Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Off topic, sort off.....how do I block a member, so that I can not see ANY post that they make?

Excited for DBC17. loved all the new features presented so far. Sliders seems to be really cool add on. One question, is there any upgrade expected regarding AI Field placements. in DBC14, AI mostly keeps the field up for a new bowler (or when a new batsman come to bat) regardless of match situation (whether its power play or not). wondering if any features added to resolve this sort of issue.

If you don't wanna use it, don't. If you never adjust it from the default it's not ever going to effect you. However, if after playing it a while you feel there's a few tweaks needed, it's there.
I don't understand how this is even a debate.
it's like somebody requesting test cricket be removed because they only like t20. BA have given us the choice of how to use their game to make it personal to each user and I can't see how that is a bad thing.

One thing I always wanted in cricket games is the AI thinking. In DBC 14, the AI wasn't really thinking of how to get the batsmen out. For example, when you play in a certain area for runs, you expect the opposing team to patch that area, the AI have a fielder there, but they change the whole field. I would personally want the AI to think, and just put a fielder there withough changing the whole field. I want the AI to be creative with their fields, like we saw before Patch 3. That would actually fun to play against creative fields than just the same old fields. The AI are not very attacking and not very defensive at many times.

AI Fielders Have such a Lazy Throw , As in Videos I have not seen grounded throw from AI Fielders , This require to be improve

I'm hoping eventually that the game can more resemble what you see on tv ie. the colours aren't bright....most things on a cricket pitch (except maybe a 20/20 or one dayer) are quite bland...white...grass...pitch...etc. Obviously I haven't seen the final game (just basing on the demo) however having spent 5 days watching the Aus v SA test in Perth and comparing it...RL cricket on tv is quite bland (colour wise...not the gameplay).

Also, I'm sincerely hoping that AI bowlers, esp really good bowlers, bowl consistent line/length and bowl to a field. Having said that...they also make mistakes.

Are spinners allowed to bowl at a super slow pace in dbc17 like they were in dbc 14,this made them really hard to play against when playing online especially

A few questions from me, for those who attended the game play sessions:
1) does the first slip still dive like a soccer player when the ball goes through to the keeper?
2) can you affect stumpings on semi assisted fielding mode?
3) does the umpire move to the side of the stumps when running a single, rather than standing still?

Game will be awesome if the grass looks like this in game...please color up the grass a bit...thanks :)

Cricket 17 PS4 PEGI Rating Front Covers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread