BLIC 2007) didn't have batting using stick and you still had to press face buttons to play a shot. Don't recall first person batsman view in those games either.

EA didn't have the implementation pat down but they did pave the direction cricket games would go in the future, and IMO DBC14 has taken it to a different level altogether with sticks (RAS & LAS) used for both batting and bowling instead of button mashing.

Nope - cricket_online is right, EA had 360 degree batting and first person view in Cricket 07, which came out a few months before 360 degree batting in BLIC07 and years before first person in IC2010.

The execution by Codemasters was far better however - EA just had a semi transparent batsman and flipped controls for their 'first person' batting.

I haven't spent much time with the Century Stick because I never had a controller that worked with the PC version of the game, and after seeing it on PC, I can't stand looking at the PS2 version. It seemed to work okay - just didn't have the visual feedback of the aiming triangle in the Codemasters games.

I played Cricket 07 on PS2 with a controller and I can tell you the century stick control for batting was a breath of fresh air - for the first time you could bat without pressing a button. Same for their first person batsman view though implementation for the same could have been better.

----------

Sounds like you might be right. I still stand by what I said about their customer service though.

This I totally agree with.

Pardon my ignorance but wasn't EA Cricket 2007 the first game to have "century stick control" and the first person view? Codies' gamess (BLIC 2005 and BLIC 2007) didn't have batting using stick and you still had to press face buttons to play a shot. Don't recall first person batsman view in those games either.

EA didn't have the implementation pat down but they did pave the direction cricket games would go in the future, and IMO DBC14 has taken it to a different level altogether with sticks (RAS & LAS) used for both batting and bowling instead of button mashing.

The same guy that designed BLIC 2005 went to EA shortly afterwards to make Cricket 07, which is why they blended together a bit.

I'm pretty sure Cricket 07 was the first with proper 360 analogue batting controls. But BLIC 99 (I think) had a first person camera years before: Pretty sure that may also have been in some of the early EA games (the Melbourne house days)...

Didn't EA also poach a bunch of guys who made BLC99 to do Cricket 2002?

Didn't EA also poach a bunch of guys who made BLC99 to do Cricket 2002?

The original "Mr Cricket": MobyGames - Jeremy Wellard

I believe that Audiogenic (Alan Border's/Graham Gooch's Cricket) turned into Brian Lara Cricket, and then HB Studios was formed to make EA Cricket.

It's always been very insular. :-)

I *think* that before HB Studios was formed, EA's Cricket games were made by Melbourne House. So, eventually, the centre of the Cricket Games scene reverted back "home"!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread