Editing Player Profiles

ok this may sound a bit stuipid but how complete is a player editor 50%?

cheers for the update barmyarmy keep up the good work duff

Back in post 384 I said there were a couple of bytes in player stats I couldn't find a function for. Happily I've now cracked them. The 4 bytes at the end of the stats before the next set start contain matches, maidens and 5-fors.

Code:
Bytes 36,37,38,39 - Maidens, Matches and 5-fors
AB CD EF GH
Maidens
either convert DAB to decimal or (A*16) + B + (D*256)
Matches
(G*16 + H)*4 + E/4 (E will be 0, 4, 8 or C (12))
5-fors
F*4 + C/4 (C will be 0, 4, 8 or C)

e.g. 2A 41 40 0B Andrew Flintoff
(2*16) + 10 + (1*256) = 298 maidens
(0*16 + 11)*4 + 4/4 = 45 matches
(0*4) + 4/4 = 1 5-for

I've finally identified and cracked the bytes for BBI wickets. They're stored in bytes 108-115.
I'll post more details later.

Just to add to the previous post BBI wickets are as follows:
Test = 5th remainder of 108-111
ODI = 1st remainder of 112-115
FC = 2nd remainder of 112-115
OD = 3rd remainder of 112-115
These are not meant to be scaled up but are the exact values.

Quick bit of info on byte 226 as well
Code:
Byte 226 - Accessories
base is 00 for normal players and 80 for created players
Brim = _4
Cap = _8
Turban = 4_
Shades = _1
Wrist Band = 1_
Suncream = _2
Towel = 2_

I was looking back at player skills and whilst I can reverse code it I still can't crack it from the given bytes. There are players with the same skills but different bytes which would imply that something else is involved as well.

You are a glorious beaken of light Colin. Hopefully I can finish the Player Editor before I go on holidays, but I don't think I will get anywhere near that. :(
Cheers and keep the fine work up. Great job you are doing.

I've wondered about this for a while and decided to look into it more.
Whenever you make a created player, the last player you make is copied into a slot between A.Pratt and A.Patel (offset 498932). In a brand new roster this slot is filled by A.Player.
This name then changes to the name of the last created player you made.
This seems to create quite a lot of confusion in editing terms for the game...

Well i've read the thread but what i am stuck at is that how do we find what byte does what ? i mean, colin has made most of them here, but what if i want to find abouit something new, example - bytes for the locking of videos etc. in a player profile and some for rosters ? I am a bit used to programming and i can make some editors but i am really stuck at this ( i am asking about c2k7 ) :p

Kshitiz_Indian said:
Well i've read the thread but what i am stuck at is that how do we find what byte does what ? i mean, colin has made most of them here, but what if i want to find abouit something new, example - bytes for the locking of videos etc. in a player profile and some for rosters ? I am a bit used to programming and i can make some editors but i am really stuck at this ( i am asking about c2k7 ) :p

Two things you could do,although there are no bytes in the roster I can assure which controls any of those things you say.

1)If its something which can be changed in game and you know what file its getting stored on,then try comparing values before and after changing them ingame,the byte which changes is the one which controls it.You can then try playing with them to find out how it works exactly.

2)If you already know which bytes in the file are for what,you could try changing the remaining and then study how that affects what ingame.Backup is a must before doing this though.

More importantly Id suggest you get a good idea on how the hex digit system works before trying these out.

Users who are viewing this thread