Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire quarter is messed up with so many big games. Even if they release it in the last week of October, they will have a very stiff competition with two well-set franchies, i.e. Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag and Batman - Arkham City Origins.

The only benefit will be the start of Australian Domestic Season and with the next Ashes series in sight. They will still have to release the game before 'the other game', otherwise, they will steal all the limelight.

The entire quarter is messed up with so many big games. Even if they release it in the last week of October, they will have a very stiff competition with two well-set franchies, i.e. Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag and Batman - Arkham City Origins.

Everyone must know one thing is that a game released competes with other game of the same category, so other games releasing along with other games wont make much of a change...:cheers

So DBC14 will be competing with Ashes Cricket 2013 rather than other games..:)

Everyone must know one thing is that a game released competes with other game of the same category, so other games releasing along with other games wont make much of a change...:cheers

So DBC14 will be competing with Ashes Cricket 2013 rather than other games..:)

I disagree with that totally. Maybe amongst the hardcore cricket fans it is true to an extent, but for the more mainstream gamer ALL games are competing for the players money and time.

The allocated budget of a casual gamer doesn't know the difference between a cricket game or any other good game. If he can afford to buy 2 games in the next 3 months, he will only buy 2 games. If DBC'14 - or any other game for that instance - comes after that, say for example, as the 3rd or 4th game, the gamer won't have the money to buy it, despite the fact that he might like to.

Ok I have deleted the message...Its back to normal...:D

Last edited:
But that's the case in India....People dont go shopping for games but they decide what category or game they want to buy

Citation required.

"Hmmmm, today I feel like playing an RPG..."

*goes to store*

"Hmmmm, only sports games out this week"

*goes home*

Yup, that doesn't sound ridiculous at all...

The allocated budget of a casual gamer doesn't know the difference between a cricket game or any other good game. If he can afford to buy 2 games in the next 3 months, he will only buy 2 games. If DBC'14 - or any other game for that instance - comes after that, say for example, as the 3rd or 4th game, the gamer won't have the money to buy it, despite the fact that he might like to.

But the DBC 14 or any cricket game for that fact isn't for a "casual gamer". It's for the people who want to play a cricket game and they won't substitute this for any other game. AC cricket 2013 is the only competitors here. Anyone who is looking forward to DBC 14 won't settle for Assassin creed. Also video game rental industry has become very popular too now. You can always rent a first person shooting game like Assassin Creed for a week or two and would have still enough money left to buy DBC 14.

Absolutely agree, if you play many games and like cricket it might be a choice you'd have to make, but if you love cricket you're gonna wait to buy DB14! Personally this IS the only game I'm interested in ATM. Ashes1? Hasn't given me any reason to have to make a decision otherwise, and only if it does come out, unless its vastly different and on par gameplay wise, DB14 will be the only game for me. I only play sports games and with no boxing game comin out anytime soon, there's no competition. Hope it's out befor the first test in oz because ill be up all night watching the real thing and won't have time to do both!!!!

You can always rent a first person shooting game like Assassin Creed

Eeerrrmm!! :rolleyes. I'm guessing you've not played assassins creed then?!

This game won't sell well if it's aimed at just genuine cricket fans. There simply arnt enough of us. It has to be aimed at the casual cricket fans to. And if you think someone that's 50/50 on a cricket game is going to pass up assassins creed/call of duty/battlefield/next gen consoles to play any cricket game then you quite simply are mad!
I have 7 people on my xbox friends list that I managed to talk into getting this game, however only 1 of them now will get it due to all the other aaa titles out this year plus the next gen consoles!

I think the game will sell to all real cricket fans firstly, and then they have to hope the buzz of the Ashes gets more people to buy, and unfortunately unless it is marketed amazingly well, those people are more likely to buy AC13 because of the licences.

True cricket fans will be more interested in DBC14 because of the gameplay and how it looks, but i'm worried those who are just walking around video game shops are more likely to notice Cook/Clarke on the cover and buy that.

the game...

So all of this stuff about marketing tactics, one thing I think is a major loop hole and might be damaging to the game is the title. No offence or anything but no one cares about don bradman, half the people who watch and play cricket these days don't really care about him no matter how much they love the game of cricket. The games title itself is a very localized selling point. Surely Ashes will sell better even if there is a turd inside the case...

Also it just targets one country...FIFA for example although it's a bigger game more money yadda yadda, they put the main star messi on the front along with the located game's star player so newcastle will have some newcastle player etc...BLIC did the same, calling it DBC is just targeting one audience whereas ashes is taking the interest of england and australia as every kid/teen/adult will experience an ashes series in their life.

Don Bradman is a timeless master of the game.

The Ashes could be won as early by 17 December, that's an incredibly short window.

BTW That is like saying no one cares about Pele, some names withstand time.

Last edited:
Don Bradman is a timeless master of the game.

The Ashes could be won as early by 17 December, that's an incredibly short window.

Yeah he is a timeless master but my point is no one cares, majority of the people haven't seen him play, some portion won't even know who he is, it's also targeting australians mainly. I spoke to a few people who share the same passion for cricket as me and many others and it's just a thing of the past no one really cares about it...same as pele we know how great he was but we're more excited about the current generation like the ronaldos, zidane, messi, fat ronaldo etc people would rather buy cristiano ronaldo's football instead of pele's football thats my point

ashes is current and it's happening people will buy it just because of it's name

Missed my point about the window, no wants to buy things considered "old"... FIFA World cup is half price immediately when the WC finishes, London Olympics was less than that two weeks after the London games were complete.

If you are to sell an event base game then the optimal time is before the event, during and after die pretty damn quickly.

Especially if players are dropped, retire, "get into trouble", etc.. and you can't edit the squad... then you're certainly in trouble with the game being aged quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread