Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

One is a pronoun in the English language. It is a gender-neutral, indefinite pronoun, meaning roughly "a person".

Notice how this refers to "a person" not "a specific person"... ie: "any person", not "this person"...

Learn the English language dude...

Out of random interest, how are you affiliated with Big Ant? (Your sexual chocolate comment the other day was confusing :/)

One is quite a archaic pronoun in the English language, it can refer to oneself or others. It largely depends on a persons background as to how it's used.

Back to the topic... if anyone actually remembers!

My first impression was actually quite a good one, I choose to bowl in a casual test match vs old enemy as australia, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much better bowling was this time around, could hardly contain myself after seeing that first edge go through to the keeper, only to be greeted by the mini catching game in full effect whilst I finalised the regulatory catch off englands no.1 batsman, joe root! I mean this nearly sent me into a frenzy!!! I was convinced for the first 30 overs of my playtime that this would be indeed the most incredible, fully fleshed cricket sim id ever gotten my grubby mits upon. Unfortunately I wasnt so enthused about the batting, but I did see and still do see hugely massive potential in this sequel, actually im nearly of the opinion this game is better in a way, I mean I dont think any cricket game ever has been this immersive in the bowling half, its truly one step for dbc but a huge step for cricket game enthusiasts! Anyways I do feel slightly disappointed that this game is buggy at launch, because I feel theres a lot of little issues that need sorting before they can fix the batting, and IMO the little things shouldnt have been there in the 1st place. Good luck to BA Im hoping they get on top of things :)

Back to the topic... if anyone actually remembers!

My first impression was actually quite a good one, I choose to bowl in a casual test match vs old enemy as australia, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much better bowling was this time around, could hardly contain myself after seeing that first edge go through to the keeper, only to be greeted by the mini catching game in full effect whilst I finalised the regulatory catch off englands no.1 batsman, joe root! I mean this nearly sent me into a frenzy!!! I was convinced for the first 30 overs of my playtime that this would be indeed the most incredible, fully fleshed cricket sim id ever gotten my grubby mits upon. Unfortunately I wasnt so enthused about the batting, but I did see and still do see hugely massive potential in this sequel, actually im nearly of the opinion this game is better in a way, I mean I dont think any cricket game ever has been this immersive in the bowling half, its truly one step for dbc but a huge step for cricket game enthusiasts! Anyways I do feel slightly disappointed that this game is buggy at launch, because I feel theres a lot of little issues that need sorting before they can fix the batting, and IMO the little things shouldnt have been there in the 1st place. Good luck to BA Im hoping they get on top of things :)

I think mine was similar. I won the toss and chose to bowl in a 20 20 since I figured my batting might suck and I wanted to extend the game. I had a great time. Got some early wickets and then dropped Hales who then smacked me around. Really felt like a challenge. I noticed the AI were not taking enough quick runs which was a bit disappointing but I figured that could be easily fixed.

Then when batting I initially was having fun too, but I soon realised that you could run basically every time you hit the ball which got annoying. I was also chasing down the target in what was looking to be an exciting finish, but then the spinner came on and the superman gully took three ridiculous catches off middled cut shots and that brought a crappy close to the game.

At the time I didn't notice the lack of scoring angles and even the animations didn't bug me too much, but now that I know these issues I know them all too well and have very little desire to play long proper games, at least batting.

@whiteninness ah interesting, I remember trying out a 20/20 game after my test match, I made sure that I was to bat first, I then simmed my batting innings so I could get a feel for how the ai would pace theirs in pursuit of my 140 odd, and I actually thought the same about there running between wickets- wasn't aggressive enough. But they did seem to be very keen on keeping there run rate on about 10 runs an over, by playing extravagant shots at the end of an over, if I'd managed to keep them quite for the first 3 or 4 balls. I also noticed or placebo effected or maybe lack of skilled, that they would play "catch up" in blocks of 2 or 3 overs... meaning if they got 5 in 1 over, then 6 in the next, than they were very aggressive in that next over, playing extravagant shots to get the run rate upto around 10ish, was playing on hardest difficulty. Needless to say they chased the runs comfortably!

Finally decided to give rest to dbc17 and wait for all the patch work. And this will take some time as the testing will happen on the pc version I think like the last time.

In the mean time going to further enjoy batting in dbc14.
Just started a new career in dbc14 as an opening batsman.
Batting is just so amazing in this.

Hi

I just wanted to share an amazing game of cricket I just played...I was playing as Pakistan against India in a T20 match.... I batted first, India got me in all sorts of trouble at 5-4, then in came Captain Sarfraz who steered the tail and made a century himself, got the total upto 174 of 20 overs....

India came into bat, were doing nicely, until an over by Anwer Ali who bowled some lovely off cutters, they went from 90-1 of 11 to being restricted to 154-5.....

What a game what a comeback...

Getting really into the game now, just imagine how much better it will be once all the bugs have been fixed....Especially the crashing ones..

Kind Regards
Riz

I was planning on slowing down a bit, but seeing you get all red faced and stamp your feet like a 2 year old is too precious to miss ;)
The more you post, the more tou seem like a troll! You don't want this game to get better, are you in relatin with Fegan by any chance?

@LittleBigPlanet At least you are willing to uave a civil conversation by pointing out the flaws and still back BA to fix it! Pleasw don't become like @Royce who is cheap enough to actually fight about the word 'one'.

@LittleBigPlanet At least you are willing to uave a civil conversation by pointing out the flaws and still back BA to fix it! Pleasw don't become like @Royce who is cheap enough to actually fight about the word 'one'.
I don't think attacking individuals is helpful either - on either side. If you don't like the way Royce is going about it either debate him in a respectful manner, or ignore him. I don't agree with everything Royce has said but I can understand his frustrations because I share a lot of them. There are people on both sides of the debate that have been just as antagonistic as you are claiming Royce to be. None of it is helpful since the game is still broken, the people that are out money for purchasing this game are still angry, the people who have bought it for relatives or friends for christmas are still angry - name calling and petty fights don't change that.

The more you post, the more tou seem like a troll! You don't want this game to get better, are you in relatin with Fegan by any chance?

Its the holidays lol, I have nothing better to do :P

DBC 14 is playable after 3 patches so dbc17 will definitely be lot better after patches especially when edges and bowling are already looking sorted out.

DBC 14 is playable after 3 patches so dbc17 will definitely be lot better after patches especially when edges and bowling are already looking sorted out.

I'm sure it will be a nice balanced game in the end, although I worry about some of the batting animations as they would require a complete redo rather than just a tweak, no matter how fearsome.

Another little niggle. I have bowling set to hardest difficulty and I have match settings on veteran.
I'm playing for Warwickshire as a leggy. Winning every game with ease and most games in at least one innings getting 5fers with only about 49runs conceded.
Most county teams are being bowled for around 200 runs and its not a challenge.

Anyone else finding it a little easy bowling? And general match winning?

Users who are viewing this thread