Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Paddle sweep would be good too. Played by pressing unorthodox + defensive triggers. Helicopter shot can also be added the only unorthodox shot to be played in front of the wicket.

More edges and edges going for four without slips in place and when third man is inside the circle.

Some mishits going skyhigh only to be caught by the bowler or keeper.

An improvement over the already good AI. No slips in place after 8 - 10 overs except when the batting side is in great pressure. AI scoring runs according to the required run rate.
In Dbc 14 I was bowling the last over in a one day game. The AI needed four of two balls and it decided to leave both the balls.

A more in-depth career mode although It is excellent already.

I don't know if this is the case already but the red ball should be swinging more than the white ball.

Full tosses bowled by fast bowlers and overwaist no balls.

The AI gives away no balls and wides other than the overhead wides.

More depth in fielding.

Injuries may be added. Bowler may get cramps if he is bowling consecutively for many overs with high fatigue. A batsman with high fatigue may also get cramps while stealing a quick single or get injured getting hit by the ball. A tired player may get injured while diving after the ball. Injuries may result in reduced performance or may even force the player player off the field.

Ability to save replays.

In Career mode you should be able to bowl in the nets to a teammate and hone your bowling skills too. While batting skill may get subtracted on the dismissing delivery and when the batsman edges the ball.

Manual appeal for run outs. Maybe add the option of sledging too :p

Variable pace of delivery. For example faster delivey of a bowler is random between 140 -145, normal delivery varies from 132 - 142 and slower varies from 110 - 130. Fatigue may affect these values. And it varies greatly between different players like it already does. It may also be affected by the conditions.

A button for yelling "Catch it!".

A more in-depth academy and improvement in "get best" feature.

Different skill meters for defensive, lofted and unorthodox shots. A skill meter for fitness deciding rate of injuries.

Crowd reacts accordin to home team.

A ball on the pads may go for four leg byes and finer leg glances are more often on a ball on the pads.

Good well its been announced. I'm sincerely hoping @Ross and the boys/girls of BA have read through this thread: Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 155 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums (yes all 160+ pages of it) and understood the frustrations of DB14 and what we'd love to have in DB17...particularly wrt the campaign mode.

I'm just hoping this isn't an updated DB14. I look forward to seeing further details of DB17.
Iirc career mode has been deeply expanded upon....

Right I just want to know...will there be a team career mode?!? I don't like single player career

Right I just want to know...will there be a team career mode?!? I don't like single player career
I think better idea for you to play competitions and tour except career.

What does Deeply expanded refers , is it more tournaments or Variation based on time . AI Improvement , New shots revealed , New type Bowling unlocks based on career timing and Player capability growth which makes the curiosity to complete the career .

Also implementation of Player and Team Ranking

would love to see the skill elements of players shown in academy affecting the gameplay

Hi everyone,

Was reading a while back that DBC 17 will have a stadium creator, is this still the case?

Would love to be able to create stadiums in the academy before the release of DBC 17!

This has never been confirmed, nor requires a new thread. It's only ever been speculated, suggested and occasionally insinuated.

Something that i would like in the game and i would like to hear you guys opinion in it...

As someone who generally finds be a pro very boring, as a matter of fact i never actually finished a season on dbc14. I Lost interest quickly because all you did was turn up bat bowl repeat. You couldnt even change your hair afterward. I much more prefer a manager mode. Now i immediately realise the difficulties with this - not all the countries have their cricket seasons at the same time. But there are, in my opinion, 2 solutions for this.
1- you follow ea and fifa. You choose one team example in england and play with them. ( possible option to lock onto one player ?) you are in charge of the entire team on and off field. Sign players during transfer windows, off seasons training. You eventually coach intl teams. And there is off season matchs like taking and england team for ashes in australia during december. If you grow tired of england showers u can sign for an ausie team. This mode can also be implemented for be a pro. Would make a lot more interesting.
2- Rugby 04-08's most famous mode was world league. Maybe devide club/intnl teams (or both) into divisions regardless of season, play to progress and sign better players or accept offers from higher ranked sides. I know this mode seems unrealistic but was it realistic on the rugby games? Ea used a bit of imagination and created one of the most popular game modes in sports games.
As i said just an opinion/suggestion. Would love to hear your opinions in it.

Here's hoping. I know doing a proper SP campaign to rival the likes of FIFA/NBA/etc (esp when it comes to a 20 year career) isn't going to be easy but if they truly want it to be done properly (and I know they do), they will need to somehow allow things like:

- ability to change players once the career starts
- new players coming in, players retiring, players being injured, players being sanctioned/suspended/etc (what?), etc

That will involve some sort of expanded player database...plus some sort of 'transfer system' for the world 20/20 leagues (IPL especially) due to the amount of player movements that occurs.

One of the biggest career mode killers for me is the inability to change players once the career has started so I had to 'cheat' a bit by choosing say Chris Rogers at #2 and me choosing the #2 slot. This was so that I didn't somehow depose Warner in a few years' time so that I'm now batting with Chris Rogers who would be 40'something by then. It totally put me off playing altogether (and I only play the SP campaign).[DOUBLEPOST=1464572886][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi everyone,

Was reading a while back that DBC 17 will have a stadium creator, is this still the case?

Would love to be able to create stadiums in the academy before the release of DBC 17!

I'm quite sure I saw a post by @Ross himself (or quoted somewhere) that mentioned this. I could be wrong but I'm sure I read this somewhere.

@Plotinus iirc I think it was @Ross in an interview with another site who said the stadium creator was something they were looking at I don't think it's been a confirmed feature?

Let's hope it is there though as it would be amazing

Something that i would like in the game and i would like to hear you guys opinion in it...

As someone who generally finds be a pro very boring, as a matter of fact i never actually finished a season on dbc14. I Lost interest quickly because all you did was turn up bat bowl repeat. You couldnt even change your hair afterward. I much more prefer a manager mode. Now i immediately realise the difficulties with this - not all the countries have their cricket seasons at the same time. But there are, in my opinion, 2 solutions for this.
1- you follow ea and fifa. You choose one team example in england and play with them. ( possible option to lock onto one player ?) you are in charge of the entire team on and off field. Sign players during transfer windows, off seasons training. You eventually coach intl teams. And there is off season matchs like taking and england team for ashes in australia during december. If you grow tired of england showers u can sign for an ausie team. This mode can also be implemented for be a pro. Would make a lot more interesting.
2- Rugby 04-08's most famous mode was world league. Maybe devide club/intnl teams (or both) into divisions regardless of season, play to progress and sign better players or accept offers from higher ranked sides. I know this mode seems unrealistic but was it realistic on the rugby games? Ea used a bit of imagination and created one of the most popular game modes in sports games.
As i said just an opinion/suggestion. Would love to hear your opinions in it.

Agree with @Biggs that the further away from EA (at least from a cricket game perspective) the better

But I've also thought previously that a world league mode would be a great addition. Would allow you to incorporate a fully fleshed out team career mode as you lead your "franchise" (how I loathe that word) to world domination. Marshall your resources to build your dream squad making sure you've got the players to compete across the three formats and in different conditions. Would be great fun for those of us who prefer a team based mode rather than an individual career mode.

I suspect that it's far too late in the development cycle to include something like that though... maybe one day.

Users who are viewing this thread