Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ross, would you believe it, I am sitting right next to you at the tennis. See the woman next to me? Thats my girlfriend. She asked me to ask you to give her bum a squeeze, says she really wont mind.......go on, it's fine.

Made me laugh at the tennis during play.... Shhhhh....

" Quiet please, ladies and gentlemen, please turn off all mobile phones and hand held devises during play, and you over there in the ant shirt, when is the release date"

"One moment please ladies and gentlemen as the security guards remove the gentleman with the sticky Toblerone hands stuck to the backside of the leggy blonde....."

Last edited by a moderator:
So we don't have the generic argument about who on here cares about T20?

Yeah that does seem to come up a bit. It's not my favourite type of cricket either, but it's become big enough that it'll get some pretty decent coverage mid-march.

Okay well I feel like debating for my point a bit here. :)

I don't think they would release a game associated with don Bradman during the t20 WC. It just doesn't sound right

He never played One Day International Cricket either, but in a book on him it states that: "In later years, Bradman recognised the popularity and role of one day cricket and claimed to accept the need for sporting professionalism. He stated that he understood the need for cricket to adapt to the contemporary social conditions and that he had no objection to night cricket, players wearing coloured clothing or the use of white balls. What concerned the Don was not change, but rather that as change unfolded "we are able to preserve the underlying character-building edifice upon which the game was founded".

Bradman said that he understood the commerical necessity of top-level cricket for gate money and media coverage, and that attractive play is required to maintain both.

I think that kind of underscores my point that whether it's test, one-day or T20, that as long as it's good high quality cricket being played and it's good for the game, that any top level tournament could be used to promote the game. Also, sure it's Don Bradman Cricket, but he's not likely to be the only player in the game when people get their teams all sorted out.

Last year people said champions trophy would be the ideal time!

Exactly, any major world tournament would be a decent time to release a game.

I don't think it matters...

The game will be released when it is most profitable to do so which may not have anything to do with any of the multitude of cricket that happens all across the world.

There's more things to consider than some cricket tournament.

Yes, there are more things to consider, but in terms of promotion of the title, sales and their link to the public conciousness of cricket, you can't seriously argue that timing is irrelevant? Why would the intent of the Ashes developers (for all their other mistakes) have been to release during an Ashes series?

I'm sure you're right that there are more important factors, including how poor the aforementioned Ashes 2013 was and how that's caused a range of difficulties. There are no doubt other considerations also.

What I don't agree with is saying that the game's release timing might not have anything at all to do with any cricket that's being played in the real world. Whatever position it sits in on a list of priorities, it's no doubt somewhat important to consider the timing in relation to larger scale events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread