Download Managers

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I used to use Flashget and FDM. Now I don't have anything and curse everytime a large download decides to stop in the middle! BitTorrent all the way!!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have FlashGet and LeechGet.. LeechGet is quite amazing with the download speeds and with its file splitting ways. I love both of them.

FlashGet works very very well with sites like Megaupload who have restrictions on the download managers to use! I can use it with Megaupload and get speeds of 500kb/sec through Megaupload which is one of the slowest file hosts available!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
sohummisra said:
I used to use Flashget and FDM. Now I don't have anything and curse everytime a large download decides to stop in the middle! BitTorrent all the way!!!

Why don't you get one? It's only a few more mb but it means you can pause in your downloads.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
aussie1st said:
Why don't you get one? It's only a few more mb but it means you can pause in your downloads.
I don't need it. I don't download large files that often, and if I do it is always on BitTorrent. Otherwise, my connection is fast enough to handle it.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
sohummisra said:
I don't need it. I don't download large files that often, and if I do it is always on BitTorrent. Otherwise, my connection is fast enough to handle it.
BitTorrent isn't good for files that are also avalible on FTP/Http.Because u also have to upload the data.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
blackleopard92 said:
BitTorrent isn't good for files that are also avalible on FTP/Http.Because u also have to upload the data.
Leecher mentality, innit? I have no problems uploading data to other people.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
sohummisra said:
Leecher mentality, innit? I have no problems uploading data to other people.
Neither do I.However, I have a quota limit of 1gb of data transfer on my broadband.So I try to find other means before going to BitComet.

Ritwik

co-founder
Leo, get sify broadband if it is avaiable in your area, and then buy the plan for Rs. 1122 (after VAT and other taxes) per month which has a 256 Kbps upload/download speed, and no limits on hours, data transfer or time/day of usage.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Ritwik said:
Leo, get sify broadband if it is avaiable in your area, and then buy the plan for Rs. 1122 (after VAT and other taxes) per month which has a 256 Kbps upload/download speed, and no limits on hours, data transfer or time/day of usage.
I would have, however try to understand my position
I would be going to an engineering clg in about 2 months, and then would have hardly time for anything.Also I would be in Hostel, and nobody in my family uses broadband it except me.
since I might return on a Sundays, that means I would have 4 days in a month for net(PCkt too).and 1gb is more than enough for 4 days of browsing.

Ritwik

co-founder
k. Try to find a better package with your current provider, in that case for the next two months.

And anyways, you'll be able to enjoy unlimited downloading at DCE I think!

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Ritwik said:
k. Try to find a better package with your current provider, in that case for the next two months.
I am better off trying to loose 40kgs in 2 months....

Ritwik said:
And anyways, you'll be able to enjoy unlimited downloading at DCE I think!
I am not going to DCE.
I can get CSE or IT defn in NSIT.:D
Although I can get unlimited downloads there too.

Ritwik

co-founder
Oh yeah NSIT. I always use DCE as generlisation for both the colleges, because of the common entrance test.

However, even with all the downloading, you won't probably be able to download what you *REALLY* want will you ? :p

Users who are viewing this thread