Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Noticed this in 2videos , the number of deliveries remaining gets wrong sometimes..

One of the video when 7 balls were remaining it showed 6 but other thing is that it stayed 6 after that delivery was bowled so the last over count was fine...

In the latest video 1 ball remaining and it showed 0..

The latest video showed the slo mo mechanism, it looks great and I feel its really good addition to fast catches and even fielding dives, outfield boundary saves(?)

The slo mo catch in the video which went to square leg that would be the perfect animation for the one which looked confused whether a catch or field animation in the previous video

The finish to the match with a commentary, animations for a smooth finish would be great than an abrupt one..

Last edited:
When can we expect the Official Trailer of the game to be released. I hope this time the visibility of the game is much more in social media to hype the game before release. I am sure with piracy now under control (finger crossed), and there is now option to have regional pricing, this game will sell much more copies than DBC14. Personally speaking, the depth in the Career Mode alone is worth any price for this game. Rest all are just bonus. I already have spent many hours with DBC14, and I am sure I will enjoy this new edition even more.

Last edited:
It obviously depends what people's complaints are about commentary - but you'd be surprised how much we can improve with code changes, and indeed already have in many aspects since the version of the game shown, just by improvements to the logic of when certain lines are played.

Part of the World Premiere is that it's timed so that we've still got time to respond to user feedback before release. People making constructive posts about areas of the game they didn't like are the most valuable things for us right now, so keep it coming as you see more video of the game.

Should be doable - I'll look into it.

Matt, in that case, it would be great to have the no. of overs specified against the bowling figures too: for example: 3-5 (2.3)

Guess this wouldn't be difficult to add, as these are just stats, right?

Extremely commendable job by BA. Guess would have to prepare another set of rewarding trophies :arwk: this year to send out to you guys. ;)

Thanks a ton!

Regards.

@MattW If possible please look into this...we had enough of that angle after the ball passes ropes in DBC14...needed something new view in DBC17 (a side view)...missing the crowd and stadium view in this camera angle...

View attachment 174771
DBC17 has much detailed graphic but some camera angle like this not suitable.....much batter if set some side angle that way we can see different graphic!!!!
i feel that hows good if we have, after playing shot 40-30% more close broadcast camera...
need some improvements in camera angles which make more value of BA hard work...

Nit picks are fine - if a change is easy enough to do, even if it doesn't have huge consequences, it can get done. It's not a guarantee - but thinking of something as a small thing is by no means a reason not to post about it.

Indeed, if the only complaints people have are nit picks, then that's a good sign.

Cool.

• In DBC14, Short 3rd Man and Short Fine Leg were considered out of the 30 yard circle. Hope they are brought inside in DBC17?
  • It would be nice if there is an option to have only one of the commentators of our choice speaking in the future. Something that can be put in the Audio options -> "Mark & James - James - Mark - None".
  • Nowadays umpires are going upstairs for more decisions on run-outs that are not that close. Just for the sake of making the umpires more believable, that could be done in DBC17 although there is a valid counterpoint of them just slowing down the game.
  • The straight-on cam for umpire giving out is breaking the 4th wall plus that bent over pointing of fingers looks cheesy. Probably an emulation of the 70s and 80s style of umpire signals, but even the DBC14 one was better.It would be nice if it could be changed.
  • The balls remaining seems to drop more than 1 when a wicket falls. Someone above had posted about this too.
  • In the bowler's career stats display, usually runs given is not displayed and instead the strike-rate will be shown. Hope that change can be made?
  • Apart from the batting, bowling and default fielding camera which are all amazing, the broadcast and automatic replay cameras can play from on the below locations (1 & 3 can be ignored) (I had sent this along with the detailed suggestions pdf I had sent last year). While the default cameras are amazing, if the replays and filler cuts are shown from one of these angles, then it would be great. Also having the camera at that long distance and zooming in will help reduce the depth in the field and also cutting down the fps to 30 and adding motion blur will give the full effect. Although the transition effect is really cool :D
main-qimg-d86d628fcfcf3236c29718148e897ed5.png

• I also wanted to post something about real time stats display. So far I have seen Projected Score and mention of Manhattan Graph. Would be great if the Worm Graph and Partnership Graphs are also shown. Also the list of current series/tour scores of the batsman and figures of the bowlers. One more really cool idea would be to include a detailed stats or form window that lists ALL the scores and bowling figures that my career player has achieved along with the opposition name, ground and city name and also the date of the match. If a match summary is presented with each of those entry, it would be even more awesome. While apart from that, there can be other stats (not yet sure what others are there in DBC17) such as the ones I had done in the following Excel Sheet for a series of Aus-Ind match. I had done this with many simple formulas on each table so if DBC17 could replicate something like this...score ball by ball entry and retrieve calculated stats in realtime then it would be amazing. I have included both the filled sheet and an empty one. (Earlier, I had posted this here: dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.60 +v0.02 | Page 70 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums)

It is really amazing to know that a cricket game has almost achieved perfection gameplay wise and we can freely nitpick the other details.

Attachments

• Australia India Tour Reference.xlsx
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • DBC Charts Template.xlsx
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Cool.

• In DBC14, Short 3rd Man and Short Fine Leg were considered out of the 30 yard circle. Hope they are brought inside in DBC17?
  • It would be nice if there is an option to have only one of the commentators of our choice speaking in the future. Something that can be put in the Audio options -> "Mark & James - James - Mark - None".
  • Nowadays umpires are going upstairs for more decisions on run-outs that are not that close. Just for the sake of making the umpires more believable, that could be done in DBC17 although there is a valid counterpoint of them just slowing down the game.
  • The straight-on cam for umpire giving out is breaking the 4th wall plus that bent over pointing of fingers looks cheesy. Probably an emulation of the 70s and 80s style of umpire signals, but even the DBC14 one was better.It would be nice if it could be changed.
  • The balls remaining seems to drop more than 1 when a wicket falls. Someone above had posted about this too.
  • In the bowler's career stats display, usually runs given is not displayed and instead the strike-rate will be shown. Hope that change can be made?
  • Apart from the batting, bowling and default fielding camera which are all amazing, the broadcast and automatic replay cameras can play from on the below locations (1 & 3 can be ignored) (I had sent this along with the detailed suggestions pdf I had sent last year). While the default cameras are amazing, if the replays and filler cuts are shown from one of these angles, then it would be great. Also having the camera at that long distance and zooming in will help reduce the depth in the field and also cutting down the fps to 30 and adding motion blur will give the full effect. Although the transition effect is really cool :D
View attachment 174777
  • I also wanted to post something about real time stats display. So far I have seen Projected Score and mention of Manhattan Graph. Would be great if the Worm Graph and Partnership Graphs are also shown. Also the list of current series/tour scores of the batsman and figures of the bowlers. One more really cool idea would be to include a detailed stats or form window that lists ALL the scores and bowling figures that my career player has achieved along with the opposition name, ground and city name and also the date of the match. If a match summary is presented with each of those entry, it would be even more awesome. While apart from that, there can be other stats (not yet sure what others are there in DBC17) such as the ones I had done in the following Excel Sheet for a series of Aus-Ind match. I had done this with many simple formulas on each table so if DBC17 could replicate something like this...score ball by ball entry and retrieve calculated stats in realtime then it would be amazing. I have included both the filled sheet and an empty one. (Earlier, I had posted this here: dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.60 +v0.02 | Page 70 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums)

It is really amazing to know that a cricket game has almost achieved perfection gameplay wise and we can freely nitpick the other details.

Your posts are always quality.

In DBC14, Short 3rd Man and Short Fine Leg were considered out of the 30 yard circle. Hope they are brought in?
I've seen differing placements depending on which field positions chart you reference, and this is the first post I can recall bringing it up. It's unlikely to be something that could be changed at this stage - however I would be interested how many people would consider it a position to go inside the circle.

So far I have seen Projected Score and mention of Manhattan Graph. Would be great if the Worm Graph and Partnership Graphs are also shown.
I can confirm all those are in.

The balls remaining seems to drop more than 1 when a wicket falls. Someone above had posted about this too.
Those ball count issues should be fixed now.

Guess this wouldn't be difficult to add, as these are just stats, right?
It will come down to how the overall visuals look - if the screen's too cluttered with those displaying - particularly as you can just cycle over to the Batting or Bowling scorecard and see the full detail.

@MattW at this stage any possibilities to fine tune camera view at a specific spot?

@MattW Do you see it as a possibility for the darker, lighter field shades to be an option in this game? Or will it be considered in years to come.

Last question, is the option to add Logos on grass definately out?

I've seen differing placements depending on which field positions chart you reference, and this is the first post I can recall bringing it up. It's unlikely to be something that could be changed at this stage - however I would be interested how many people would consider it a position to go inside the circle.

I can say that it can be seen on TV when the 3rd man and fine leg are brought in during death overs allowing for the field to spread out in other directions. I can also say that the short 3rd Man and Short Fine Leg were inside when I played at the district level and the captain who had played for the state team set fields.

But I could go by logic and function too...in the image given below, there is already a Deep 3rd Man on the boundary and a 3rd Man midway between the 30 yard and boundary so I would rather have my short 3rd Man on the line than just outside thereby costing an extra fielder outside the ring. The inner variant is called a fly slip and although the only difference it makes for a fast bowler is that I wouldn't be able to catch a miscue that's heading to the boundary, it is a big restriction for spinners, for whom it is majorly used, as they stand so close to batsman that they are really a 'fly slip'. So there is no protection behind if I or the AI decide to go aerial which means if I get the elevation despite my bad timing, I get runs and it becomes a safe option when it is not supposed to be.

So as I see it, even if the names are ignored, it would be best for the Short 3rd Man and Short Fine Leg to be ON the circle like the ones on the cover side, thereby counting as infielders.

13.jpg

And thanks for confirming about the graphs! Exciting stuff :)

@MattW : What are the inclusions or changes made in the Interactive replay menu, really eager to know that?

Now about the color depth I was talking about earlier when I said DBC17 looked a bit washed out...here is a color scheme comparison of how it is in Twistie's video and how I roughly like it to be...

Apart from the sharpening that has been badly accounted for the compression, I just increased the Vibrance 50%, increased the contrast 30% and decreased the brightness 20%.

2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread