Don Bradman Cricket Academy V0.99c Beta

kainkareswar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ross HELP! :noway I Was Using DBC Academy 0.99a Beta Till Now But Now When I Installed 0.99c It Crashes To Desktop After DBC Logo:(

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Someone please check it immediately.
Of all the teams, these are the only unique stadiums set in the greyed out segment. I really hope there's more than this in the game.

Lancashire Stadium
Sussex Oval
Durban Fields
Colombo Park Oval
Trinidad Cricket Ground
Delhi Park
West Oval
Wellington Park
Lahore Cricket Club
Adelaide Gardens
Melbourne Stadium
:yes

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So i guess this fixes everything? If not i would like to use that as an excuse for being too lazy to create players.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is there any plans to have the differing type of balls used, so you could use the right type of balls for that era,( Victorian ball, 30s, 40s) and so on??

I don't know if that would alter the physics at all as maybe the swing/bounce was different?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is there any plans to have the differing type of balls used, so you could use the right type of balls for that era,( Victorian ball, 30s, 40s) and so on??

I don't know if that would alter the physics at all as maybe the swing/bounce was different?

i have asked before if they'd have different ball manufacturers and if they would perform differently (e.g. the way Dukes, Reader and Kookaburra behave differently) but it's not been answered; though there are different "ball company" choices in CA (currently only 2, Big Ant or Bradman Musuem) but there's been no word on whether they behave differently.

i also think being able to play on uncovered pitches, to replicate older eras, would be awesome - would affect pitch deterioration significantly. but there's no CA option for that, unfortunately. maybe later.

----------

So i guess this fixes everything? If not i would like to use that as an excuse for being too lazy to create players.

it seems to have fixed the obvious problems in v0.99b

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think the only issue with the uncovered pitches/older balls thing is although we like to have things as realistic as possible, how many people who remember uncovered pitches will by this game? For us how would we kno how they played, and is there much footage/facts to warrant doin it realistically? Nice idea though, haven't even played the game and we're already contributing to a sequel!!!!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So wrist spin is leg spin & finger spin is off spin? Am I correct?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
yes, that's correct. (and his stock ball, in terms of the game, is leg break)

-----------------------------

Ross, there's no delicate way to put this - the original creator issue is not solved. i was looking at my uploads and saw some given to me that i had no part in whatsoever - just downloaded them and added them to my team. (and submitted the team.) i don't even think i skilled (some of) them or changed their sponsors/kit etc.

also, i saw my george headley given to someone else. (as in gave them as submitted by and original creator.)

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Darn 99c is crashing straight to the desktop. Haven't had this before......any ideas. It crashes as it is gathering info at the beginning.....

Users who are viewing this thread