Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

It's easy to blame a party. But Tru Blu isn't a new player in town. BA have been associated with them for quite some time. So I'm pretty sure they have their reasons to continue with them.

I din't know making a trailer is harder than making a game.
It's not a cakewalk either. It's not just record, cut, process. Point being, it is time consuming too. Not saying there shouldn't be a trailer, just that give it a bit more time.

It's easy to blame a party. But Tru Blu isn't a new player in town. BA have been associated with them for quite some time. So I'm pretty sure they have their reasons to continue with them.

It's not a cakewalk either. It's not just record, cut, process. Point being, it is time consuming too. Not saying there shouldn't be a trailer, just that give it a bit more time.

I think you overestimate how many Australian video game publishers there are, particularly ones willing to take a risk on a genre of game that has historically been poor.

I thought the big screen in field would be used much better this time..So far couldnt see anything new apart from the old scorecard..Something like live action replays, DRS replays shown on that with the team looking at the big screen for decision, even run outs..Would have made the environment much more alive..

Thought would get added looking at this in Lacrosse trailer..

Untitled.png

I thought the big screen in field would be used much better this time..So far couldnt see anything new apart from the old scorecard..Something like live action replays, DRS replays shown on that with the team looking at the big screen for decision, even run outs..Would have made the environment much more alive..

Thought would get added looking at this in Lacrosse trailer..

View attachment 175041
It will just take the game to another level if at all it is implemented.

I just want the game to reachout to as many people as possible.
I played dbc14 ,but if not for my friend i would'nt even have known dbc 17 existed.
That is why i am so desperate about the game's maketing.
Dont get me wrong ,i loved dbc 14 and eagerly waiting for 17 now .

I think you overestimate how many Australian video game publishers there are, particularly ones willing to take a risk on a genre of game that has historically been poor.

So you're saying BA aren't spoilt for choice and have no other option left to excercise? That would explain the continued association but even then I'm sure Tru Blu would be aware of what's happening around and only they would know what plans they have up their sleeve.

I'd be great to have a highlights package at the end of the match / innings ala Fifa 16. We can see the boundaries or wickets, milestones or all.

So you're saying BA aren't spoilt for choice and have no other option left to excercise? That would explain the continued association but even then I'm sure Tru Blu would be aware of what's happening around and only they would know what plans they have up their sleeve.

This is my feeling, yes.

You probably haven't followed the development of Australian Rules Football games but Tru Blu has produced the past two, and to summarise:

AFL Live 1 (circa 2011) on PS3, 360 and PC was by Big Ant and was genuinely considered a decent first attempt at a footy game and a good base. The Wii version was by Wicked Witch, a smaller Australian company and was basically a trumped up arcade game and essentially a load of shit (not unlike many sports games on the Wii)

AFL Live 2 a couple of years later was done purely by Wicked Witch and was basically a slightly improved port of the old Wii game. 100% done on the cheap and a bit of a disgrace to the AFL public.

So things like this make me think that Tru Blu really has little idea of what's going on.

You don't need pre-release hype months out, you need people buying the game once it's out. When you don't have big marketing budgets, you focus your efforts near where it matters the most. You'll see the trailer soon enough, and before you ask, no I don't know the date.

You don't need pre-release hype months out, you need people buying the game once it's out. When you don't have big marketing budgets, you focus your efforts near where it matters the most. You'll see the trailer soon enough, and before you ask, no I don't know the date.

I think the issue is less the lack of trailer and more the fact that the first footage the public sees is dodgy mobile camera footage or somewhat unflattering footage of two random people playing who aren't very good and hence don't show off the game very well.

First impressions really count and from what I've read in various places (here, BigFooty, Youtube etc) they unfortunately are fairly mixed for this game.

1.This game needs a trailer for marketing purpose.
Fanboy: Cut them some slack. They have made a cricket game , that's more than enough. They were so busy in developing the game, they didn't get time to do that. If you want it , do it yourself.
2. New bowling animation would make this game feel much better.
Fanboy: If you don't like the existing ones , don't buy it.
3. Back-foot lofted shots look a lil bit odd.
Fanboy: I am not bothered about the animations tbh.
4. I don't like the new commentary.
Fanboy: If you don't like it , there is an option to turn it off. TBH i turned it off the first day DBC 14 was released.
I love @BigAntStudios for what they have done for us till now. But if the fanboys keep acting like this, this forum is gonna be empty in no time as @whiteninness said.

Users who are viewing this thread