Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

:pak: Can someone help me with this error? I'm not able to play competition matches even can't replace all teams at once it is saying academy is not available at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
FIFA 17 wasn't released without *insert soccer equivalent of a cover drive* though ;)

Or massive areas on football pitch you couldn't hit the football and pass to. Cover Drive is something which stands out but there are other areas such as 3rd man/fine 3rd man and behind square on the leg side (fine leg/long leg) which are equally unhittable.

Some more first impressions from me, having played around 4-5 hours now.

The tutorial look around the field bug aside, it's been playing fine for me. So far I've played a few casual 5 over matches, maybe 5 or 6 career matches and started on a casual test.

Had no crashes at all, yes I understand there's an issue with not being able to play certain shots, but frankly I'm not good enough at batting yet to worry about much more than hitting the ball at all, let alone hitting it to a certain area :)

Hopefully by the time I get to the stage that I can bat half decent they might have patched it :)

So for me, I'm happy with how it plays now, if it's improved through patches, which I'm sure it probably will be, all the better.

This coming from a very casual cricket, cricket game fan.

Played for a few hours and yes there are a fee issues cover drive , poor back foot shots etc

But generally it's better than DBC 14, bowling is far far better and the fact pitches actually seem to change makes a hell of a difference to me and make the toss a bit more important

I won't touch career until the download all teams thing has been fixed but all in all its a decent game which will only get better with time

IMO people need show a bit of patience and just relax yes some things are a bit a miss but the game isn't broken and very much playable

ok here are my thoughts - I haven't bowled yet just batted in a few games:

1. Commentary is very boring doesn't bring life to the game
2 I like that you can see the colored circle at the top of bowlers release - now I can switch foot work as you have more time
3. harder to hit sixes which is good but too easy to get 8 an over without a risk
4. I'm a stats guy and it looks like some stats have been taken out - in a 20 over game it doesn't tell you the required run rate or how many runs in how many balls till there is 5 overs left ?
5. don't really like the idea of downloading one by one teams - in DBC14 you downloaded all the teams at once - no big deal here just saying
6. I downloaded the sri Lankan team and the stats for the players didn't come thru - did I do something wrong or is this a bug?
7. love the stadiums and bats that are on the game - ive played games at blundstone arena, ethihad stadium and the Gabba and they look really good - need more grounds in the sub continent though please haha.
8. people are complaining about the cover drive but I don't mind it - It is annoying that fine leg is a pretty much dead zone you cant hit there even when sweeping - I have hit quite a few fours thru covers

overall I still like it better than DBC14 - the graphics, stadiums, bats and point 2 above have made it better - still a few bugs with it but im sure in time it will get fixed

I agree with you. The commentary is the worst I have ever seen in any game.
A) No timing on anything - They say whatever they want to say and whenever they want to say
B) Very inaccurate - I clearly mistimed a shot and the guy was like "oh what a shot" and I got caught
C) No enthusiasm - The commentators sound so boring. That make the game looks slow as well.

Like come on. You guys can't have that bad of a taste in commentary. It's so obvious that everyone disliked it. Some people are just ignoring it and I am not trying to complain about it. But all I wanna say is that the commentary sucks

I agree with you. The commentary is the worst I have ever seen in any game.
A) No timing on anything - They say whatever they want to say and whenever they want to say
B) Very inaccurate - I clearly mistimed a shot and the guy was like "oh what a shot" and I got caught
C) No enthusiasm - The commentators sound so boring. That make the game looks slow as well.

Like come on. You guys can't have that bad of a taste in commentary. It's so obvious that everyone disliked it. Some people are just ignoring it and I am not trying to complain about it. But all I wanna say is that the commentary sucks

Try muting the commentary, I know in DBC14 that made the game a whole lot better sound wise...

Try muting the commentary, I know in DBC14 that made the game a whole lot better sound wise...

Hahahha that's what I have been doing. But I just wanted to address this to BA. Whoever gave them the idea of adding these commentators and this kind of commentary sucks big time. That person should not be in the team for approving this. It's like Big Ant got our hopes up for no reason. This is the most annoying part of this game. They might as well stick to the commentary from previous game and made some tweaks to that if they didn't have the budget

That's the first thing I did. Went to the audio settings, turned off the commentators and ramped up Sfx and Crowd. Everything's good on the audio side of things since then.

Or massive areas on football pitch you couldn't hit the football and pass to. Cover Drive is something which stands out but there are other areas such as 3rd man/fine 3rd man and behind square on the leg side (fine leg/long leg) which are equally unhittable.

Ermm there were serious issues in Fifa (gameplay-wise) which needed changing considerably.

@Markkkkk, agreed. My point was that not even a company with virtually infinite resources, e.g. EA can produce a perfect game without considerable flaws so we should give the opportunity to see what the incoming patch brings.

Anyone else getting loads of wides bowled by the AI? I just had 6 bowled in an over (all over the head).

Anyone else getting loads of wides bowled by the AI? I just had 6 bowled in an over (all over the head).

Yup. In casual matches I get loads of wides from AI bowlers - both spinners and pacers and both off side as well as leg side wides. No balls are spot on as they are far less frequent but wides happen way too often in all formats.

Users who are viewing this thread