Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

It can work because you won't be simming past that ball you would be simming the ball first then showing it
It's likely to be a different type of simulation and wouldn't be possible to do this.

To "show" the delivery, even if just as a replay and not being interactive, it would need to have been run through all of the physics models... Simulating an innings quickly is unlikely to be pushing every delivery through such a process for calculating physics, shot selections etc. It's probably just an algorithm to produce somewhat realistic scorecards based on player attributes, match situation etc. The way that you can't see the wagon wheel for runs scored in simmed overs seems to back this up.

Yeah that would be a good start. Hoping its actually a bit more intricate than just that though. I mean that there is a few more variables in conditions that promote swing, like - pitch condition, ball condition, seam position, and then humidity (not talking about bowler skill at all, thats a completely different discussion.) Also hoping that there will be effective ways or tactics to manually enhance swing, in particular 'reverse swing'.

For sure swing isn't as simple as grey skies but in a video game it would be nice for users to get a hint from the overcast sky that the conditions may be conducive to swing and as you mention over time, or over different modes/levels, other details can be added.

in career mode can you play in world cups for international teams as you could not do this in DB14

Hi,
I played this for few hours today and didn't know where to put my thoughts and suggestions so I will leave them in general discussions.

First of all, batting seems to have improved a lot as I can play variety of shots and that alone makes this a great experience in my opinion (and there is a batting tutorial in the works so no complaints about that anymore). Bowling controls seems interesting too. In DBC 14 I used to get 8-9 wickets per match with my career player and most of them were just due to ai playing same scoop shots at mid on or mid off or square leg. The bowl physics I noticed in this game won't make that possible I believe.

I never even thought of having a stadium creator so that's just more good news. Having said that mouse and keyboard can not be used to create stadiums (they only work in menus I believe) which would make it much quicker to create stadiums. I would also love the ability to change scoring multipliers if possible in mini-games to create custom scenarios for practice. Other than that I am just waiting for the release now.

Last edited:
Tomorrow we will announce the World Premiere of DBC17 at EB Games - we have to fit in with EB's release existing schedule - I cannot give the date now but will say that it is definitely within the next two weeks.

Excellent news hoping to see plenty of info coming in. Ramping up the interest for the last 8-10 wks!!

Users who are viewing this thread