Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Changing a whole animation might be a bit much to ask, but replacing the precision-shot-late-cut with a glide to third man (crucial part of the one day game imo) would give us the choice between a regular late cut (using just the sticks, no modifiers) or, if the ball wasn't wide enough to cut but still outside off, a glide to third man using RB + usual 'late cut' stick positions. Small thing, just a thought.

Last edited:
May be more depth if you get offers from the "less likely to win the league" teams first time round and if you do well the next year get offers from the better teams.....ie get offers based on your "talent" from various teams in different years ;).. Also maybe with different Skill Point offers...
that would be better, i agree.

I had posted this in general discussion thread as well..

Guys in 2 player match is there a way to just switch off display of delivery type dial only... i want only the jump and delivery dial to be displayed...this is how it used to be in dbc 14...if i switch off bowling hud everything gets switched off....kindly help...

And if it is not possible, i suggest to change it the way it was in dbc14... It really kills the fun in 2 player offline matches...

I've noticed that the stamina and confidence bars don't seem to be effected by breaks in play, which could perhaps be more realistic.

For example, I was batting in the second innings of a test at the end of day two. One batsman was 40* off about 60 balls, with high confidence (80-ish) and low stamina (30-ish). There was about 15 overs left in the day when the rain came and washed out the remaining overs. The rain had cleared in time to start day three on time at 10AM, however when I checked my batsmen his stamina was still low and his confidence still high. I would have thought that a nights rest (plus the washout of the final hour) would have given him plenty of time to recover some stamina, and that the break in play would have lowered his confidence as he needs to get his eye in again.

Some things i would like to see in DBC 17:

· The ability to choose teams/groups before you start the T20 or ODI World Championships like in DBC 14. Also to choose the country to play the competition in? Currently does this randomly.

· The ability to use world championship templates to create your own competition like in DBC 14. For some reason when creating your own competition the world championships templates are missing?

· The ability to choose the time of the match and pitch condition before the match is played in Tour and competition modes. Only available in casual mode at the moment.

· The ability to De-select umpires to be chosen in matches. This would mean my downloaded ICC umpires would be the only ones chosen to umpire matches. Again a feature in DBC 14.

· Field settings map screen requires navigating via the d pad or L1 and R1(PS4) to view maps for spin, fast , balance, defensive field settings etc. Like in DBC 14. In DBC 17 you have to scroll through them all or carry out a search?

Thanks.

Last edited:
"Field settings map screen requires navigating via the d pad or L1 and R1(PS4) to view maps for spin, fast , balance, defensive field settings etc. Like in DBC 14. In DBC 17 you have to scroll through them all or carry out a search?"

Yeah thats one big thing that takes so much time as well .

In 14 it was a few clicks with R1/L1 to cycle through Agressive / Defensive etc. although I was of the kind that only ever used my own custom 5 fields , that I would rather tinker with one or 2 spots manually than search through 80 fields to hope to find the "perfect" one

I'm now captain of my team, so when I select the lineup and bowlers for the next game it would be good to be able to see my players info like batting and bowling average, strengths and weaknesses, batting order position, whether they're an aggressive batsmen or balanced or more defensive, fielding stats and things like that.
The way it is now i had a weak opening batsman so I wanted to replace him, so I have to leave the lineup screen and go to 'my team' screen and click on the player just to see what position he bats in. So I discover he's not an opening batsman so I have to look at some one else.
BUT... To do that I now have no option but to hit circle button to back out of the players info. But doing that takes me back to the career home screen. So now I have to go through all that again with each player I want to look at... Seriously? A little annoying.

Another good idea would be, as captain I should be able to tell my players to up the run rate. Sometimes we are desperate, and needing 10 an over or so and the guy at the other end is not sharing my enthusiasm for winning. I need to tell him to up the tempo.

15 minutes of fame? On an internet forum about a cricket game... that's perhaps a bit much don't you think??

Also, the game is not a small child/mystical creature/whatever... it is not a requirement for us to "have our best interests in the well being of the game"...
" Us" ? Oh dear, its lord of the flies all over again! Nothings going to change now until the next patch. Let's just wait and see. Improvements are coming! Just like as with DB14.

In the last Bradman game (14), you give players individually coloured helmets...say if you didn't want to use the 'team kit'. Eg. I want my player to wear a black helmet...but there is no option to change the colour of the helmet...only to add sponsors.

You could also change the colour of their pads and gloves...

The only thing you can change the colour of is the bat and shoes, everything else you just have to pick team kit.
Even the feilding glass can't be saved[DOUBLEPOST=1483152306][/DOUBLEPOST]Broadcast training camera is missing, when u are batting in broadcast mode when the bowler changes the length the ball can't be seen

There doesn't appear to be much control over the leave animation? I'll try and duck a bouncer, and fifty percent of the time my guy will step into it and bunt it away towards cover with his face. Or lift his bat up into the air and send accidental edges flying everywhere.

Am I just doing it wrong? I changed leave to X so I didn't accidentally push L3 or R3 in while batting (happens time to time).

There doesn't appear to be much control over the leave animation? I'll try and duck a bouncer, and fifty percent of the time my guy will step into it and bunt it away towards cover with his face. Or lift his bat up into the air and send accidental edges flying everywhere.

Am I just doing it wrong? I changed leave to X so I didn't accidentally push L3 or R3 in while batting (happens time to time).

Press LS back (backfoot) when you press X for leaves against short deliveries. That should help.

This is quite a minor thing but causing me some frustration. I've had several instances of being too aggressive in my use of the right stick when batting, leading me to accidentally press it down and coming out of my crease without meaning too - and being out stumped on several occasions.

I had the same issue with the default leave button (accidentally pressing in on left stick and leaving balls aimed at the stumps) but this could be mapped to a different button. Is there a possibility that a similar choice could be given for which button controls the advance down wicket choice?

Career mode:

- First class cricket is far too aggressive which means draws have been eliminated. I'm currently 8 games into the season and there hasn't been a single draw in either division to date. During my own games, its not uncommon to see 500+ runs scored in a day! Batting in the top order, I've found this game much easier to construct an innings, however the players around me are just scoring quick runs and getting out so I'm often stranded with the tail very quickly.

- I can't find the screen from DBC14 which showed how many overs are remaining in the game. If a game did make it down to the wire, this would be good information to have access to.

- Rigid field settings makes every innings feel the same. In about 10-15 first class games i've only played against two different field settings - these are in place whether I'm on 0 or 150. It would be nice if there was some intelligent captaincy in a game that plugged areas I'm scoring frequently in and make me think about alternative scoring methods.

- Available stats are woeful. Not sure how this has been missed out? I was excited to see how this was going to progress from the previous version - perhaps a customisable dashboard with the KPIs that a player deems important for each format. I work as a performance analyst in professional sport, so maybe that's just me who seems it as an important aspect! At the very least, bring back the career stats page. This should allow you to scroll between 'all time' and 'current season'.

- I don't want to play T20 cricket around the world, but that seems to be the only options to progress my career from English county Cup. Will I get the opportunity to play Aus first class cricket at some point? And how do I know how far off National selection? These should be clearly visible, and even customisable to display the competitions you are actually attempting to play in.

Users who are viewing this thread