Early sales trends

The charts in the UK are somehow out by a significant degree, don't know why, it's very odd.

It's definitely been in the top three of the new releases in the UK from the sales data we have, as it has been in SA/NZ/India/Australia the only difference being that in those nations the charts reflect it as expected whereas UK says 34th.

I can only think that the timings of the release, coupled with when the cut-off for the week is done, meant that very few sales were actually captured in the "chart week". The number that registered in the week can't be reflective.

I truly hope you make a bucket load and keep developing this game for the future. Maybe its a typo and should be 3 not 34 :D

Congrats to Big Ant,

You guys remind me a bit of SI games and the "football manager" team, You interact with the forums and answer questions despite always having to deal with an unreasonable element of people. It definitely makes a big difference and helps people want to support your product.

Last edited:
Based from what I have seen the UK sales are for the week of April 12th (last week). I believe the game was released on the 8th/9th there so its 3/4 days worth of sales.

I think it will the charts this week and next week as well.

Geez... imagine what would have happened if they hadn't 'buggered it up' and if the release strategy hadn't been 'poor'.

oh the :lol:lol

Oddly, Tru Blu seemed to have known exactly what they were doing. Who-da-thunk-it

The charts in the UK are somehow out by a significant degree, don't know why, it's very odd.

It's definitely been in the top three of the new releases in the UK from the sales data we have, as it has been in SA/NZ/India/Australia the only difference being that in those nations the charts reflect it as expected whereas UK says 34th.

Maybe we should wait to see what the genuises at VGchartz have to say about the figures. ;)

ah well, i hope next week is more reflective of the sales because i feel that a higher placing would generate more of a buzz and lead to even more sales, there's definitely a market for cricket games here more than a 34th place in the charts.

If you look at the leader boards and extrapolate, it appears that around 7500 people are online. let's assume that is 30% of copies sold which puts it around 25000 copies sold.

also I was watching some Indian Gamer video of dbc14 on YouTube and he is discussing the game in comments by replying he has a modded Xbox and he downloaded the game from a torrent and that's why the roster doesn't have real names.
Quite brazen.
Edit - here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjrFcZi3Zg

sadly I'd think this game Is being pirated quite easily and quite a bit in India... what a shame. maybe elsewhere too...

they shoulpd put out a patch which checks for pirated copy and deletes or alters core gameplay : make the ball a soccer floaty ball or remove the stumps or make the field super small or super huge etc...
Best: make all players goats.

----------

I'm assuming ps3 in that. considering xbox360 as near that, add another 20000 copies.

Last edited:
Maybe we should wait to see what the genuises at VGchartz have to say about the figures. ;)

ah well, i hope next week is more reflective of the sales because i feel that a higher placing would generate more of a buzz and lead to even more sales, there's definitely a market for cricket games here more than a 34th place in the charts.

VGChartz are most unreliable. I've had them 10,000% out on our Sprint Cars games.

Tru blu did deliver as expected (poorly), anyone who plays Rugby Challenge knows how hard it is to get a copy of that at a non Triple-A price. I got lucky and paid ?25 for that, and I still feel slightly ripped off, wouldn't have paid ?45 for it. Thankfully DBC doesn't have this problem, just feel the rarity of the game and the price strategy could put people off. ?49.99 in shops is a lot of money for a new IP, especially a sporting one.

Trying to spread word about this game as much as i can on U.S.
Indians here is eager to play this game.

I bought the game 4 days ago, not sure on others experiences but my local eb had no games on the shelf or any advertising, and store was extremely busy and staff were all speaking with people so went to my local jb hi fi, again no copies on shelves or no advertising asked staff member if they had any copies and she's like yeah there all behind the desk
Why would either store not display them?
Maybe that would be having an impact on sales if it's common among jb and eb
For what it's worth I'm in SE vic

Tru blu did deliver as expected (poorly), anyone who plays Rugby Challenge knows how hard it is to get a copy of that at a non Triple-A price. I got lucky and paid ?25 for that, and I still feel slightly ripped off, wouldn't have paid ?45 for it. Thankfully DBC doesn't have this problem, just feel the rarity of the game and the price strategy could put people off. ?49.99 in shops is a lot of money for a new IP, especially a sporting one.

One of the issues we have, there are many, is that it's made with Australia labour rates.

Our exchange rate has all but killed the video games industry here, as far as I know we are the only independent developer actively working on both next-gen consoles.

When I lived in the UK I often paid near $3 for a pound, it has recently been down to $1.50 (now sitting at $1.80).

Out of the top 40 in this weeks UK chart :noway

Users who are viewing this thread