Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

We don't want complete washouts but having dynamic weather often a huge part of the strategy of test matches.

It'd be very hard to implement though without it being a pure source of frustration though.
Also, we don't have enough D/L method interfered games. In DBC 14, when it did rain in One dayers, it was only for like 5 overs. If rain eats up like 10-15 overs, things could get interesting. We, the players, could get a taste of what it's like to lose a D/L method (ex :if you are behind 4 runs, and rain comes, and you lose by 4 runs because you didn't keep up with it) I think those types of games would be fun to play.:yes

Just a guy who couldn't speak English and for whatever reason Biggs decided to like him and then everyone fell in love with him. Seriously at first everyone hated him and as soon as Biggs made a comment everyone changed their opinion.

no people still vilified him...threw stones at him, only after the ashes 2013 release seeing his prophecy come true people started revering him, biggs just new his greatness when no one else did.

Can someone explain me what is game play modifiers?
Those are the sliders. You can increase or decrease the value of pitch condition etc...
Ex: You can increase or decrease the swing/spin/pace/bounce of a pitch within the game through the modifier.

Those are the sliders. You can increase or decrease the value of pitch condition etc...
Ex: You can increase or decrease the swing/spin/pace/bounce of a pitch within the game through the modifier.

I want to Know then What will be the Value of effect of Pitch Condition and weather condition , When You can change it any time in the Game ?

In Perth Type Pitch (Fast Pitch) , you will make the Turning pitch instead of Fast Pitch , It Looks unrealistic .

Without wet Pitch or grassy grond , You will make Ball Friction is more , why ?

In my Understanding , Stadium or weather effect should have such features as eg. with Fast Pitch or Slow Pitch , not on users hand .

and after rain ball have more friction and pitch become slow .

Gameplay Slider should not be in Career mode , This is my understanding

Why not? This makes no sense. If we find a set of gameplay sliders that maximise the realism or fun factor of the game, why not have them in career mode?

Online ranked games I could understand, but not career.

Again, overthinking sliders.

Optimal use case would be to find what is most fun for you. Whether that be slowing down the pace to be able to pick your shots, or ramping up the pace for more challenge. I'll be switching between options here and there, which is awesome.

Some people are going to change it game by game to more accurately simulate real world locations, which is awesome.

Great feature. Awesome that we will have it.

I want to Know then What will be the Value of effect of Pitch Condition and weather condition , When You can change it any time in the Game ?

In Perth Type Pitch (Fast Pitch) , you will make the Turning pitch instead of Fast Pitch , It Looks unrealistic .

Without wet Pitch or grassy grond , You will make Ball Friction is more , why ?

In my Understanding , Stadium or weather effect should have such features as eg. with Fast Pitch or Slow Pitch , not on users hand .

and after rain ball have more friction and pitch become slow .

My question is, why would you want to make Perth pitch as turning pitch? The sliders are useful WHEN you are not getting realistic condition or pitch type in a given stadium. Say, you are playing at Lords, and there is very less bounce in the pitch which is very unrealistic compared to real life pitch condition. At that point, these sliders come into play.

Again, overthinking sliders.

Optimal use case would be to find what is most fun for you. Whether that be slowing down the pace to be able to pick your shots, or ramping up the pace for more challenge. I'll be switching between options here and there, which is awesome.

Some people are going to change it game by game to more accurately simulate real world locations, which is awesome.

Great feature. Awesome that we will have it.

How is wanting them available in career mode overthinking?

It is to make the game more adjustable to individual tastes. For ex: there may be apitch were i think turn can be more were as someone else would think its a lot.

I think its more to tweak and adjust the pitch rather than make it entirely different.

And also you can always not use it if you dont want.[DOUBLEPOST=1478491877][/DOUBLEPOST]
The sliders are useful WHEN you are not getting realistic condition or pitch type in a given stadium

The problem is the realism and the strive for it varies with people and their perception, you may think the amount of seaming is a lot, while i may think its less etc.

why would you want to make Perth pitch as turning pitch?

Nagpur is a typical turning slow wkt generally, but during aus2004 it had one of them most pacy and seaming track for that tour alone. So if im recreating that tour or rare situations like that i would like to have that option to have that different pitch.

Last edited:
realism and the strive for it varies with people and their perception
I don't agree. Most of us already know that condition varies from one country to another. Asian countries are big turner's, British have seam and swing and Aussies have pace and bounce. People can't 'think' (as your saying) that there would be bounce in Asian countries .

Just wondering would it be possible to illustrate on screen the ball condition and seam condition/position? Like somewhere near the bowling huds?
I was just thinking of how could the game show new players how swing and seam work, show how reverse swing comes about, what side the shiny side is for in/out swing, and also reverse swing. The best way I could think of is having a mini ball below/above the bowling HUD, with all relevant info on the ball characteristics eg: seam condition 75%, shiny side 75%, and rough side condition, reverse swing %.

The way I see it working is the ball would start out as 100% condition and would deteriorate by 1% each delivery until it gets down to 0%, and then it would start to increase by 1% each delivery for reverse swing. So in theory it would work as follows:
1st over) 100%-down to 94%
2nd over) 94%-88%
3rd over) 88%-82%
4th over) 82%-78%
5th over) 78%-72%
All the way to the 16.4 over mark when its at 0% conventional swing, and then reverse swing possibility starts:
17th over) reverse swing 2%-8%
18th over) 8%-14%
19th over) 14%-20%
20th over) 20%-26%
21st over) 26%-32%
All the way to the 25th over where the ball would have a 50% chance of reverse swing. *note I don't think the ball should have a chance of reverse until the ball is at least 50%(25th over) just because it seems to be a more realistic time frame. Anyway next phase:
33.4 over mark) 100% reverse, by this time % will start declining again.
34th over) 98%-92%
35th over) 92%-86%
36th over) 86%-80%
37th over) 80%-74%
All the way to the 41.4 over mark when the % would be back at 50%, therefore no more reverse swing.

Also I think you could have thing that enhance/decrease swing like bowler traits(new ball swing king, reverse swing bowler) or overhead conditions, shining the ball, pitches, etc. I mean some bowlers may have a 10% boost or decrease based on there skill and/or trait.

But yeah obviously there is a swing mechanism in the game already, it would just be nice to have a bit more info displayed in the next game. :)

My question is, why would you want to make Perth pitch as turning pitch? The sliders are useful WHEN you are not getting realistic condition or pitch type in a given stadium. Say, you are playing at Lords, and there is very less bounce in the pitch which is very unrealistic compared to real life pitch condition. At that point, these sliders come into play.

Suppose You play with AI and while bowling You make tough Condition of Pitch and ground and While batting make easy Condition , So what Will Be the Worth of Pitch and Ground Effect ?

Ok , Then My Question is Half Game you Play with Turning Pitch condition AI for more friction ball or Half Game you make according to yourself more smother ground , Is that Realistic ?

Is this in Hand of Player to change Pitch or batting or Bowling Condition ?, In Sunlight You make dew Condition Is this Realistic ?

Yes Agreed to Make Lords near to Realistic , That is why I will support this slider in Stadium Creator Not within the Game , So That You can make realistic pitch and ground condition for whole career or game .

It will be more interesting to make stadium creation with various effective pitches , Not to change the game play strategy .

Nagpur is a typical turning slow wkt generally, but during aus2004 it had one of them most pacy and seaming track for that tour alone. So if im recreating that tour or rare situations like that i would like to have that option to have that different pitch.

This is One case , Before every match pitch curator make the pitch , Asian Countries and Slow track , It may Vary upto certain level only .

Yes You can have Pitch Curation Option Before the Game , But My Concern is Changing the condition within the game Not Realistic ?

And You cannot change the weather condition as this game allow this also , Why I should wait for Rain condition when I could make Rain effected ground without having Rain i.e is Far for realism .

Users who are viewing this thread