Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

why do you want games to be washed out?.do not you want to enjoy playing it?.Here we are the players!!!!.do not compare it with real life games on this.

We don't want complete washouts but having dynamic weather often a huge part of the strategy of test matches.

It'd be very hard to implement though without it being a pure source of frustration though.

I seriously do not mind games getting washed out. That frustration feeling is also important sometimes in games. Imagine you are 99/9 last session and you are chasing 120 odd runs and game is washed out. A happy and sad feeling.

We don't want complete washouts but having dynamic weather often a huge part of the strategy of test matches.

It'd be very hard to implement though without it being a pure source of frustration though.

Dead right, it has a massive effect on outcomes of test matches and one day matches.

Besides how many people play 5day match to completion and end up with a draw anyway? Just guessing, but I've never played over 4 days and not got a result, although its a different story when playing career mode and simulation takes over. Be good to see it implemented though especially one day games with the duckworth lewis method in flight haha.

Dead right, it has a massive effect on outcomes of test matches and one day matches.

Besides how many people play 5day match to completion and end up with a draw anyway? Just guessing, but I've never played over 4 days and not got a result, although its a different story when playing career mode and simulation takes over. Be good to see it implemented though especially one day games with the duckworth lewis method in flight haha.

Yeah, for me the only argument to not have rain is that it is hard to implement well. By that I mean it's not just hard to have an accurate distribution of washouts, but particularly hard to have the human player aware of the weather conditions such that they can react realistically.

And, if people really didn't want it, there could always just be an option to turn it off...

Yeah, for me the only argument to not have rain is that it is hard to implement well. By that I mean it's not just hard to have an accurate distribution of washouts, but particularly hard to have the human player aware of the weather conditions such that they can react realistically.

And, if people really didn't want it, there could always just be an option to turn it off...

I think dynamic weather was part of DBC14 itself. They could just have this rain prediction dialog box saying when there is a chance of rain and around that time dark clouds can be simulated and the % possibility of rain can determine the probability of it raining.

Bingo!

Like sibi just said- its in the game already, and there's a display at the start of every game that tells you the forecast over the course of the match. So its just a matter of the human player piecing it all together to determine there strategy. I'm completely agreeing that it will be hard to implement without causing frustration though, because if it doesn't line up with the forecast and it's just random and/or doesn't have an effect on outfield and ball conditions then its fairly useless, unless its consistent and easy to understand and has an effect on the ball. But when is the weather easy to understand lol

Last edited:
Bingo!

Like sibi just said- its in the game already, and there's a display at the start of every game that tells you the forecast over the course of the match. So its just a matter of the human player piecing it all together to determine there strategy.

I know but this is something that basically users just skip over. What you'd need would be for rain to visually occur and perhaps warnings throughout the games suggesting that rain might be coming.

But ultimately there are much more important things to put in the game first.

I know but this is something that basically users just skip over. What you'd need would be for rain to visually occur and perhaps warnings throughout the games suggesting that rain might be coming.

But ultimately there are much more important things to put in the game first.

Probably 5 years back that could have been the case, but I think DBC has come to the point where you can trust BA with the core gameplay and shift our focus on the supporting features. To be fair, knowing how the pitch is going to play due to change in weather and if there will be reduction of overs is crucial in planning our strategy.

Yeah the bells and whistles! :)

Probably 5 years back that could have been the case, but I think DBC has come to the point where you can trust BA with the core gameplay and shift our focus on the supporting features. To be fair, knowing how the pitch is going to play due to change in weather and if there will be reduction of overs is crucial in planning our strategy.

Perhaps after 17.

DBC14 had very nice batting and bowling mechanics for the user but suffered from a very simplistic and often unrealistic AI, particularly when they batted.

Even I face stutter after hitting ball with gtx 980 graphics card,may be it's beta version I guess.Hope these problems will not be there in retail version

DBC Team should look this case on priority bases , Before release the complete game . Today face the same problem .

Users who are viewing this thread