Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Cover Revealed!

@MattW quick question is dbc 17 coming out on steam at the same time as cd versions in the store or is the steam version going to be delayed like Dbc 14 was?
I read in some post steam & cd versions,guess ps3 xbox one all will be in sync for release date no delay in any of the platform.[DOUBLEPOST=1476698714][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very cool! lush green grass tops confirmed also by the looks of that.... And thunderstorms!
Need to confirm whether cover pic was in game or just a photoshop lol

What is a little odd is that DB was the most prolific batsman but the centre piece is the stumps being broken.. nitpicking?

I don't think that's as important TBH - That it is a cricket game is very clear and I don't think the kids over here will know any different: I fully expect millenial gamers in the UK to be asking "Who's D. N. Bradman?"

What is a little odd is that DB was the most prolific batsman but the centre piece is the stumps being broken.. nitpicking?
It suggests you get bowled over by this amazing game created with the name of the legend..:D

It's bright and bold and definitely jumps out at you more than the more subtle colours of DBC14, although I must say I preferred the older game cover.

The weather looks great. People questioning why there is a red ball but floodlights I think that really is nitpicking and besides, this might just be 6pm at the end of play.

I also love the somewhat sparse crowd. This looked good at times in DBC14. At the start of the game the crowd would be small and later fill, but (from memory) at the start of day 2 the crowd would be back to huge and it wouldn't drop off from days 1 to 5. Also the Domestic Crowds were in general much too big.

One thing looks very odd though. The pitch is aligned up and down the cover, yet the stumps, whilst broken, were clearly aligned facing left-right on the cover and hence perpendicular to reality. There is also an odd grass trail, I presume resembling a run out where the ball has just been rolling along the grass but it's still not a typical thing you'd see.

Don Bradman 14 Cover was really nice. Better than this. but who cares about covers. The actual game will be amazing !!! :D
Did you guys crowdsourced the cover this time ??? :P

Have to admit I would have preferred having The Don more prominent. I loved the DB14 cover, more old fashioned to represent the era. That said it's very eye catching compared to DB14. Which hopefully will appeal to the younger audience.
I reckon it's a hard balance between designing a cover to respect The Don, and designing a cover to represent the modern game.
Either way the cover will certainly not influence my decision to buy DB17, like my Mummy says "it's what's on the inside that counts"

It's bright and bold and definitely jumps out at you more than the more subtle colours of DBC14, although I must say I preferred the older game cover.

The weather looks great. People questioning why there is a red ball but floodlights I think that really is nitpicking and besides, this might just be 6pm at the end of play.

I also love the somewhat sparse crowd. This looked good at times in DBC14. At the start of the game the crowd would be small and later fill, but (from memory) at the start of day 2 the crowd would be back to huge and it wouldn't drop off from days 1 to 5. Also the Domestic Crowds were in general much too big.

One thing looks very odd though. The pitch is aligned up and down the cover, yet the stumps, whilst broken, were clearly aligned facing left-right on the cover and hence perpendicular to reality. There is also an odd grass trail, I presume resembling a run out where the ball has just been rolling along the grass but it's still not a typical thing you'd see.

you're looking way too much into it pal.

I think except the logo everything is awesome! Vibrant colors , details, storms gives us a spark. If you want to approach the modern generation, this is the correct way to go! Old dbc14 cover was for old people (no offense). If your target market is younger generation who loves glamourous cricket, old dbc14 cover would may be turn them off.

Not sure if it's needed for the box art but i'm seeing a hard line done the right side from the sky, in the stand, to the grass. The fence doesn't line up either as you can see the word "cricket" faded out, looks like a poor clone stamp job there. Just a heads up!

Not sure if anyone could actually notice it, as this much larger than it will be printed, but I'm an absolute nut for stuff like this :p.

Overall I like it, noting will beat the steal book cover though!

Not sure if it's needed for the box art but i'm seeing a hard line done the right side from the sky, in the stand, to the grass. The fence doesn't line up either as you can see the word "cricket" faded out, looks like a poor clone stamp job there. Just a heads up!

I noticed this - It's possibly a margin - sometimes the artwork is oversized.

Not sure if anyone could actually notice it, as this much larger than it will be printed, but I'm an absolute nut for stuff like this :p.

Overall I like it, noting will beat the steal book cover though!
Thanks to you I cannot unsee it now ..:p

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread