Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

The issues mentioned are infrequent enough to ensure that 99% of the time you are having fun with this game!!

This is maybe correct for YOU, this is not correct for me, or many others on this forum... don't tell us what OUR gameplay is like!!

there are so many pages to dig through, so apologies if this has been posted.

yesterday i heard an edge through to the keeper, i didn't even need to control the catch manually. the commentator also commented on the edge, and I was a bit slow and it seemed i actually needed to appeal and by the time i pressed the button it was too late? and he was NOT OUT.

has anyone else had this?

This is maybe correct for YOU, this is not correct for me, or many others on this forum... don't tell us what OUR gameplay is like!!
Do you not understand that barking here won't make you gain anything, return the game if you don't like it. Please stop irritating us, who actually provide constructive criticism!

Do you not understand that barking here won't make you gain anything, return the game if you don't like it. Please stop irritating us, who actually provide constructive criticism!

I was planning on slowing down a bit, but seeing you get all red faced and stamp your feet like a 2 year old is too precious to miss ;)

yesterday i heard an edge through to the keeper, i didn't even need to control the catch manually. the commentator also commented on the edge, and I was a bit slow and it seemed i actually needed to appeal and by the time i pressed the button it was too late? and he was NOT OUT.

Yes, you need to appeal for a wicket where it isn't 100% obvious (e.g. clean bowled, catch in the outfield, etc.).

Yes, you need to appeal for a wicket where it isn't 100% obvious (e.g. clean bowled, catch in the outfield, etc.).

thanks mate, i like that the game has the feature. But after finding the 'bug reporting' thread. It does seem there is an issue with some catches not being given out and also the appeal button not actually working at the time. Among other things like plumb LBW calls not being given out even with DRS

hoping all these bugs get sorted out soon :)

thanks mate, i like that the game has the feature. But after finding the 'bug reporting' thread. It does seem there is an issue with some catches not being given out and also the appeal button not actually working at the time. Among other things like plumb LBW calls not being given out even with DRS

hoping all these bugs get sorted out soon :)

Hopefully. In terms of an edge though, if a player edges it and there's no appeal, it shouldn't be given out anyhow though. The issue is that you'll virtually never get a case of a team not appealing an obvious edge.

Do you have a link to some of the other examples, might be interesting to have a read of. Reminds me of some of the bugs that occurred with DBC 14. I remember a particularly annoying one where a player would edge it, be given out, and then the game would just go on as if nothing happened (the player not being out all of a sudden). Hopefully they fix any of these quicker than that one.

Hopefully. In terms of an edge though, if a player edges it and there's no appeal, it shouldn't be given out anyhow though. The issue is that you'll virtually never get a case of a team not appealing an obvious edge.

Do you have a link to some of the other examples, might be interesting to have a read of. Reminds me of some of the bugs that occurred with DBC 14. I remember a particularly annoying one where a player would edge it, be given out, and then the game would just go on as if nothing happened (the player not being out all of a sudden). Hopefully they fix any of these quicker than that one.

DBC 17 Bug Reporting - Use the format in the first post. - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

There are 10 pages of submitted/reported bugs.

Have a read, because before I was going a bit bonkers thinking I was blind, or possibly catches weren't carrying etc etc.

Some of the bugs that have been reported is re assuring that I am not losing my mind and makes me hopeful that BA has acknowledged and working on a fix.

Uuuhm...

Pretty sure he's talking about his experience.

Are you kidding me? I literally posted the sentence from his post I was referring to RIGHT ABOVE my response TO THAT SENTENCE OF HIS POST....

So yes, if you take it out of context, and assume that comments I made specifically to 1 sentence of his post (Which I quoted!) and instead decide to not use the quote function properly and cut and paste the parts of both posts to make me sound like I was in fact referring to the whole post, then sure, you are so correct...

Seriously? THATS the best you can do?

Here's what I was responding too, and what I wrote, incase your like @Biggs and cant figure it out...

The issues mentioned are infrequent enough to ensure that 99% of the time you are having fun with this game!!

For fearsome tweak's sake, calm down, dude. Stop being so angry at everyone who tries to talk to you.

Pakistan? :p

So yes, if you take it out of context

Which is what you did. His entire post is about his experience, the complete sentence he wrote, bolded for effect, is:

And tbh, from whatever playtime I had with this game, it's an amazing game and the gameplay seemed top notch! The issues mentioned are infrequent enough to ensure that 99% of the time you are having fun with this game!

He's not saying "You" as in "Royce" he's saying you in the third person, "one is having fun" is another of writing it. His entire post is about his experience, you took 8 words of an entire post out of context to rag on him.

Calm down, post-haste.

Which is what you did. His entire post is about his experience, the complete sentence he wrote, bolded for effect, is:

He's not saying "You" as in "Royce" he's saying you in the third person, "one is having fun" is another of writing it. His entire post is about his experience, you took 8 words of an entire post out of context to rag on him.

Calm down, post-haste.

So his last sentence 'translates' too "The issues mentioned are infrequent enough to ensure that 99% of the time one is having fun with this game!", which is not referring to himself, its referring to everyone...

Also, 4/14 lines refer to his experience, not "his entire post"...

Jesus merciful Christ, Royce...

one
wʌn/

pronoun
pronoun: one
  1. 1.
    referring to a person or thing previously mentioned or easily identified.

Users who are viewing this thread