Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Game looks good, still haven't played any of the demos. Need to play an online match with @MattW soon. This has been your monthly [HASHTAG]#biggsupdate[/HASHTAG].

DBC17 does look good but the anti aliasing is still pretty bad though!

Would like BA to tweak 3 things:

-A flow of the bat or a finish to that weird looking halfway stopping shot hit between the cover and point..

-Allowing that Hook shot to be able to play for chest level to top of head level..At the moment it needs to be really high to connect the shot..

-That backfoot slog animation straight or cover does look weird/bad..It would be good looking if the backfoot chip animation which looks like Warner's shot would be the best one.Let the power of the shot differ between the chip and slog..Would look great and serve the purpose as well..

Would like BA to tweak 3 things:

-A flow of the bat or a finish to that weird looking halfway stopping shot hit between the cover and point..

-Allowing that Hook shot to be able to play for chest level to top of head level..At the moment it needs to be really high to connect the shot..

-That backfoot slog animation straight or cover does look weird/bad..It would be good looking if the backfoot chip animation which looks like Warner's shot would be the best one.Let the power of the shot differ between the chip and slog..Would look great and serve the purpose as well..

Can you make a video of these shots so folks who don't have access to the academy (coz of system limitations) are able to see as well?

Yeah I've been thinking about this one as well, because as it is now the lofted back foot cover drive still looks really awkward, and no one really plays a cricket shot like that.

I was thinking as a substitute you could have a baseball style horizontal bat slog over the covers, even though that would be played on the front foot it would make more sense than the animation that is in there at the moment.

@funnyadit's suggestion is good also to keep the animation the same as the regular back foot cover drive but make the ball loft off the bat.

I hope that multiple stadiums can be assigned to an international team?

Yeah I've been thinking about this one as well, because as it is now the lofted back foot cover drive still looks really awkward, and no one really plays a cricket shot like that.

I was thinking as a substitute you could have a baseball style horizontal bat slog over the covers, even though that would be played on the front foot it would make more sense than the animation that is in there at the moment.

@funnyadit's suggestion is good also to keep the animation the same as the regular back foot cover drive but make the ball loft off the bat.
Not just regular backfoot cover, the backfoot chip shot animation, which looks really cool as well...Personally the shat animations must look good for me to make it more enjoyable..I know the amount of time I loved watching replays of shots played even by AI sometimes..Its the good feel I get out of it which makes it more enjoyable..

@BigAntStudios Why this kind of square drive animation couldnt be added? It looks more clean and gives the chance to even get edge chasing wide deliveries...

main-qimg-5662318eea2971069f3411c65f91aca9-c

@BigAntStudios Why this kind of square drive animation couldnt be added? It looks more clean and gives the chance to even get edge chasing wide deliveries...

main-qimg-5662318eea2971069f3411c65f91aca9-c
I hope somewhere in future iterations of the game, we will get options to add custom animation on created player in academy. We might get features like adding multiple kinds of shots/animations to a batsman or different bowling actions for different bowlers etc. Even though these do not affect game-play but certainly can act as delights for gamers. But who has seen the future :) .. may be.

I hope somewhere in future iterations of the game, we will get options to add custom animation on created player in academy. We might get features like adding multiple kinds of shots/animations to a batsman or different bowling actions for different bowlers etc. Even though these do not affect game-play but certainly can act as delights for gamers. But who has seen the future :) .. may be.
Personally not a fan of too many animations for same shot because it might cause confusion is execution part as this game decides the way the animation plays based on many inputs...So I just want good looking proper cricketing shots..I really love some animations that have made it in the game which I am sure will be watching many times when executed perfectly...

Maybe something in the future hopefully , why not more animations in future as they have a studio for creating it...

Exactly that is why my thought was that this may act as (come out as) delight to someone who like to see that their Dravid in academy plays similar animation as real Dravid. And game-play is not at dependent on it, its just more of an eye-candy :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread