Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IceAgeComing - any more posts like that and you'll end up on the staff... (my ultimate ambition is of course to have more Scottish than Australian mods.)

[/COLOR]@IceAgeComing :- Do write you posts in points when they are lengthy..
It's costs patience to read such posts

Last edited:
Hi

Playing Game DEv tycoon right now it is best game and anyone can get addicted to it

Don't give us a date but at least release it this month. Enough with donkey carrot

[/COLOR]@IceAgeComing :- Do write you posts in points when they are lengthy..
It's costs patience to read such posts

that's what paragraphs are for.

Besides, I felt like it needed explained in some detail; and that means writing a fair few words!

?Don?t mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn
from it.?

Honestly; there is an argument is being critical anything we see about the game. Not in terms of "look at thing in negative light all the time", but in terms of "looking at the game from an objective perspective at all times". It does seem like there are some on this forum who would react the same way they react to the Fonz's posts to someone saying "This doesn't quite look right: x is wrong" to something genuinely wrong in the game. That does no one a world of good - as soon as you start shunning contrary opinions and become a one-view circlejerk; then the community starts to die because a continual "me too!" thing is really boring to post in, yet its what some want. That's why people screaming for the mods to ban people like the Fonz are wrong; because he's not actually breaking the rules, just expressing an opinion that you don't like in a very open way. Start to ban people for that, then you set a really awful precedent. That's not to say that "moderation is bad" - but its designed to enforce the rules, and "Don't say things that we don't agree with!!" thankfully isn't one of them; yet "Don't attack other members" is, which is something that some need to remember - "You're opinion is wrong and here is why" is OK, while "I hope you die in a fire" is not.

We're all best-served by a community that values the views of the minority, and if you start trying to silence them, then I find it kills the whole forum going experience. It also helps the final development of the game as well - without an open, critical perspective, the final game might not have nets, or the "be-a-pro" career mode! If we didn't allow people to go "here is a better way of working", then the game would be objectively worse. Also; no one should talk about how good the game is unless you've actually played it. I trust Matt, so I think its going to be fun; but you can't talk in facts if you haven't got any.

I do think its also important to read posts and admit when you're wrong; which too many people refuse to do, even when presented for facts and reasons for something. This is a big problem in the world IMO; the whole "this is my opinion, and even if its factually wrong I'll defend it to the end of time" thing which is the reason why creationism is a majority opinion in the USA. This goes for all in this debate. Also; going for the "you're a troll!!!" thing is the most boring way of dealing with someone, because it just means that you can't defend your side of the argument.

Going back on-topic (for the first time in 100 pages), I'm looking forward to the game and hopefully it will be very good, so when's the release date? ;)

(This is the requisite gif to use in responce to this post)

VERY good post, summed up how me and many other posters feel in a nutshell. Sure I post nonsense on purpose but I've seen people post genuine opinion which is shot down because it's not one that a small circle of people agree with, like running some sort of dictatorship on these parts of the forum almost. Which is wrong and just shows some members true character really. As you said it is a forum and forums are nothing without differing opinions.

@barmy yeah you should make this guy a mod tbh, pls god not snowy :p

Yeh because then 95% of your posts would be gone for posting absolute crap :thumbs

Quote a post that doesn't say;

A) big ant suck
B) Ross sucks
C) the game will suck
D) Ross won't tell me the release date, he sucks
E) anyone that does not agree with Fonz sucks

I haven't read them except when they are quoted however I would think 90+ % probably fit into the above.

The one thing the trolls here have in common, apart from their IP address, is that they dish it but have a very hard time taking it.

As stated hundreds of pages ago, the intention of the thread was to rid the main threads of the trolls and have them in one place. It continues to work, they continue to chow down because they just can't help themselves...

Do yourselves a favour and put them on the ignore list, do me a favour and don't quote them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread