Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

So twistie3 will be doing a livestream of the game at PAX this Friday.

Something to look forward to!
Where did you get that info bro?

So twistie3 will be doing a livestream of the game at PAX this Friday.

Something to look forward to!

Are you sure? Ross already confirmed that it wasn't going to be AT PAX?

@DBC17... Number of balls faced by batsman not shown in the final match summary card...please add to the final game :) thanks...

dbc17.jpg
216260_20161020160508_1.png

Last edited:
Just reading through this thread and wow... with all the nitpicking and negativity... Don't get me wrong it's your opinions but laying it on abit thick when all you've seen is a few videos on YouTube.

I think some of the problem for some people is that the players used were all generic and same with kits and logos...as they had to due to likeness and such. Once it gets all the 'bells & whistles' from academy people will tamper down.(at least a little bit, one might hope) Also YouTube isn't the greatest for video quality compresses it so much.

For me personally looks great. The amount of work that's gone into giving this game more depth/verity/difficulty in all areas of the game. Just looking at career mode video and wow very impressed, even with the little 'feature' where you can select different difficulty for bowling and batting. little things like this just make playing the game much more enjoyable. Looking forward to my career very much. BA gives us all the tools we could ever ask for to create whatever we want and play how ever we want. I guess it's a sandbox cricket game :)

Yes the commentary is a little odd at times but it's great to see James Taylor being involved!

Just look at how far BA has taken cricket gaming... It's unrecognizable from years ago. We keep asking for 'features' they deliver (stadium editor) keep pushing the lines for a cricket game and it's on a level way out by itself. So i know it seems the 'in thing' to be negative but remember where this game has come from and appreciate it.

Games not even out yet.. and they support their games after release with patches so i have no worries for this game at all. Reading way too much into things from edited YouTube videos. We'll all be BUYING it anyway so why be negative already?

Anyway sorry for the long post but come on people!!! :)

@DBC17... No balls faced shown in the final match summary card...please add to the final game :) thanks...

If i understood properly its objectives you completed is shown on the screen ,whats wrong in that?

Last edited:
@issue Sorry I corrected it...its actually Number of balls faced by batsman :)

Yes the commentary is a little odd at times but it's great to see James Taylor being involved!
It obviously depends what people's complaints are about commentary - but you'd be surprised how much we can improve with code changes, and indeed already have in many aspects since the version of the game shown, just by improvements to the logic of when certain lines are played.

Part of the World Premiere is that it's timed so that we've still got time to respond to user feedback before release. People making constructive posts about areas of the game they didn't like are the most valuable things for us right now, so keep it coming as you see more video of the game.

@issue Sorry I corrected it...its actually Number of balls faced by batsman :)
Should be doable - I'll look into it.

I think the game is going to be excellent. I wish people would stop being so nit picky about things that honestly shouldnt matter.

Big thanks to Big Ant Studios for another good looking game

Nit picks are fine - if a change is easy enough to do, even if it doesn't have huge consequences, it can get done. It's not a guarantee - but thinking of something as a small thing is by no means a reason not to post about it.

Indeed, if the only complaints people have are nit picks, then that's a good sign.

It obviously depends what people's complaints are about commentary - but you'd be surprised how much we can improve with code changes, and indeed already have in many aspects since the version of the game shown, just by improvements to the logic of when certain lines are played.

Part of the World Premiere is that it's timed so that we've still got time to respond to user feedback before release. People making constructive posts about areas of the game they didn't like are the most valuable things for us right now, so keep it coming as you see more video of the game.

Should be doable - I'll look into it.

CommentaryName.Mike?
{Delete}
End

camera.jpg

DBC17 has much detailed graphic but some camera angle like this not suitable.....much batter if set some side angle that way we can see different graphic!!!!
i feel that hows good if we have, after playing shot 40-30% more close broadcast camera...
need some improvements in camera angles which make more value of BA hard work...

later updates if possible custom camera depth, edit like zoom in-out or we can put camera points for broadcast in stadium creator which are switches with different action time.:)

Who is to decide whats valid or not? If they feel something isnt good, it their opinion, they shouldnt be bullied into thinking otherwise.

That would be the case in a general forum. When the CEO and developers are active in the forum, they look for constructive criticism; they had asked it to be so themselves. This particular thread is dedicated for such constructive answers. So essentially, any bland negative emotions are a waste of space.

Users who are viewing this thread