Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Xbox 360 - but I much prefer playing on PC, graphics are better, ability to screenshot/record gameplay easily, free online play, the ability to modify the game, and most of all, I wouldn't want to start my career on Xbox and then have no way to continue it on PC once it came out, if I did take the route of getting it on Xbox while waiting for the PC release.

Don't know what to do about my pre-order. A boxed game is pointless for a Steam release and paying $90 for a PC game will sting even more with the delay.

Yeah I see your point Matt, this would have been hard for Ross to say for sure. Maybe get it on console first and PC later like me.

PS Maybe Ross/Bigant can do a special version for PC players, few tweaks and DLC for free. Just a idea ross so don't shoot me.

Bloody hell i pre ordered for pc now you tell us we have to wait till May and have to use STEAM yuck its a good game iam sure but there is no way iam using steam:mad

Why no to steam ? Steam is very good IMO .

Yeah I see your point Matt, this would have been hard for Ross to say for sure. Maybe get it on console first and PC later like me.

PS Maybe Ross/Bigant can do a special version for PC players, few tweaks and DLC for free. Just a idea ross so don't shoot me.

Firing squad NOW 79c...

Without trying to start something (and with no disrespect to the good ones that don't do this, like the many here on PC), but I would presume that it is the high level of piracy on PC games in a cricket mad country like India is one of the reasons behind this.

and that is where the piracy in India discussion ends, right here. Any further persuals of this idea gets deleted. We have a thread for that. Infraction finger itching........

I gotta say Matt you're right. Are many people annoyed at this. I was expecting a date, not a month. Sorry Ross, I appreciate what your doing but I can understand the anger...especially at PC release thing

Ross can you please put a post up on the Big Ant forums. We've had no word from you over there yet and they are the 'offical' forums.

I can't get on there from where I am - strange request but can you please apologise for me and cut & my post there?

PlanetCricket is the only place I have posted so far as I promised I would do so as soon as I could.

Releasing on pc later, regardless of steam, means that people tossing up between pirating a pc version or buying a console version may do the later. That's why they stagger the release. The steam protection adds a bit more protection too, but as you said it isn't perfect.
depends ... some days to wait means, some days to read initial reviews .. obviously there would be some major/minor issues reported or some negatives about the game (not quoting DBC here specifically). It could increase their chances against buying a unpirated or console version... I don't think pirated PC buyers would spend a higher amnt on a console!!! they would rather wait

Without trying to start something (and with no disrespect to the good ones that don't do this, like the many here on PC), but I would presume that it is the high level of piracy on PC games in a cricket mad country like India is one of the reasons behind this.

but even after this precautionary steps piracy will be imminent in fact more people here don't even know that there's a game called DBC14.

What percentage of sales do PC copies usually make up? Is there a general figure?

I remember someone saying that due to AC09 poor PC sales there was no PC version of IC10 so i'd imagine for cricket games the figure wouldn't be too high.

I am really really keen to avoid an unnecessary whole quagmire on piracy in any particular country. We have done it all before. It is rife all over the world. Please THINK before posting....

I am really really keen to avoid an unnecessary whole quagmire on piracy in any particular country. We have done it all before. It is rife all over the world. Please THINK before posting....

I did say I wasn't trying to start anything :D :thumbs

I've always been a console player (apart from a couple of the old cricket games) but I was going to get this game on PC for the reasons stated above by MattW. I don't want to have to start again on PC after spending a load of time on the 360 either. Although I would want to increase the longevity of this game by getting it for PC, it looks like I'll be having one last hurrah for my old Xbox as the two month wait is way too long for something I'm looking forward to so much. I'm disappointed but not completely gutted.

Extremely unlikely, but is there a way to export your saved games onto the console? It's never been done before (I think) but the sharing from DBA to different consoles is a first.

Hopefully this will increase the profits of DBC and lead to future iterations.

DBC 14 and South Africa

The one thing that Big Ant did not take in consideration is that Steam is completly useless in South Africa. Sale from Steam for SA is going to be nearley zero, appart from the few lucky ones staying in Jozy or Cape Town. O well it looked like a nice game.

I can't get on there from where I am - strange request but can you please apologise for me and cut & my post there?

PlanetCricket is the only place I have posted so far as I promised I would do so as soon as I could.

All good, it's just that not everyone goes on here as well and we already have cut and pasted it over. Just a quick question why can't you get on the other forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread